Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I wonder if we’re trying to sign Potts or whether we’re looking at other options for a LCB? Feels like the one position we could do with a proper alternative, along with a GK if the right player is available.
    Said earlier we are wide apart on wages at the moment 
    If true then we might look at other options
    "If true"   Come on, it's Ronnie/Colin/Bexley Boy
    Haha, in this case I think that came from someone on another forum and Jones did make it clear over a month ago he’d like to sign Potts
  • With Johansson, Dovin and Zetterstrom all first choice at Championship clubs it seems like a bit of a trend for EFL clubs to go looking at the Scandinavian talent pool for goalkeepers.

It seems there is plenty of untapped talent in Northern Europe - would this be a pond worth fishing in before the deadline?
  • Walton in goal for Ipswich tonight, think that ship might have sailed.
    Always thought he'd stay as soon as Hdlaky left them, even if it ended up being as backup.

Was a bit of 2+2=5 with the Jones link too, I don't think he was ever a realistic option.
    We won’t be getting a keeper  of that experience now Mannion has changed a few minds .. plus these sort of keepers will demand to be first choice and already Jones has pulled out of a deal because the team involved asked for that 
  • Scoham said:
    I wonder if we’re trying to sign Potts or whether we’re looking at other options for a LCB? Feels like the one position we could do with a proper alternative, along with a GK if the right player is available.
    We can’t be that wide apart - he isn’t earning anything at the moment - if we offer him £1 a week he will be better off!
  • stonemuse said:
    Outgoings yes but incomings probably not
    There will be 2/3 coming in 
    Two thirds of what?
    Hope it’s not 2/3 of Potts. He’s only about 5ft as it is. 
  • Walton’s just let in a dodgy goal, against the Wombles, don’t want him anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it just me who thinks of Gwyneth Paltrow every time Potts is mentioned. I know she's madder than a box of frogs and now sells vagina scented candles but at the time of the Iron Man films, my goodness Pepper Potts made an impression on me that apparently is indelible.

Oh, just me then, back to the transfer rumours....
  • just coming up on Sky Sports news, Ramsdales agreed a 25m transfer to Southampton, so I guess he’s out of the running.
  • just coming up on Sky Sports news, Ramsdales agreed a 25m transfer to Southampton, so I guess he’s out of the running.
    Frees up Joe Lumley…
    Frees up Joe Lumley…
    Not exactly covering himself in glory tonight. Has conceded 3 in the first hour against Cardiff.
    Frees up Joe Lumley…
    Not exactly covering himself in glory tonight. Has conceded 3 in the first hour against Cardiff.
    How many have the rest of the team conceded...🤔
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    If true then we might look at other options
    This is a quote from Ronnie Moore ?
    Frees up Joe Lumley…
    How many have the rest of the team conceded...🤔
    Of course the rest of the team have also conceded 3, but the second and third goals he should have done better with.
  • Glad it's not just me Kiwi, this thread seems to have been dogged with glitches for a while
  • Sponsored links:

• The Notts Forest keeper is 6 foot 8 apparently, should easily pass the Charlton height test.
  • interesting glitch. Where did everyone go?

And a double list of page numbers…!
  • CafcWest said:
    interesting glitch. Where did everyone go?

We are signing Glitch?😂
  • CafcSCP said:
    CafcWest said:

We are signing Glitch?😂
    Ukranian international?
    Frees up Joe Lumley…
    He’s really not very good, would rather stick with Mannion than get Lumley 
  • CafcWest said:

It's the shadow CharltonLife. Once you have accumulated enough promotes you gain access to it. Some of the stuff in there! The folk in there aren't just in the know, they're the ones making the know.
  • interesting glitch. Where did everyone go?

The missing page 410 included exclusive transfer news about the imminent arrival of Harry Kane, Gianluigi Donnarumma, Hayden Mullins, Darren Purse and Lyle Taylor.

• No idea if there’s any truth in it.
  • edited August 29
    It appears that the source is this Tunisian football reporter…

https://x.com/walidelmechri2/status/1828908068962283726?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

https://africafoot.com/direction-regensburg-pour-omar-rekik/

After a complicated season and a loan not concluded due to an administrative error, Omar Rekik could bounce back in Bundesliga 2.

According to our information to Africafoot, SSV Jahn Regensburg is interested in the Tunisian international defender who is still under contract with Arsenal until June 2025. The management of the German club seems to determine and they have started negotiations with the player and his club and they have offered a four-year contract.

Already 22 years old, Omar Rekik has not yet exploded at the highest level after average experiences with Wigan and Sparta Rotterdam. The Tunisian has not convinced Mikel Arteta for years, and he is looking for a project that would allow him to really flourish while demonstrating why he was considered a great talent of the Hertha Berlin and Arsenal training center.

Regensburg is not the only club interested in the Tunisian defender, Eintracht Braunschweig and Plymouth have also shown their interest. According to our information, Omar will make his decision in the coming days but he prefers an experience in Germany.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!