Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Mentions Kanu potentially going out on loan depending on how Leaburn is getting on
  • Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:
    Mentions Kanu potentially going out on loan depending on how Leaburn is getting on
    Well Hylton still at the club so give him 6 month contract and send Kanu out 
  • Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:
    I was going to ask if there had been anymore rumours of who might be leaving/going on loan in addition to Ness.  I think a full season loan for Kanu would be good considering the Southend one got cut short last season 

• Kanu going out on loan would make sense but I would be a bit concerned about relying on keeping Miles and Chuks fit. Obviously we have TC and potentially Dixon who could play up top if needed. 
  • edited August 23
    Today must be Dock Green day...

...Mmmm🤔
  • If Kanu goes on loan I think it says a lot about their confidence in Dixon as much as it’s also about Leaburn and Aneke’s fitness.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it were down to me I wouldn’t loan out Kanu. 
    However If he doesn’t get onto the pitch in the first team I would play him in the U21’s during his fallow spells of first team action, not as a punishment but to stay match fit.
    Next Tuesday there is an U21 game at the Valley, if he doesn’t get on against Bolton why not play him next Tuesday?
  • Kanu would seemingly be 6th choice when Miles is fit behind Ahamde, Miles, Chuks, Godden and TC, a loan where we can recall him (ideally this is to the top of the national league) would probably be best for all involved
  • Scoham said:
    Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:
    Only have to compare their records last season to see Kanu would offer a lot more on the pitch than Hylton.
    But what’s the point of Kanu being 5th choice we might as well use Hylton as 5th choice and allow Kanu to get more playing time .. surely makes sense 
  • Scoham said:
    Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:
    Only have to compare their records last season to see Kanu would offer a lot more on the pitch than Hylton.
    But what’s the point of Kanu being 5th choice we might as well use Hylton as 5th choice and allow Kanu to get more playing time .. surely makes sense 
    You are right Ronnie. Young players need game time and that game time should be in someone's first team. I would suggest that Zach Mitchell, Nathan Asiimwe and Daniel Kanu are all in that position.  
  • Kanu would seemingly be 6th choice when Miles is fit behind Ahamde, Miles, Chuks, Godden and TC, a loan where we can recall him (ideally this is to the top of the national league) would probably be best for all involved
    I think Kanu deserves more than a national league loan. He did well last season and doesn't look out of place in L1
    Agree.

That is the dilema for the club.

Give him a L2 or even L1 loan to help him develop but no recall till January v NL loan where he'll shine but not be as tested but we can recall him
    I think it will be very important to choose the "right" club if he does go on loan. He's beyond the level where he'd benefit just from being in and around a squad, if that's the plan keep him here. He needs to be doing what he did at his last loan where he is actively playing and scoring.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:
    We don’t need Hylton when Ahadme, Godden, Campbell, Aneke, Leaburn and Dixon would still be ahead of him if we loan out Kanu. He’d be 7 or 8th choice which is a waste of budget.
    But at the moment we don’t know if Leaburn will
    have any set backs so we need Hylton as cover it’s precaution 
  • Sponsored links:

• A risk to send Kanu out on an EFL loan when Miles won't be back for a couple of months, and Chuks is Chuks. 

And he's way too good for the NL now.
    Miles is training now.
  • So much riches up top. Gone are the days where you hope Josh Davison is fit so you have a natural striker to play.
    and yet we still can only score one goal.
  • Uboat said:
    Sounds like there will be a flurry of activity before the end of the window - which is pretty exciting.
    I’m ready. 

Thought this photo had been banned...🙄🤦‍♂️
    Put on hiatus until someone paid the sugar tax. 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:
    We don’t need Hylton when Ahadme, Godden, Campbell, Aneke, Leaburn and Dixon would still be ahead of him if we loan out Kanu. He’d be 7 or 8th choice which is a waste of budget.
    But at the moment we don’t know if Leaburn will
    have any set backs so we need Hylton as cover it’s precaution 
    Other than in a coaching role I cannot see any reason why we need Hylton.
    I'd rather use any money we have on bringing in someone else. 

Wouldn't bother with Hylton , felt more like a mate helping NJ out for preseason than anything serious. We've got Casey and Mbick we can use in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy and no one is going to have 6/7 senior strikers on the books. Would rather the budget was used where we need it. 
  • I think Kanu will start a lot of games , as he did last season .  There are question marks over all 6 strikers in terms of either ability, form or fitness.  He was anonymous against Birmingham but he did well last season and is totally reliable in terms of fitness . 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!