Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited August 28
    Thanks Henry. I think Tommy Reid as a No 3 could cement Mannion's place as 1st choice and save us big money and prevent us looking for another stopper.

Henry Timmi Davies, you cant dismiss a leftie who can play winger or FB in Arsenal youth.
  • NabySarr said:
    Barnsley are trying to get Davis Keillor-Dunn from Mansfield. If it happens then I think Fraser will be a target for them, he’s worked well with Clough before. 

In a dream scenario, we should bid for Keillor-Dunn and steal him from Barnsley, and chuck Fraser in as part of the deal 
    Would like us to sign him, so seems a great plan.
  • fenaddick said:
    No way Reed comes in as anything other than an academy keeper which is fine as we only have MacLorg in the U21s
    Agree
  • Henry Timmi Davies
    Tommy Reid
    Josh Adepoju
    Have the names been allowed to be realised as we've decided they were all 'No's?
  • Window shuts Friday night, not much time left to get deals over the line.
    as long as the transfer sheet is in by 11pm blah, blah, blah …..
    Plenty of times .. lot of players won’t become available until Friday afternoon 
  • Outgoings yes but incomings probably not
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 or 3 outs and maybe a surprise in? It would be weird to be sitting here on Friday with everything done! 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Honestly not sure we really need any more this window
    Cover and competition for Gillesphey

and if mannion was to get injured AMB in goal scares me ! So deffo a goalkeeper to push mannion
    I don’t want to see it but I would have thought AMB would do better behind a better defensive structure than we’ve had probably since Powell .  Mannion has looked composed , but let’s be honest , he’s had nothing to do . 
    Rest assured he will
  • edited August 28
    fenaddick said:
    No way Reed comes in as anything other than an academy keeper which is fine as we only have MacLorg in the U21s
    I think Reid would be a step up on Mclorg. And Reid seems better than our current U21 keeper.

Mannion has not put a foot wrong.
  • Honestly not sure we really need any more this window
    Cover and competition for Gillesphey

and if mannion was to get injured AMB in goal scares me ! So deffo a goalkeeper to push mannion
    I think Potts will sign at some point but as he’s a free agent doesn’t need to happen by Friday.
    Agree with this. 

And with the goalkeeper situation, we’re at the point where we’ve exhausted all of our dozen odd proper targets already.

It would be silly to panic and get someone in as long term second choice that we didnt even consider before, that’s just wages we’ll have to shift off the books 12 months from now. 

If NJ still wants a third senior keeper, I can see a short term deal for a free agent like we offered Lewis Ward and  Sam Walker last season. Like Potts, that kind of deal doesn’t need to be done before Friday.
  • Think we'll offer Potts something if we can't find better before Friday, you never know who might become available so it's worth waiting
  • Sponsored links:

Plenty of times .. lot of players won’t become available until Friday afternoon 
    Busy playing golf?
    There will be 2/3 coming in 
  • Scoham said:
    I wonder if we’re trying to sign Potts or whether we’re looking at other options for a LCB? Feels like the one position we could do with a proper alternative, along with a GK if the right player is available.
    Said earlier we are wide apart on wages at the moment 
  • Scoham said:
    I wonder if we’re trying to sign Potts or whether we’re looking at other options for a LCB? Feels like the one position we could do with a proper alternative, along with a GK if the right player is available.
    If true then we might look at other options
    There will be 2/3 coming in 
    Wanna bet?
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    If true then we might look at other options
    "If true"   Come on, it's Ronnie/Colin/Bexley Boy
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!