Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Bailey said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Millwall fans cracking up and saying “good luck with him” - they had him under Edwards who wanted midfielders to get the ball down and pass it

Luton fans looking at it and saying “lump on Charlton to win the league” - they had his best form under Jones who wanted defensively disciplined midfielders

He’s a central midfielder - he is NOT a creative central midfielder but he is very good at being a spoiler. Jones absolutely loves him. I see him as Conor Coventry competition.
    I can’t take Millwall opinions seriously, Alex Mitchell didn’t make a single appearance for them yet would probably walk into their side easily 
    I can't believe you wrote that, has the difference in the two divisions and the quality of that football not dawned on you ? Alex Mitchell has done very well here in three games, yes three games, he didn't 'walk into their side' because three managers at Millwall, decided he wasn't good enough . 
    Hard for some of them to play him to be fair once he was on loan at Lincoln last season and could only be recalled in January (if at all).
  • Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Millwall fans cracking up and saying “good luck with him” - they had him under Edwards who wanted midfielders to get the ball down and pass it

Luton fans looking at it and saying “lump on Charlton to win the league” - they had his best form under Jones who wanted defensively disciplined midfielders

He’s a central midfielder - he is NOT a creative central midfielder but he is very good at being a spoiler. Jones absolutely loves him. I see him as Conor Coventry competition.
    I can’t take Millwall opinions seriously, Alex Mitchell didn’t make a single appearance for them yet would probably walk into their side easily 
    I can't believe you wrote that, has the difference in the two divisions and the quality of that football not dawned on you ? Alex Mitchell has done very well here in three games, yes three games, he didn't 'walk into their side' because three managers at Millwall, decided he wasn't good enough . 
    Hard for some of them to play him to be fair once he was on loan at Lincoln last season and could only be recalled in January (if at all).
    Scoham, you are missing the point. He was loaned out because his parent club had better cover in the position he plays. If, as you are suggesting, the managers had their hands tied by a loan deal then that would only apply to one those three managers, as the other two loaned him and sold him, which brings me back to my criticism of the post, Mitchell would not walk into that side because, at least two managers maybe three didn't think he was better than the players they had.  
    Yeah I don't disagree with that, but all I'm saying is we don't know how the first two managers would have viewed him this summer after his good spell at Lincoln. Probably not well enough to walk into their team, but he made good progress last season so even the manager who loaned him out may have changed his opinion.
  • To be honest I don’t care what Millwall did with him. He’s our player now and looking like a real bargain.
    He hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet!
  • Still think we might see another CM in the building as well as Campbell. Not overly comfortable with having Edun as depth if Berry gets suspended and we have to play through the international break with Anderson away. 

This is assuming a deal is done with someone for Taylor and Fraser of course. 
  • I think we also need another striker as with the uncertainty over Aneke and Leaburn with injuries and personally I don’t think Ahadme has got it in him , that leaves Godden , Kanu and Campbell who had a very good game Saturday but he’s not a striker .
  • Sponsored links:

• Striker is an interesting one. Personally if the "right" loan offer for Kanu came in and it was a club we could trust to develop him and not end up with a Zach Mitchell and the Cowley's situation then I'd be open to it. Think my only niggling concern with adding another striker if it was a loan would be parent clubs looking at us having the options we do regardless of their injury records and questioning if they'd play. 
  • I think we also need another striker as with the uncertainty over Aneke and Leaburn with injuries and personally I don’t think Ahadme has got it in him , that leaves Godden , Kanu and Campbell who had a very good game Saturday but he’s not a striker .
    Ahadme and Campbell are probably seen as Ruffdiamonds that Jones can develop.
    Jones wants a smaller, rather than larger squad.

He also clearly rates Ahadme even if others don't.

There is also Dixon.

Sure, if there is a better quality player available Jones would like them but he's not a fan of loans (despite just getting A Campbell on loan).

7 strikers plus M'Bick isn't shabby IMHO.   
  • Bailey said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    DDOUBLEE said:

Scoham, you are missing the point. He was loaned out because his parent club had better cover in the position he plays. If, as you are suggesting, the managers had their hands tied by a loan deal then that would only apply to one those three managers, as the other two loaned him and sold him, which brings me back to my criticism of the post, Mitchell would not walk into that side because, at least two managers maybe three didn't think he was better than the players they had.  
    Didn't Millwall literally sack a member of staff because them not keeping proper tabs on him caused him to refuse to sign a new contract when they thought he was going to be an important part of their club going forward? Not sure their recent judgment is anything to go by
    What Ahadme been excellent and it was down to his pressing we got the mistake due the first goal , no uncertainty over Leaburn back training and we should see him back middle September 

• A lot of uncertainty surrounding Ahadme but to be fair he's  not had a supply or a sniff of a chance yet so hard to judge 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ahadme has been underwhelming so far, but is a major signing for us. He's not going to be dumped after 3 games.
     TBF don’t think he’s been given much service.
    Definitely difficult to have a look at his finishing ability but there's still everything else.
  • edited August 26
    Has Campbell a decent dead ball delivery? Because we are losing at least ten goals a season because of poor FKs/corners.

Yet TT is skilful but has yet to appear. 
  • Has Campbell a decent dead ball delivery? Because we are losing at least ten goals a season because of poor FKs/corners.

Yet TT is skilful but has yet to appear. 
    And judging by the game time Jones has given him he’s not going to.
  • Transfer incoming!
  • Transfer incoming!
    ?
  • Transfer incoming!
    ?
    Allan Campbell
  • with Campbell in I think we see 3 more this week, likely Potts in as cover at CB, a keeper and then 1 more midfielder if we can shift Fraser and Taylor 

even with 0 new additions Jones has delivered on making us categorically stronger than where we started when the window opened

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!