Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• shine166 said:
    Gallagher wasn’t ours 
    We get a development fee 
    Do we get anything from Ian Maatsens move? 
  • Think Oli Norwood was suggested on here recently - Pete O’Rourke said he’s signing for Stockport.
  • Watching Notts County v Grimsby and County's Dan Crowley looks a bit of a player.
    Was impressive at The Valley for Birmingham in the Championship but didn't push on. Probably too much of a luxury player for NJ.
  • If we bring in a midfielder who's a real goal threat then would be ok with Kanu going to a decent loan.

Ahadme 
    Godden 
    Dixon*
    TC
    Leaburn**
    Aneke***
    Goal scoring mid 

Is plenty of options to grab a 1-0 win

*Sparingly 
    ** Once fit
    ***Until injured 
  • edited August 23
    If we bring in a midfielder who's a real goal threat then would be ok with Kanu going to a decent loan.

Ahadme 
    Godden 
    Dixon*
    TC
    Leaburn**
    Aneke***
    Goal scoring mid 

*Sparingly 
    ** Once fit
    ***Until injured 
    With Dixon as another option we also don’t have to play 2 up front. Could easily switch to a 3-4-2-1 and play with any 2 of Berry/Dixon/Campbell in the 2 behind the striker. Would also allow Dixon and Campbell to get out wide where they are best 

Doubt we are looking to add goal threat from midfield though. That’s what Docherty and Berry are here for. More likely to be looking at a Taylor replacement to compete with Coventry, and then maybe some creativity or physicality (probably the latter as it’s Jones) 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:
    Mentions Kanu potentially going out on loan depending on how Leaburn is getting on
    Well Hylton still at the club so give him 6 month contract and send Kanu out 
    Only have to compare their records last season to see Kanu would offer a lot more on the pitch than Hylton.
    But what’s the point of Kanu being 5th choice we might as well use Hylton as 5th choice and allow Kanu to get more playing time .. surely makes sense 
    We don’t need Hylton when Ahadme, Godden, Campbell, Aneke, Leaburn and Dixon would still be ahead of him if we loan out Kanu. He’d be 7 or 8th choice which is a waste of budget.
    But at the moment we don’t know if Leaburn will
    have any set backs so we need Hylton as cover it’s precaution 
    Other than in a coaching role I cannot see any reason why we need Hylton.
    I'd rather use any money we have on bringing in someone else. 

Wouldn't bother with Hylton , felt more like a mate helping NJ out for preseason than anything serious. We've got Casey and Mbick we can use in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy and no one is going to have 6/7 senior strikers on the books. Would rather the budget was used where we need it. 
    Casey and Mbick no where near ready first team yet .. we have no need to throw them in the deep end this season these two has could do with loans to Nat league or Nat League South … can never understand why we don’t set up
    agreement with Welling to send our younger players too ? for the next stage of their development 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:
    Mentions Kanu potentially going out on loan depending on how Leaburn is getting on
    Only have to compare their records last season to see Kanu would offer a lot more on the pitch than Hylton.
    But what’s the point of Kanu being 5th choice we might as well use Hylton as 5th choice and allow Kanu to get more playing time .. surely makes sense 
    We don’t need Hylton when Ahadme, Godden, Campbell, Aneke, Leaburn and Dixon would still be ahead of him if we loan out Kanu. He’d be 7 or 8th choice which is a waste of budget.

Wouldn't bother with Hylton , felt more like a mate helping NJ out for preseason than anything serious. We've got Casey and Mbick we can use in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy and no one is going to have 6/7 senior strikers on the books. Would rather the budget was used where we need it. 
    Casey and Mbick no where near ready first team yet .. we have no need to throw them in the deep end this season these two has could do with loans to Nat league or Nat League South … can never understand why we don’t set up
    agreement with Welling to send our younger players too ? for the next stage of their development 
    If you'd been following Welling over the past few years then you'd understand why.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Gallagher wasn’t ours 
    We get a development fee 
    Do we get anything from Ian Maatsens move? 
    Don’t think so as he’s moved between English clubs. Believe it applies when players move between clubs in different countries.
  • I think we should send DK on loan to Bromley, AFC Wimbledon et al. I think a league two loan playing regularly until Jan at least would do him a world of good, and for the case of AFCW he would have a big man in Omar Bugiel next to him to help him practice working in that target man - runner set up 
  • Personally think it would be a big risk to loan DK to a L2 club, puts a lot of pressure on the remaining forwards to stay fit especially considering Miles is likely out until Oct and wont be straight back into playing 90 mins, Godden has had a hamstring niggle, Ahadme had an injury in pre-season, Chuks is Chuks and TC isn't even a striker.
    Agree, and Dixon settling in. We know what we’ll get from Kanu if we need him to start games. Dixon is moving to another country to what I expect is a much more physical league and under a manager who expects his players to be among the fittest in the division.
  • Foxycafc said:
    From Gallagher’s transfer, we will get £180,000 as a solidarity contribution. We will also receive compensation for the cost of his training and education for a season, but I can’t be bothered to calculate that yet.
    He was only with us, for half the season, does that figure remain the same?
  • Foxycafc said:
    From Gallagher’s transfer, we will get £180,000 as a solidarity contribution. We will also receive compensation for the cost of his training and education for a season, but I can’t be bothered to calculate that yet.

