Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Hopefully he goes somewhere in the Championship and ousts a decent No.1 'keeper at that level, who be happier down in League One than sitting on the bench ;)
    Once again always the bridesmaid never the bride...figuratively speaking of course...🤔
  • Hopefully he goes somewhere in the Championship and ousts a decent No.1 'keeper at that level, who be happier down in League One than sitting on the bench ;)

Swansea was my immediate thought. 
  • mart77 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Poster on the other side saying Allan Campbell been at SL all day today.
    If we’re signing players that didn’t score for Millwall last season, I’d rather have nisbit 

reckon a loan would be good for both of us, drop a division to get his goals back, wouldn’t have to move but would have a little Scotland contingent (think he was at hibs with Docherty)
    Thought he was already gone back to Scotland?
    Didn’t think it had been done, I know Aberdeen and hibs were interested
    Turns out he’s having a medical at Aberdeen right now

Wasn’t an actual rumour anyway just me saying I’d rather him than Campbell
  • The original Alan Campbell was a skinny striker, not 6ft, but could hang in the air for ages and out jump big lumps.
    Do you have a height fetish?
  • redbuttle said:
    Actually he was a midfielder and the forward was Matt Tees
    Or Ray Treacy
  • Sponsored links:

• redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    Or Ray Treacy
    Treacle wasn’t skinny.
  • edited August 24
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    Or Ray Treacy
    Treacle wasn’t skinny.
    You are right.  Matt Tees was though.
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    Or Ray Treacy
    Treacle wasn’t skinny.
    Your are right.  Matt Tees was though.
    That’s why I wrote Matt Tees.
  • Anyone know where Allan Campbell was yesterday?
  • So bar the Allan Campbell rumour I wonder what else to expect from the last week of the window. I'm honestly finding it hard to think of what else we could need - maybe if Fraser and TT both go then it's A Campbell + one other midfielder? Maybe some CB depth? Mannion has done enough for me that I'm not overly concerned about GK too much. 

Compared to this time last year's last week of the window where we sacked Holden and then signed Tedic,Louie Watson and Abankwah on deadline day it's quite refreshing that this year is more about just rounding the squad out than being left short in key areas. 
  • Definitely need some more depth in midfield, first XI is looking good but don't think we have the depth we need in the middle yet. One more starting quality CB would be nice too but REG and Zach is probably enough until Jan.
  • edited August 24
    MarcusH26 said:
    So bar the Allan Campbell rumour I wonder what else to expect from the last week of the window. I'm honestly finding it hard to think of what else we could need - maybe if Fraser and TT both go then it's A Campbell + one other midfielder? Maybe some CB depth? Mannion has done enough for me that I'm not overly concerned about GK too much. 

Compared to this time last year's last week of the window where we sacked Holden and then signed Tedic,Louie Watson and Abankwah on deadline day it's quite refreshing that this year is more about just rounding the squad out than being left short in key areas. 
    Possibly A. Campbell and (now Ness is out) Potts in. Other than that probably not much unless we lose someone to injury. If AMB gets a move to try and be a No 1 elsewhere then maybe another GK.

But there's no position you'd think we're desperate for reinforcement. Just tweaks.
  • I wonder if our start will make some higher quality loan players available to us. NJ isn’t a fan of loan players necessarily but has said he’ll sign them if they’re an upgrade on what we’ve got. Not sure what position that could be for as everyone is playing out of their skin 
  • Sponsored links:

• I also hope we’re keeping some budget back for January as you never know who becomes available and which of our players might get injured or snapped up 
  • Both Johnstone and Ramsdale are being linked with Southampton.

Will this reignite the Joe Lumley rumour?
  • I'd move on Fraser and get Asiimwe out on loan, sign Potts or similar, another keeper as NJ wants 3 senior keepers in the building, and a midfielder. 

If there's any other players who leave we'll need to replace them (Edun, Taylor for instance)
  • Could be a busy week!
  • Jones says he expects it to be a busy week leading up to the closing of the window .. still expect 2 midfielders GK and CB 
  • edited August 24
    Hopefully he goes somewhere in the Championship and ousts a decent No.1 'keeper at that level, who be happier down in League One than sitting on the bench ;)
    Once again always the bridesmaid never the bride...figuratively speaking of course...🤔
    Sometimes the bridesmaid is better with their hands than the bride. Again, figuratively speaking... of course. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!