Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Not sure why we haven’t been linked to Lucas Bergström of Chelsea for a GK loan. He’s never going to play for them and he’s highly rated. Previously been at Peterborough on loan and just about passes the CL height test of 2m tall. Linked with Blackpool but would’ve expected us to have some interest. 
  • Sage said:
    Joe Taylor was an unused substitute for Luton against QPR. They started with Adebayo, Morris and Chong as their front three with Cauley Woodrow coming off the bench.
    Can definitely see him leaving late in this window. If the opportunity is there, we should take it and ensure Kanu gets a good loan where he plays and develops. 
    Going to Huddersfield 
  • edited August 28
    I think we just need a couple of players better than what we have. 

GK and a forward come to mind, but forward is only needed if Leaburn is still out of action/ has a setback before the deadline closes. 
  • I think we're in a good position with that too, I imagine Potts can and will sign at any time, and I can see Hylton joining on a short term contract til January if we suddenly have an injury crisis up top (though with Aneke, Godden, Ahadme, Leaburn, Kanu, Campbell and Dixon, and then even Mbick and Casey, it would need to be a huge injury list!)
  • I'd certainly like to see more of Mbick this season. 
  • Scoham said:
    Rylah played up front for the u21s yesterday, and in the formation we’re using that’s probably where he’d get a chance if he breaks through.

Casey and Mbick get a lot of the attention due to their goals, but I wouldn’t rule out Rylah. Looks like he’s got something about him physically in that he could potentially compete at first team level.
    The amount of pace and strength Rylah has will always make him useful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Rylah played up front for the u21s yesterday, and in the formation we’re using that’s probably where he’d get a chance if he breaks through.

Casey and Mbick get a lot of the attention due to their goals, but I wouldn’t rule out Rylah. Looks like he’s got something about him physically in that he could potentially compete at first team level.
    The amount of pace and strength Rylah has will always make him useful. 
    And doubly so in a Jones system. Strong and quick are things he values highly.
  • I can’t see Dixon being anywhere near the first team this side of Xmas. 
    He has to get used to the physicality of British pro football first - imo. 
  • edited August 28
    I can’t see Dixon being anywhere near the first team this side of Xmas. 
    He has to get used to the physicality of British pro football first - imo. 

This, you old git with respect, is also the comment and opinion from Nathan Jones so the speed merchant Dixon, will be introduced slowly to the squad after working with the conditioning sport science coaches.💪🏻🏃🏿
  • Massive pinch of salt Facebook rumour, for those hungry for one.

• Scoham said:
    Massive pinch of salt Facebook rumour, for those hungry for one.

The boxer ? 
  • Rylah is very fast.
    He probably needs to add to his game, if played wide he could do with improving his crossing.
    Nevertheless a prospect.
  • Scoham said:

Who dat?
  • Scoham said:

Who dat?
    American boxer
  • edited August 28
    Scoham said:

Who dat?
    Attacking midfielder/winger released by Oxford. Been linked with us in the past and has had a few bad injuries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Browne_(footballer)
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Who dat?
    Attacking midfielder/winger released by Oxford. Been linked with us in the past and has had a few bad injuries.

From the description he could have been one of the under21 trialists yesterday.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Who dat?

Sounds perfect for us last season and the many before, don't see him fitting the Jones mould. 
  • Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Who dat?

was playing for the pfa yesterday at Cambridge 
  • Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Who dat?

From what I’ve heard they were all youngsters rather than senior pros.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Who dat?

Sounds perfect for us last season and the many before, don't see him fitting the Jones mould. 
    He's had a lot of injures too, would steer clear given our record there.
  • seth plum said:
    Rylah is very fast.
    He probably needs to add to his game, if played wide he could do with improving his crossing.
    Nevertheless a prospect.
    That's good to hear, only seen him play the first half in a game last season when he looked lost or maybe overawed or just another poor team effort all round.

It's good to see them when they come through.
  • Scoham said:

Not a Jones type of player, and always injured.. I would say no.
  • We’re in a decent position across the squad to be right in the mix when the Jan window opens.
    Allowing time for the team to evolve, especially with the offensive side, we would be in a better place to know the specific needs, then choose the one or two special players to really push on for the second half of the season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!