Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited June 1
    redbuttle said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    5 by the end of June. GK,CB,LB and 2 CMs
    If so then that goes against all that Nathan Jones has said about getting the bulk of the squad assembled before pre-season starts. 

We are now leaving May - a month after the season ended and we are lighter than we were at the start as we have let players go but not recruited any.

Once again, "getting our business done early" seems to be just words. As they say, talk is cheap. 
    How do  you know whether we have already got players lined up waiting to sign. How about bring positive for once. I don't think you would be happy if we were successful. 

...😉
  • Options
    edited June 1
    redbuttle said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    5 by the end of June. GK,CB,LB and 2 CMs
    If so then that goes against all that Nathan Jones has said about getting the bulk of the squad assembled before pre-season starts. 

We are now leaving May - a month after the season ended and we are lighter than we were at the start as we have let players go but not recruited any.

Once again, "getting our business done early" seems to be just words. As they say, talk is cheap. 
    How do  you know whether we have already got players lined up waiting to sign. How about bring positive for once. I don't think you would be happy if we were successful. 
    TBH if the 5 signings that were @MarcusH26's guess were all for the first team and far better than we already had, then I doubt anyone would complain if we signed the rest in July. (Ok hardly anyone)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Early May check in - anyone concerned we haven’t signed anyone yet?
    It was time for the same question for June - but the last page seems to have confirmed it’s officially time to panic.

My guess is we’ll need around two signings per week during June to calm things down.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Early May check in - anyone concerned we haven’t signed anyone yet?
    It was time for the same question for June - but the last page seems to have confirmed it’s officially time to panic.

My guess is we’ll need around two signings per week during June to calm things down.

Players are back pre season training start of July I think? 
    NJ said he wants 90% of our transfer business done before they come back.
    We need say 8-10 players?
    So 2 a week through June would be about right to keep NJ happy I would think.
    I think the players are back in around the 24th of June as our first friendly is the 6th of July, so weve got just over 3 week to get in as many as possible, it just seems so quite, well not if your a Rotherham fan anyway, I just hope nathan has alot of aces up his sleeves 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Things are happening we just aren't broadcasting it all.

The only player I would have wanted was Joe Powell - he looks pretty classy and could be a good signing for Rotherham but then again....who knows what we have up our sleeve....
    Arms ? 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see @golfaddick is still in negative mood! It must be exhausting to be so pissing negative all the time! NJ said he wanted business done early, and people in before pre-season starts, unless I've misssed it, did pre-season start the beginning of June, or is it still beginning of July!!
    I'm sure there's talks going on behind the scenes, why do we think we should be entitled to know until the ink has dried!!
    FFS chill out!

Agree Red...🍺🍺
    Think some may be even thinking it stated in May!...🙄
  • Options
    Since NJ arrived the player acquisition and terminations possibilities has dried up and the club seem to be playing it close to their chest, nothing wrong in this except us fans do like a rumour or two which we are not receiving. I guess there is a lot going on at the club, but not for our eyes - yet
  • Options
    TBF we get told this every season and every season we fall for it , not expecting much in June TBh but it won’t stop me coming on here 5 times a day to check , it’s the hope that kills ya .
  • Options
    I would rather wait until the end of June for some better players than rush in now and be disappointed with who we get
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Kemar Roofe just been let go by Rangers, would people take him? I think at League One level he’d be an asset but probably wouldn’t be surprised if a lower half Championship side was to be interested. Not done much for a couple of years in Scotland but his record beforehand was very good.
    Surely return to Oxford would be the favourite here 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Players lying on exotic beaches considering their options. If they are in demand they will let their agents negotiate the best deals. Then it's do they like a certain club or chase the money. 
  • Options
    I see @golfaddick is still in negative mood! It must be exhausting to be so pissing negative all the time! NJ said he wanted business done early, and people in before pre-season starts, unless I've misssed it, did pre-season start the beginning of June, or is it still beginning of July!!
    I'm sure there's talks going on behind the scenes, why do we think we should be entitled to know until the ink has dried!!
    FFS chill out!

Devils advocate… history on his side?

Looking at the last few seasons transfer windows followed by our performances,  results and league positions Golfaddick has been pretty much on the money. 
    He gets stick on here for being negative but fuck me how can anyone be positive over the last few seasons. 
    I agree. But it’s the 1st June!! I think it’s a bit early just yet to be panicking
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sage said:
    Kemar Roofe just been let go by Rangers, would people take him? I think at League One level he’d be an asset but probably wouldn’t be surprised if a lower half Championship side was to be interested. Not done much for a couple of years in Scotland but his record beforehand was very good.
    Yup, and fits with the lower half Championship side too. Would still like us to go for him if we’re in that kind of market.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sage said:

That would make a lot of sense , ideal signing for them as a newly promoted side. 
  • Options
    Players lying on exotic beaches considering their options. If they are in demand they will let their agents negotiate the best deals. Then it's do they like a certain club or chase the money. 
    If that's the case why have Rotherham signed 7 players..?

Must be because Rotherham is such a nice place to live.
    Rotherham isn’t but you don’t need to go far before it is.
  • Options
    edited June 1
    Sage said:

Would seem a decent signing for a L1 club for sure.