Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Ramsdale back on the market, might depend on Gomez moving to get it over the line though.  
  • LTKapal said:
    Thought he was brilliant when he played for Fulham. Not sure he fully fits the Jones style though
    It's also worth pointing out now. Having read it that it looks like it was written before we signed Campbell
  • Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Millwall fans cracking up and saying “good luck with him” - they had him under Edwards who wanted midfielders to get the ball down and pass it

Luton fans looking at it and saying “lump on Charlton to win the league” - they had his best form under Jones who wanted defensively disciplined midfielders

He’s a central midfielder - he is NOT a creative central midfielder but he is very good at being a spoiler. Jones absolutely loves him. I see him as Conor Coventry competition.
    I can’t take Millwall opinions seriously, Alex Mitchell didn’t make a single appearance for them yet would probably walk into their side easily 
    I can't believe you wrote that, has the difference in the two divisions and the quality of that football not dawned on you ? Alex Mitchell has done very well here in three games, yes three games, he didn't 'walk into their side' because three managers at Millwall, decided he wasn't good enough . 
    Hard for some of them to play him to be fair once he was on loan at Lincoln last season and could only be recalled in January (if at all).
    Scoham, you are missing the point. He was loaned out because his parent club had better cover in the position he plays. If, as you are suggesting, the managers had their hands tied by a loan deal then that would only apply to one those three managers, as the other two loaned him and sold him, which brings me back to my criticism of the post, Mitchell would not walk into that side because, at least two managers maybe three didn't think he was better than the players they had.  
    Yeah I don't disagree with that, but all I'm saying is we don't know how the first two managers would have viewed him this summer after his good spell at Lincoln. Probably not well enough to walk into their team, but he made good progress last season so even the manager who loaned him out may have changed his opinion.
    Wasn't he just into the last year of his contract & wouldn't sign the new one that millwall offered plus he wasn't going to be a first choice & so they reluctantly let him move on for a small fee + a decent sell on clause rather than lose him for nothing next year. 
    That's about right Bob, but my point was in response to DDOUBLEE declaring that Alex Mitchell would walk back into Millwall's back four. Alex Mitchell played one first team game for Millwall coming on as substitute in a Carabo cup game, Millwall friends of mine tell me that he was always touted as a player with potential but they have never seen him play so couldn't give an indication of where he's at. There was inference in responses, rightly or wrongly, that we'd 'turned Millwall over', that's far from the truth, the signing of Alex Mitchell is good for the player and both clubs, this is chance of almost guaranteed first team football for Alex Mitchell but, as I also pointed out, we are only three games into the season and it's far too early to declare we've signed the next Bobby Moore. 
    Alex Mitchell would walk back into Millwall’s back four 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Millwall fans cracking up and saying “good luck with him” - they had him under Edwards who wanted midfielders to get the ball down and pass it

Luton fans looking at it and saying “lump on Charlton to win the league” - they had his best form under Jones who wanted defensively disciplined midfielders

