Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Millwall fans cracking up and saying “good luck with him” - they had him under Edwards who wanted midfielders to get the ball down and pass it

Luton fans looking at it and saying “lump on Charlton to win the league” - they had his best form under Jones who wanted defensively disciplined midfielders

He’s a central midfielder - he is NOT a creative central midfielder but he is very good at being a spoiler. Jones absolutely loves him. I see him as Conor Coventry competition.
    I can’t take Millwall opinions seriously, Alex Mitchell didn’t make a single appearance for them yet would probably walk into their side easily 
    I can't believe you wrote that, has the difference in the two divisions and the quality of that football not dawned on you ? Alex Mitchell has done very well here in three games, yes three games, he didn't 'walk into their side' because three managers at Millwall, decided he wasn't good enough . 
    Hard for some of them to play him to be fair once he was on loan at Lincoln last season and could only be recalled in January (if at all).
    Scoham, you are missing the point. He was loaned out because his parent club had better cover in the position he plays. If, as you are suggesting, the managers had their hands tied by a loan deal then that would only apply to one those three managers, as the other two loaned him and sold him, which brings me back to my criticism of the post, Mitchell would not walk into that side because, at least two managers maybe three didn't think he was better than the players they had.  
    Yeah I don't disagree with that, but all I'm saying is we don't know how the first two managers would have viewed him this summer after his good spell at Lincoln. Probably not well enough to walk into their team, but he made good progress last season so even the manager who loaned him out may have changed his opinion.
    Wasn't he just into the last year of his contract & wouldn't sign the new one that millwall offered plus he wasn't going to be a first choice & so they reluctantly let him move on for a small fee + a decent sell on clause rather than lose him for nothing next year. 
    That's about right Bob, but my point was in response to DDOUBLEE declaring that Alex Mitchell would walk back into Millwall's back four. Alex Mitchell played one first team game for Millwall coming on as substitute in a Carabo cup game, Millwall friends of mine tell me that he was always touted as a player with potential but they have never seen him play so couldn't give an indication of where he's at. There was inference in responses, rightly or wrongly, that we'd 'turned Millwall over', that's far from the truth, the signing of Alex Mitchell is good for the player and both clubs, this is chance of almost guaranteed first team football for Alex Mitchell but, as I also pointed out, we are only three games into the season and it's far too early to declare we've signed the next Bobby Moore. 
  • Potts signing on a year deal would complete the jigsaw and give cover as we dont know exactly how long Edwardes will be out. 
    Ive a feeling Kanu may get a start soon alongside Adahme as TC not really cutting it in that role - Can see them both running oppostion centre backs ragged and then bring on Chuks and Godden on the hour to capatilise when they are tired. 
    What a starting X1 and also a very very strong bench. - what a turnaround from the past few seasons. 
    Godden will be a starter with Ahadme not Kanu 
    Maybe Godden will be a starter with Campbell .  
  • Amazing how we all see things differently. I don’t think Ahadme & TC will ever be a good enough line leading pairing but can see I’m clearly an outliner. 
    Nowhere near good enough, they will not fire us to promotion 
  • Chunes said:
    Amazing how we all see things differently. I don’t think Ahadme & TC will ever be a good enough line leading pairing but can see I’m clearly an outliner. 
    Think this will become more obvious when we concede a few and are under pressure to attack and score goals.
    Very good point, 50% of our goals have come from opposition mistakes and Ahadme and TC have yet to score 
  • Chunes said:
    Amazing how we all see things differently. I don’t think Ahadme & TC will ever be a good enough line leading pairing but can see I’m clearly an outliner. 
    Think this will become more obvious when we concede a few and are under pressure to attack and score goals.
    Very good point, 50% of our goals have come from opposition mistakes and Ahadme and TC have yet to score 
    Interesting this one, I think Ahadme and Campbell gave an improved performance against Bolton and we scored the first from a press that they were very much part of, even though it was ultimately a bad pass out that led to the goal. In terms of a goal threat, it's obvious that Aneke and Godden provide much more than Ahadme and Campbell, that said I still think that Ahadme and Campbell will start against Reading. 
  • Haven't been on this thread for a while. 

To save me scrolling through hundreds of unread posts, are we likely to see any more incomings or is that expected to be it now?

Thanks in advance
  • Haven't been on this thread for a while. 

To save me scrolling through hundreds of unread posts, are we likely to see any more incomings or is that expected to be it now?

Thanks in advance
    GK 50/50
    LCB - 70/30
  • Sponsored links:

• Any rumours that we are looking at anyone else or do we think it's nailed on to be Potts as our CB signing? 
  • Any rumours that we are looking at anyone else or do we think it's nailed on to be Potts as our CB signing? 
    Left footed centre backs aren’t the easiest to find so I’d be surprised if it isn’t him 
    Potts is asking for big wages and why more then we offered at present 
  • Just seen on SSN, Chelsea have signed another goalkeeper, any spare now 😂
  • edited August 27
    thenewbie said:
    Jones wouldn't have gone after Ahadme (or been given the backing) unless he was really keen. It may or may not have been 1million up front or based on various clauses or what have you but it was a sizeable investment and I suspect Jones is quite happy with what he's seen so far.
    He may not ever be a spectacular eye catching player but he does a job.
    I'd be surprised if Jones wasn't expecting a lot more from him in possession, even if he's working hard out of it. NJ isn't a guy with mid standards.
  • ross1 said:
    Just seen on SSN, Chelsea have signed another goalkeeper, any spare now 😂
    Maybe the chairman thinks he can play them all in the same game?
  • edited August 27
    ross1 said:
    They have but he's staying in Belgium for the season and doesn't join them until Summer of 2025.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did I see it wrong on Skysports news earlier but am sure it said Freddie Potts signed for Portsmouth?
  • ross1 said:
    They have but he's staying in Belgium for the season and doesn't join them until Summer of 2005.
    Living in the past, typical football fans :smiley:
  • BobK said:
    Did I see it wrong on Skysports news earlier but am sure it said Freddie Potts signed for Portsmouth?
    We’ve got Dan Potts on trial with us.
  • iaitch said:
    ross1 said:
    Maybe the chairman thinks he can play them all in the same game?
    They can only play 11 of them.
    The rest would have to be on the bench.
  • BobK said:
    Did I see it wrong on Skysports news earlier but am sure it said Freddie Potts signed for Portsmouth?
    Wrong Potts
  • thenewbie said:
    Jones wouldn't have gone after Ahadme (or been given the backing) unless he was really keen. It may or may not have been 1million up front or based on various clauses or what have you but it was a sizeable investment and I suspect Jones is quite happy with what he's seen so far.
    He may not ever be a spectacular eye catching player but he does a job.
    Seeing Jones’s reaction to a couple of Ahadme’s missteps, I would think he’s expecting a lot more from him. To put it bluntly, his current form is not good enough for a team challenging promotion. His positioning wasn’t great to receive a pass and when he did get possession he was so hesitant. For me he didn’t win enough long balls in both home games. There were hints of a good first touch, hopefully it’s nerves and he will improve quickly, he needs to.
  • Think we are done on midfield personally, inclusive of outgoings. Berry, Doc, Campbell, Anderson & Coventry will play most games and REG & Z Mitchell can play in the 6 role if needed. Think NJ will see that as enough
  • LTKapal said:
    Thought he was brilliant when he played for Fulham. Not sure he fully fits the Jones style though
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!