Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited August 25
    Luton opinion on why Campbell isn’t getting a game there

https://youtu.be/QdCSRlKJ7Cc?si=Ml7L_V4sKXvNXSjk
  • I may have missed it, but do we know if Potts is still on the scene? I've not seen him sign for anyone else, and in my opinion, we could do a lot worse than getting him in. He has experience and is also a damn good player.
    So, for me, if we can sign Potts and A.Campbell, get Dixon up to speed, with an experienced GK as comp for Mannion, I would suggest that, that is a good window overall. 
  • It’d be proper greedy because we don’t need a striker (Ahadme, TC, Godden, Aneke, Leaburn, Kanu, plus Dixon too) but the more Luton stuff I’m looking at for Campbell…

the more I’m seeing that Joe Taylor might be available before the end of the window. 

Heavily linked with Huddersfield - I suppose they’re still looking for their Alfie.

Kanu out on loan and Taylor into the squad? He runs his nuts off, is as fast & as strong as TC… with goals

Joe Taylor would just make our attacking options ridiculous. Has been coming on for Luton but I don't know if that's just because of the amount of injuries they've had. 
  • It’d be proper greedy because we don’t need a striker (Ahadme, TC, Godden, Aneke, Leaburn, Kanu, plus Dixon too) but the more Luton stuff I’m looking at for Campbell…

the more I’m seeing that Joe Taylor might be available before the end of the window. 

Heavily linked with Huddersfield - I suppose they’re still looking for their Alfie.

Kanu out on loan and Taylor into the squad? He runs his nuts off, is as fast & as strong as TC… with goals
    If there is any chance we could get Taylor then we would be fools not to as not only is he an outstanding striker at this level but also it’ll stop others from getting him. Suspect the owners may not sign off on that being a legitimate reason for the transfer. Reckon he’ll either end up with Huddersfield or go back to Lincoln and Skubala. 

Although Luton haven’t started well so he could end up in their first team.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d think it would be quite a conversation to persuade the owners to get in an expensive striker given the options we have. Taylor would be fantastic but I’d think it extremely extremely unlikely. 
  • edited August 25
    I’d think it would be quite a conversation to persuade the owners to get in an expensive striker given the options we have. Taylor would be fantastic but I’d think it extremely extremely unlikely. 
    I get what you’re saying but I’d hope we are always going for better players whenever we can. Now is the time to really build the squad quality after such a positive start and I have a real feeling we’ll try to do that, in a good few positions on the pitch. 
  • Worth people remembering the division between the strikers' roles. Ahadme, Aneke and Leaburn will be expected to win physical battles and high balls and hold it up. TC, Godden, Kanu and Dixon will be expected to provide tenacity, pace and box nous to get some goals and stretch play. So really the conversation you'd be having with the owners regarding Joe Taylor would be asking to have yet another player to put in the pile where we already have four players. It's not going to happen
  • Swisdom said:
    Damn. Missed it.
    He said Ajose is training at Sparrows Lane. 
    I hate it when people make up shit for lol’s. He clearly said tresor kandol!
  • nice 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 26

• edited August 26
    leaves us with 5 for the midfield 3 spots (assuming Tayo,Fraser and Taylor all leave) 

Another one who will know the system and what's demanded of him with good experience of a higher level too, hopefully we've got an agreement in the loan to purchase him if he plays well this year

• Can't say I know too much about him. Is he competition for Coventry is he more like Berry/Doc?
  • Sounds like a Pratley type, which in this league is a something you need. Would still like a 10. Hoping the club are targeting that position this week. 
  • leaves us with 5 for the midfield 3 spots (assuming Tayo,Fraser and Taylor all leave 

Another one who will know the system and what's demanded of him with good experience of a higher level too, hopefully we've got an agreement in the loan to purchase him if he plays well this year

Can't see Tayo leaving, especially with Edwards being out at the moment. 
  • edited August 26
    A-Are... Are we going to get to Friday and it be a bit of a meh day for incomings, because our business will be done?

Wont even need to sign someone like Potts before Friday, what with him being a Freebie
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!