Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I do hope our issue as we head towards the window closing are getting in some quality whilst, moving on those who haven’t got a place under Jones and not having to worry about losing some of our first team, who will have definitely caught the eye of teams higher up the pyramid, particularly Ramsay, Small and maybe even Leaburn. 
  • Hopefully he goes somewhere in the Championship and ousts a decent No.1 'keeper at that level, who be happier down in League One than sitting on the bench ;)
    Once again always the bridesmaid never the bride...figuratively speaking of course...🤔
    Sometimes the bridesmaid is better with their hands than the bride. Again, figuratively speaking... of course. 

• I see Walton didn't start for Ipswich today. 
  • I see Walton didn't start for Ipswich today. 
    Muric had a bit of a mare though.
  • The original Alan Campbell was a skinny striker, not 6ft, but could hang in the air for ages and out jump big lumps.
    Erm……no he wasn’t. You’re thinking Matt Tees.
    Yes, I was a bit confused there. He was 5’8” and I don’t recall him out-jumping any big lumps in midfield.
  • The original Alan Campbell was a skinny striker, not 6ft, but could hang in the air for ages and out jump big lumps.
    Yes, I was a bit confused there. He was 5’8” and I don’t recall him out-jumping any big lumps in midfield.
    ??
  • We definitely still need a keeper.  Mannion is doing well but we are one muscle strain away from that calm defence having AMB stood anxiously behind it. In the last two seasons we’ve had long term injuries to one of our keepers, definitely need a decent alternative who we’re happy enough to see play every game for a few months if needed 
    But you can always get a keeper after the window shuts there be enough without a club plus you can always get an emergency keeper if needed .. 
  • We definitely still need a keeper.  Mannion is doing well but we are one muscle strain away from that calm defence having AMB stood anxiously behind it. In the last two seasons we’ve had long term injuries to one of our keepers, definitely need a decent alternative who we’re happy enough to see play every game for a few months if needed 
    But you can always get a keeper after the window shuts there be enough without a club plus you can always get an emergency keeper if needed .. 
    Yeah but then you end up with the risk of ending up with someone like Sam Walker who was shocking
  • Sponsored links:

Not if AMB is fit though. Are we happy with him back in goal, that's the issue.
  • I think Mannion had done enough for us to stand down desperately getting a keeper in. It is a position you can fill outside of the window and I'm sure there will be a Premier League reserve available if we need it which we probably won't. What we probably don't want is to bring in a keeper like Bergovic who will be expected to start but who was not fantastic for QPR last season according to many of their fans.
  • NabySarr said:
    Interested why people keep referring to Docherty as a goalscoring midfielder, doesn’t massively seem like it from his previous record?

He’s usually played deeper, but it’s clear from what Jones and Docherty have said, the positions he’s taking up and the shirt number he’s been given that we are expecting him to play that role. 

Has registered 7G 8A for Shrewsbury at this level before. 6G 4A for Hull at this level also. So his record at league 1 level has been decent enough, with him and Berry I think we have enough goals from that area 
    So basically a breast reduction 
  • Doesn’t surprise me with Campbell. He’s made a good start this season 
  • Campbell will fit in with this team. A loan gk will do who can push Mannion. Still think we need a cb as cover for jones. 
  • Is Potts still with us? I know not a rush to sign as free so can be done after Friday but would like him in as cover for MG
  • fenaddick said:
    cafc4life said:
    Doesn’t surprise me with Campbell. He’s made a good start this season 
    Think Dubai means Allan Campbell not TC
    Ohhhh phew 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• A.Campbell, Potts & maybe one other if budgets permit sounds like ample work for this window to me. It is not the perfect squad, but there is enough quality & desire in there, lest we forget unexpected progression of academy boys like we see most seasons too, although hopefully more on 'our' terms now as opposed to forcing a young lad who isn't ready in too early. 
    We don’t want someone just because they don’t have a club, we want one that’s right for us or not at all…
  • Much will depend on what happens with Gomez and Lookman. Not expecting much more this window but I’m hoping that if we get some money from the above then we can sort out any squad issues in January or push the boat out if we’re looking good. 
    ??
    I was confused by the reference to Alan Campbell, our mid-fielder from the late 1960s, being referred to as a skinny striker who could out-jump big lumps.
  • I think Mannion had done enough for us to stand down desperately getting a keeper in. It is a position you can fill outside of the window and I'm sure there will be a Premier League reserve available if we need it which we probably won't. What we probably don't want is to bring in a keeper like Bergovic who will be expected to start but who was not fantastic for QPR last season according to many of their fans.
    We'd need both Mannion and AMB to be out injured to get an emergency, which is unlikely 
  • Swisdom said:
    My cousin, who is a Dundee fan tells me they are supposedly keen on Scott Fraser?

I’ve apologised in advance 
    Would make sense then. Fraser out, A. Campbell in. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!