Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited May 30
    thenewbie said:
    Even in our own history you look at the impact and importance that Wiggins had in Powells promotion season and its underestimated how much fullbacks can really make or break formations/teams
    John Humphrey, Mark Reid, Luke Young.
    Bob Curtis, Brian Kinsey, Phil Warman...
  • Options
    edited May 30
    Arsenal's 19-year-old attacker Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell with Charlton

Taken from an Arsenal Twitter account 
    We have 2 young striker's of a similar age who both scored over 40 goals last season so I doubt we will be after  Sagoe.

Charles Sagoe is a winger who can play on the right or left flank and totally different to our young Penalty area strikers.

Sagoe will be trying to get minutes ahead of Campbell from the bench if this move comes to fruition as has been mention at
    Online gooner and the Plymouth Herald.
  • Options
    I can’t see why Arsenal would send one of their better young talents to a team that doesn’t play with wingers? Unless he can play centrally or we are changing formation. I don’t see that move happening, they’ll just choose to send him to any league 1 team that plays with wingers 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Random, probably made up, rumour of the day.

Injuries have led him down to League Two.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    cfgs said:
    Random, probably made up, rumour of the day.

Injuries have led him down to League Two.
    If he had a spell at Swindon then he fits in perfectly.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wonder if we'll see an upgrade on Tennai Watson come in on the right hand side to compete with Ramsey? Watson seems like a very middle of the road midtable L1 RB and if Jones is upgrading on the left with Edwards joining Small , I wonder if the same will happen on the right. 
    Agree that he is fairly average but Tennai does offer cover at both RB/RWB and LB/LWB, he can also fill in as a CB in a back 3 if needed. He actually improved quite considerably under Jones and personally would have no problem with him being a utility man in the squad.

Yeah I could see a utility role actually making sense. Would also allow you to loan out Asiimwe in League 2. 
  • Options
    Arsenal's 19-year-old attacker Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell with Charlton

We have 2 young striker's of a similar age who both scored over 40 goals last season so I doubt we will be after  Sagoe.

Charles Sagoe is a winger who can play on the right or left flank and totally different to our young Penalty area strikers.

Sagoe will be trying to get minutes ahead of Campbell from the bench if this move comes to fruition as has been mention at
    Nobody likes sago tho do they?
    Not called frogspawn by kids by chance is it?

He is always starting races...

I'll get me coat
  • Options
    Is Elliot watt linked with anybody yet?
  • Options
    We won’t be going back for Uche Ikpeazu, he’s expected to sign for St Johnstone.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/former-charlton-transfer-target-looks-set-for-scottish-premiership-move/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 30
    Billy_Mix said:

Nobody likes sago tho do they?
    Not called frogspawn by kids by chance is it?

He is always starting races...

I'll get me coat

Actually, I quite like Sago Pudding....am I unique then...🙄
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Even in our own history you look at the impact and importance that Wiggins had in Powells promotion season and its underestimated how much fullbacks can really make or break formations/teams
    Not to mention Dietmar Bruck. 
  • Options
    Dietmar Bruck…..oh sorry
  • Options
    Dietmar Bruck…..oh sorry
    @DICKIE PLUMB said not to mention
  • Options
    Dietmar Bruck was the slowest full back I have seen play for Charlton
  • Options
    Dietmar Bruck was the slowest full back I have seen play for Charlton
    Bless him, I think the Brylcreem must have weighed him down. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Not to mention Dietmar Bruck. 
    Fancy putting him down in the presence of the legends above...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I don't see this happening but he looked absolute class against us both playing up front in the first game and then in central midfield in the second.

The source doesn't look reliable. And if it's us or Championship sides I'd expect the Championship sides to get him. But he's one I wanted in Jan. if we weren't abandoning playing with wingers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 30
    RC_CAFC said:
    NabySarr said:
    I can’t see why Arsenal would send one of their better young talents to a team that doesn’t play with wingers? Unless he can play centrally or we are changing formation. I don’t see that move happening, they’ll just choose to send him to any league 1 team that plays with wingers 
    I don’t think anyone (hopefully with the exception of Jones) at this point knows what kind of team we are. Last season Jones would have looked at the squad and thought, ‘What is the best way I can keep this squad up?’

I don’t think we’ll see too much similarity between that team and the one we see this season.
    Maybe, but this is a squad with one winger, TC, and the best attacker/best player, May, cannot play up front on his own. Not to mention we have clearly recruited for a 3-5-2 the last two windows.

If you're not playing with two of front, we're back to "where do you play May?" You could go 4-4-2 diamond, but no wingers. You could try a flat 4-4-2, but that requires recruiting both wingers and a different type of central midfield than Coventry, who was signed for a large fee last window.

So while maybe we don't know exactly how Jones wants to play, unless we're looking at something like 15 out 12 in, we at least know what some of the building blocks will look like.

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    I don't see this happening but he looked absolute class against us both playing up front in the first game and then in central midfield in the second.

The source doesn't look reliable. And if it's us or Championship sides I'd expect the Championship sides to get him. But he's one I wanted in Jan. if we weren't abandoning playing with wingers.
    He’s been linked with Sheffield Wednesday by credible sources in the last 24 hours.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ButtleJR said:

He’s been linked with Sheffield Wednesday by credible sources in the last 24 hours.
    Cawley has ruled him out too 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    NabySarr said:
    I don’t think anyone (hopefully with the exception of Jones) at this point knows what kind of team we are. Last season Jones would have looked at the squad and thought, ‘What is the best way I can keep this squad up?’

I don’t think we’ll see too much similarity between that team and the one we see this season.
    Maybe, but this is a squad with one winger, TC, and the best attacker/best player, May, cannot play up front on his own. Not to mention we have clearly recruited for a 3-5-2 the last two windows.

If you're not playing with two of front, we're back to "where do you play May?" You could go 4-4-2 diamond, but no wingers. You could try a flat 4-4-2, but that requires recruiting both wingers and a different type of central midfield than Coventry, who was signed for a large fee last window.

So while maybe we don't know exactly how Jones wants to play, unless we're looking at something like 15 out 12 in, we at least know what some of the building blocks will look like.

Wasn't he a freebie with a big sell on clause ?
    I thought it was a high six figure or maybe 1m fee. But I could be wrong. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Wasn't he a freebie with a big sell on clause ?
    The official announcement on the OS was "undisclosed fee" so not a freebie, albeit it could well have been a nominal fee with various additions and sell on clauses etc built in rather than a big fee up front.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1777653437678657633
  • Options
    SexyDave said:
    SDAddick said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1777653437678657633
    Thanks SD

Seen a bit of talk about a transfer fee for Conor Coventry when he signed for #cafc. There wasn't one. Just a sell-on agreed as part of the move. Exactly the same deal that Sheffield Wednesday had negotiated.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    LTKapal said:
    Is Elliot watt linked with anybody yet?
    Not that i've seen.  Far too good to be wasted in L2 again and in a position we need too.  

Free agent too so presumably waiting on a bidding war
    Think Stockport makes a lot of sense so wouldn’t be shocked to see him sign there