Can I ask how the solidarity contribution is arrived at, £180,000 seems an amazing figure for a player who graced our first team for about four and a half months. 
  • I guess there's two calculations happening, what's best for the team now and what's best for Kanu's development. His short time at Southend made a real difference and a short term loan until January (even if it's officially agreed as a season long loan) might put him in a better place to challenge for a starting role. Sitting on the bench isn't going to do a huge amount for him. Miles will probably move on either in January or the end of the season and it would be great if Kanu was able to come in and take his place
  • Bailey said:
    Foxycafc said:

Can I ask how the solidarity contribution is arrived at, £180,000 seems an amazing figure for a player who graced our first team for about four and a half months. 
    5% of the transfer fee gets designated for that and then is split out depending on how long was spent at each club. The higher the fee, the higher the contribution each club gets
  • NabySarr said:
    If we bring in a midfielder who's a real goal threat then would be ok with Kanu going to a decent loan.

Ahadme 
    Godden 
    Dixon*
    TC
    Leaburn**
    Aneke***
    Goal scoring mid 

*Sparingly 
    ** Once fit
    ***Until injured 
    With Dixon as another option we also don’t have to play 2 up front. Could easily switch to a 3-4-2-1 and play with any 2 of Berry/Dixon/Campbell in the 2 behind the striker. Would also allow Dixon and Campbell to get out wide where they are best 

Doubt we are looking to add goal threat from midfield though. That’s what Docherty and Berry are here for. More likely to be looking at a Taylor replacement to compete with Coventry, and then maybe some creativity or physicality (probably the latter as it’s Jones) 

I like docherty but he's a bit more hussle and bussle, someone with a bit more nous in and around the box to compete with Berry would be nice. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 23
    Kanu tries hard but isn't at the point where he's regularly troubling defenders at this level. He's also a natural goalscorer but that seems to have disappeared from his game in the first team. Makes sense to send him on loan. 
  • Hal1x said:
    So much riches up top. Gone are the days where you hope Josh Davison is fit so you have a natural striker to play.
    and yet we still can only score one goal.
    I think we are in the realm of 1-0 is better than 10-6 with Jones. 
  • I wasn't thinking about league first team mins really for either of them this season , give them decent mins in the BSMT and then look at what loan options might be available. Always a concern with players that score the rate of goals Mbick & Casey have scored at age group level that it won't translate to first team football. 
  • Kanu would seemingly be 6th choice when Miles is fit behind Ahamde, Miles, Chuks, Godden and TC, a loan where we can recall him (ideally this is to the top of the national league) would probably be best for all involved
    I think Kanu deserves more than a national league loan. He did well last season and doesn't look out of place in L1
    He does, but we can only recall in transfer windows for other league sides, whereas National league we can recall whenever (like we did when he was at southend last year) and with the unreliable nature of our strikers fitness this could well be needed

• Foxycafc said:
    Slacker. 
  • Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Dizzle said:
    Scoham said:

casey doesn’t have the attributes of Mbick but he is a predator in the box.  He’ll suit a team that creates a lot of chances so I think he needs another season in the youth setup
    Probably best he doesn't get minutes then
  • edited August 23
    supaclive said:
    Kanu should be playing in front of TC
    They give you different qualities. Personally support Nathan Jones sticking it out with TC over Kanu for a little while longer yet, think he (Nathan Jones) has earned the right to do what he thinks is right.

Kanu is a good, honest young player but he’s far more predictable in how he plays than TC is. I think the unpredictable nature of TC is a big part of what Jones values in him.

When a game is a tight low scoring affair and you need someone to do something a bit special to break the deadlock, TC is far more likely to give you that moment of magic than Kanu is IMO.
  • supaclive said:
    Kanu should be playing in front of TC
    Think Jones might know a bit more than you 👌🏻
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!