Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Posted a week ago ….. ‘ 2 possibly 3 signings looking to be completed next week. ‘  Nothing announced so far.

Please Sir.  …. Permission to wet the bed !

How do you know we not signed a couple of players there not officially till June window opens 
    It's social media Ronnie, probably best not take everything literally.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    twitter linking us , reading, Stockport to Malik wilks

Thou knows Mr Wilkes...
  • Options
    edited May 31
    shirty5 said:

We're not signing Amos Brearly are we...🙄
  • Options
    Would like Wilks, but he has always previously played up north. Would he come south?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

He died in 2007, so probably. We’ve moved on from injured players. 
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    shirty5 said:

He died in 2007, so probably. We’ve moved on from injured players. 
    I'd say death is the ultimate injury...🙄
  • Options
    SexyDave said:
    SDAddick said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    NabySarr said:
    I can’t see why Arsenal would send one of their better young talents to a team that doesn’t play with wingers? Unless he can play centrally or we are changing formation. I don’t see that move happening, they’ll just choose to send him to any league 1 team that plays with wingers 
    I don’t think anyone (hopefully with the exception of Jones) at this point knows what kind of team we are. Last season Jones would have looked at the squad and thought, ‘What is the best way I can keep this squad up?’

I don’t think we’ll see too much similarity between that team and the one we see this season.
    Maybe, but this is a squad with one winger, TC, and the best attacker/best player, May, cannot play up front on his own. Not to mention we have clearly recruited for a 3-5-2 the last two windows.

If you're not playing with two of front, we're back to "where do you play May?" You could go 4-4-2 diamond, but no wingers. You could try a flat 4-4-2, but that requires recruiting both wingers and a different type of central midfield than Coventry, who was signed for a large fee last window.

So while maybe we don't know exactly how Jones wants to play, unless we're looking at something like 15 out 12 in, we at least know what some of the building blocks will look like.

https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1777653437678657633
    Thanks man, I didn't see this, although I did see the rumors of a fee when he signed in January. 
  • Options
    1st of June tomorrow, how many players in, do you think we’ll have signed, by the end of June?
  • Options
    edited May 31
    1st of June tomorrow, how many players in, do you think we’ll have signed, by the end of June?
    To be honest I thought we’d have seen at least a couple in by now. I’m going to say eight by the end of June.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 by the end of June. GK,CB,LB and 2 CMs
  • Options
    https://footballsierraleone.net/2024/05/31/amadou-bakayoko-is-on-radar-of-several-english-clubs/

Stockport, Salford City, Charlton Athletic, and Tranmere Rovers are all set to make offers for Forest Green Rovers striker Amadou Bakayoko.
    All those clubs Charlton are challenging for his signature have played non league football not so many years ago.

Thought one of our owners/ management said we what Championship players in.😀
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Nay, Mr Wilks.
  • Options
    A Crewe-supporting friend tells me he's seen speculation regarding Rio Adebisi moving to Charlton. Eleven goal involvements last season, out of contract, 'we're resigned to losing him...has been superb and will play at a higher level.' Friend admits the rumour may be nothing.
  • Options
    A Crewe-supporting friend tells me he's seen speculation regarding Rio Adebisi moving to Charlton. Eleven goal involvements last season, out of contract, 'we're resigned to losing him...has been superb and will play at a higher level.' Friend admits the rumour may be nothing.

May just have been this wish list from early May.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-crewe-rio-adebisi-thierry-small/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 31
    fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    If so then that goes against all that Nathan Jones has said about getting the bulk of the squad assembled before pre-season starts. 

We are now leaving May - a month after the season ended and we are lighter than we were at the start as we have let players go but not recruited any.

Once again, "getting our business done early" seems to be just words. As they say, talk is cheap. 
    Remind me esquire, when is the first pre-season friendly usually lined up for? July you say? And that comes after June? Interesting, interesting... And that's too late for you? 

The bollocks you spout at times ceases to amaze me, but you keep plumbing those depths my friend
    Although I agree with the sentiment you actually need players in a few weeks before the friendlies to properly drill. I would imagine NJ will want most players in place within about 3 weeks. Won’t happen of course but that will be the desire 
    The common opinion is that Jones has a big influence on recruitment.

Come the opening game we'll see.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    If so then that goes against all that Nathan Jones has said about getting the bulk of the squad assembled before pre-season starts. 

We are now leaving May - a month after the season ended and we are lighter than we were at the start as we have let players go but not recruited any.

Once again, "getting our business done early" seems to be just words. As they say, talk is cheap. 
    Remind me esquire, when is the first pre-season friendly usually lined up for? July you say? And that comes after June? Interesting, interesting... And that's too late for you? 

The bollocks you spout at times ceases to amaze me, but you keep plumbing those depths my friend
    Although I agree with the sentiment you actually need players in a few weeks before the friendlies to properly drill. I would imagine NJ will want most players in place within about 3 weeks. Won’t happen of course but that will be the desire 
    He did say he wanted the bulk of any transfer business done by the end of June. I make him right. Whether it will happen is anyone’s guess.
  • Options
    edited June 1
    MarcusH26 said:

This response, based on a poster's guess, is beyond comprehension.

Unless one considers the whole purpose is totally unfounded rabble rousing.

It takes a certain type of personality to take any opportunity to try and make others feel bad.

Sad, or what?
  • Options
    edited June 1
    Sorry if my post has caused any problems, I only really based it off what's currently doing the rounds in terms of rumours. I'm probably the least ITK person on here.
  • Options
    edited June 1
    I’m sure we have a few already sorted, with others in negotiations…what’s with all the panic about getting it in print, just chill 🍺

• Options
    Its the same every year.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Sorry if my post has caused any problems, I only really based it off what's currently doing the rounds in terms of rumours. I'm probably the least ITK person on here.
    Not by a very long way @MarcusH26 !!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