He’s a central midfielder - he is NOT a creative central midfielder but he is very good at being a spoiler. Jones absolutely loves him. I see him as Conor Coventry competition.
    I can’t take Millwall opinions seriously, Alex Mitchell didn’t make a single appearance for them yet would probably walk into their side easily 
    I can't believe you wrote that, has the difference in the two divisions and the quality of that football not dawned on you ? Alex Mitchell has done very well here in three games, yes three games, he didn't 'walk into their side' because three managers at Millwall, decided he wasn't good enough . 
    Hard for some of them to play him to be fair once he was on loan at Lincoln last season and could only be recalled in January (if at all).
    Scoham, you are missing the point. He was loaned out because his parent club had better cover in the position he plays. If, as you are suggesting, the managers had their hands tied by a loan deal then that would only apply to one those three managers, as the other two loaned him and sold him, which brings me back to my criticism of the post, Mitchell would not walk into that side because, at least two managers maybe three didn't think he was better than the players they had.  
    Yeah I don't disagree with that, but all I'm saying is we don't know how the first two managers would have viewed him this summer after his good spell at Lincoln. Probably not well enough to walk into their team, but he made good progress last season so even the manager who loaned him out may have changed his opinion.
    Wasn't he just into the last year of his contract & wouldn't sign the new one that millwall offered plus he wasn't going to be a first choice & so they reluctantly let him move on for a small fee + a decent sell on clause rather than lose him for nothing next year. 
    That's about right Bob, but my point was in response to DDOUBLEE declaring that Alex Mitchell would walk back into Millwall's back four. Alex Mitchell played one first team game for Millwall coming on as substitute in a Carabo cup game, Millwall friends of mine tell me that he was always touted as a player with potential but they have never seen him play so couldn't give an indication of where he's at. There was inference in responses, rightly or wrongly, that we'd 'turned Millwall over', that's far from the truth, the signing of Alex Mitchell is good for the player and both clubs, this is chance of almost guaranteed first team football for Alex Mitchell but, as I also pointed out, we are only three games into the season and it's far too early to declare we've signed the next Bobby Moore. 
    I’m not sure he’s championship level yet. He’s looked very solid defensively but is quite limited on the ball. He’d probably be a squad player at that level which is why he wanted out, he’s still young so I think he will be a championship level player but not there yet 
  • back to transfer rumours then - who were these 2 trialists today ? Anyone ? 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    DDOUBLEE said:

Doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's still not true
  • sam3110 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    DDOUBLEE said:

Doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's still not true
    OH YES IT DOES
  • Sponsored links:

• TeeC said:
    Reliably informed Nathan Jones is at Millwall v Orient tonight 
    Tom Bradshaw is my guess
  • Brownie12 said:
    TeeC said:
    maybe he is going to race on to the pitch and  do a two footed lunge on Sean Clare. 
    Hopefully one of those nice Millwall players will oblige for us...🙄
  • TeeC said:
    Tom Bradshaw is my guess
    Probably just taking in a local game of football but if not… Zech Obiero is my guess :-)
  • TeeC said:
    Poor bloke 
    I know the Welsh are hardy people and as they are all miners he's probably been down plenty of shitholes... 
  • fenaddick said:
    BobK said:
    Did I see it wrong on Skysports news earlier but am sure it said Freddie Potts signed for Portsmouth?
    Wrong Potts
    It's just Pott luck

• TeeC said:
    Tom Bradshaw is my guess
    Got an injury I believe.
  • TeeC said:
    Tom Bradshaw is my guess
    Got an injury I believe.
    Played tonight but went off injured

Told NJ was looking at the Orient player who assisted for their goal
    Thought he was decent in the game against us
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope the knock Asiimwe got today for the U21’s doesn’t stop him from getting a loan. 
  • TeeC said:
    Tom Bradshaw is my guess
    Got an injury I believe.
    Hamstring injury described by Cawley as a "serious one". Sounds like he won't be going anywhere now.
  • Have we not made another signing, since Campbell?

Bloody disgraceful, we need to start protesting again.
  • Joe Taylor was an unused substitute for Luton against QPR. They started with Adebayo, Morris and Chong as their front three with Cauley Woodrow coming off the bench.
  • Surely should be asking to take Daniel Iversen on loan? Leicester have 4 goalkeepers. 
  • edited August 27
    Joe Taylor was an unused substitute for Luton against QPR. They started with Adebayo, Morris and Chong as their front three with Cauley Woodrow coming off the bench.
    He’s off to Wigan I believe 

edit: got my Taylor striker mixed up. Dale Taylor is off to Wigan 
  • Been said elsewhere there was interest in a loan striker but his club wanted guaranteed minutes that NJ wouldn't give.
  • edited August 27
    Scoham said:
    Been said elsewhere there was interest in a loan striker but his club wanted guaranteed minutes that NJ wouldn't give.
    Yeah I think NJ has been very clear he has no interest in developing players for the benefit of other clubs.

J Taylor is only one I could see happening if Luton were willing sell and the owners were willing to put a bit of extra money in to make it happen. A loan would be a non starter for us.
  • Wasn't Dale Taylor mentioned earlier in the window as a possible permanent??? 

As much as I'd love Joe Taylor I think NJs stance on loans despite his relationship with Luton probably makes it a non starter. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!