Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Chunes said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:
    Mentions Kanu potentially going out on loan depending on how Leaburn is getting on
    Well Hylton still at the club so give him 6 month contract and send Kanu out 
    Only have to compare their records last season to see Kanu would offer a lot more on the pitch than Hylton.
    But what’s the point of Kanu being 5th choice we might as well use Hylton as 5th choice and allow Kanu to get more playing time .. surely makes sense 
    We don’t need Hylton when Ahadme, Godden, Campbell, Aneke, Leaburn and Dixon would still be ahead of him if we loan out Kanu. He’d be 7 or 8th choice which is a waste of budget.
    But at the moment we don’t know if Leaburn will
    have any set backs so we need Hylton as cover it’s precaution 
    Other than in a coaching role I cannot see any reason why we need Hylton.
    I'd rather use any money we have on bringing in someone else. 

Wouldn't bother with Hylton , felt more like a mate helping NJ out for preseason than anything serious. We've got Casey and Mbick we can use in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy and no one is going to have 6/7 senior strikers on the books. Would rather the budget was used where we need it. 
    Casey and Mbick no where near ready first team yet .. we have no need to throw them in the deep end this season these two has could do with loans to Nat league or Nat League South … can never understand why we don’t set up
    agreement with Welling to send our younger players too ? for the next stage of their development 
    If you'd been following Welling over the past few years then you'd understand why.
    Exactly win win for both clubs 
  • https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/2024/08/22/charlton-athletic-announce-signing-kaheim-dixon/

“English FA League One club Charlton Athletic FC are expected to officially announce the signing of Jamaican winger Kaheim Dixon on Friday, Observer Online has been reliably told.”
    Interesting final paragraph.

He was sought after by several clubs in several countries, his agent Kevin Cowan said last month.

Cowan, of International Dymension, had said Dixon had offers from “Major League Soccer, there was some interest from clubs in Europe, places like Cyprus, Portugal, Belgium, just to name a few destinations.”
  • Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Kanu should be playing in front of TC
    Think Jones might know a bit more than you 👌🏻
    Why do we discuss anything then?

This whole forum is basically opinions on the team etc.
    Then my opinion is Jones knows more and I find he said it as a matter of fact when it’s not.
  • Personally think it would be a big risk to loan DK to a L2 club, puts a lot of pressure on the remaining forwards to stay fit especially considering Miles is likely out until Oct and wont be straight back into playing 90 mins, Godden has had a hamstring niggle, Ahadme had an injury in pre-season, Chuks is Chuks and TC isn't even a striker.
    Are people forgetting we can have a termination clause so he can come back if lads get injured? Seems a no brainer for me. 
  • Dixon signing being teased
  • Don’t think the end of august counts as end of loan season? If it doesn’t we can always wait for few weeks to see how Godden comes through his injury and how Miles gets on?
    I agree that if DK not going to get serious minutes surely he would learn tricks of the trade quicker by going out on loan?
  • Don’t think the end of august counts as end of loan season? If it doesn’t we can always wait for few weeks to see how Godden comes through his injury and how Miles gets on?
    I agree that if DK not going to get serious minutes surely he would learn tricks of the trade quicker by going out on loan?
    For NL you’re right but for L1/2 it’s the same deadline 
  • “TRANSFERRRR” on the CAFC Twitter feed.
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Don’t think the end of august counts as end of loan season? If it doesn’t we can always wait for few weeks to see how Godden comes through his injury and how Miles gets on?
    For NL you’re right but for L1/2 it’s the same deadline 
    Oh ok thanks didn’t realise that……. got some serious loan business to get done by next weekend then 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Personally think it would be a big risk to loan DK to a L2 club, puts a lot of pressure on the remaining forwards to stay fit especially considering Miles is likely out until Oct and wont be straight back into playing 90 mins, Godden has had a hamstring niggle, Ahadme had an injury in pre-season, Chuks is Chuks and TC isn't even a striker.
    Are people forgetting we can have a termination clause so he can come back if lads get injured? Seems a no brainer for me. 
    EFL loans can only be recalled in a transfer window, you can’t add a clause to recall outside of that other than in the NL and below.
  • “TRANSFERRRR” on the CAFC Twitter feed.
    I always thought he was saying ‘touchdown’ couldn’t work it out until you’ve just cleared it up for me lol
  • CAFC_boi said:
    “TRANSFERRRR” on the CAFC Twitter feed.
    I always thought he was saying ‘touchdown’ couldn’t work it out until you’ve just cleared it up for me lol
    You might need to get your ears tested!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Kanu should be playing in front of TC
    Think Jones might know a bit more than you 👌🏻
    Why do we discuss anything then?

This whole forum is basically opinions on the team etc.
    Then my opinion is Jones knows more and I find he said it as a matter of fact when it’s not.
    I mean sorry....

(In my opinion) Kanu should be playing in front of TC :-)
  • Send Kanu to Wimbledon - would do well working with Jonnie Jackson . 
  • Send Kanu to Wimbledon - would do well working with Jonnie Jackson . 
    Except they have 6 strikers already 
  • fenaddick said:
    Bromley feels like the place to send him to if you're going to loan him. A few familiar faces, a great coach, nice and local and gets to learn off goal machine Michael Cheek
    Perfect fit, some posters can even keep supporting Bromley as their second team that way
  • Bailey said:
    Foxycafc said:
    From Gallagher’s transfer, we will get £180,000 as a solidarity contribution. We will also receive compensation for the cost of his training and education for a season, but I can’t be bothered to calculate that yet.

Can I ask how the solidarity contribution is arrived at, £180,000 seems an amazing figure for a player who graced our first team for about four and a half months. 
    10% of 5% of his transfer fee
  • shine166 said:
    Gallagher wasn’t ours 
    We get a development fee 
    Do we get anything from Ian Maatsens move? 
    Only get a payment if they move abroad, so Birmingham doesn't count. Best case scenario is Gomez moving abroad as could be worth upwards of £700k more 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!