Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Wonder if the midfielder was Marcus McGuane played for Oxford United and apparently is having a a medical at Bristol City?
    Shame if true, would have been a great signing 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    So are we looking at someone that's been relegated from League 1 like Ben Garrity and Ethan Chislett from Port Vale or someone that's been promoted and isn't going to play much now? Really interested to see who this ends up being. 
    Or someone that was on loan last season but doesn’t have another loan sorted yet / is available on a permanent deal - that is surely another possibility?
    Someone maybe like a Myles Peart Harris…attacking midfielder…I’d imagine Chelsea aren’t playing on keeping him 
    Brentford had three quality midfielders out on loan in League One last season.

Peart-Harris at Pompey
    Maghoma at Bolton
    Trevitt at Exeter

Any one of those three would be a great addition

All 3 still at Brentford as it stands too. Definitely names to keep an eye on. Maghoma possibly one they'd rather have in the championship potentially. 
  • Callumcafc said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    So are we looking at someone that's been relegated from League 1 like Ben Garrity and Ethan Chislett from Port Vale or someone that's been promoted and isn't going to play much now? Really interested to see who this ends up being. 
    Or someone that was on loan last season but doesn’t have another loan sorted yet / is available on a permanent deal - that is surely another possibility?
    Someone maybe like a Myles Peart Harris…attacking midfielder…I’d imagine Chelsea aren’t playing on keeping him 
    Brentford had three quality midfielders out on loan in League One last season.

Peart-Harris at Pompey
    Maghoma at Bolton
    Trevitt at Exeter

Any one of those three would be a great addition
    Forgot Peart Harris was at Brentford…but yeah all good options 
  • Scoham said:
    Mentioned him the other day but can't see that happening. Still, he is much more the profile of player that I'd expect NJ wants in that DM role. 
  • Mpanzu was the guy that went all through the leagues with Luton right?
  • Bailey said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Not sure it is Clarkson.. I was told it was someone who was in league one last season.. But it is a bit of a trigger effect, that once Fraser or Taylor go, this transfer will happen.. The club might be forced to bring him in, if other clubs get a sniff.
    Trigger effect you say. Did it involve Ness as well?
    Or is 'trigger effect' a cryptic clue ? If so then I would suggest we are bringing in two players, Smith and Wesson. 
    Or that well known sharp shooter Lee Enfield.  ;)
    On your bike.
  • sam3110 said:
    Mpanzu was the guy that went all through the leagues with Luton right?
    Yeah
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Wonder if the midfielder was Marcus McGuane played for Oxford United and apparently is having a a medical at Bristol City?
    Good shout, seems like an NJ type signing
    He was the one,but unfortunately regular championship football has won the battle.. at the time, we was the only club in for him. But as we know it isn’t done until it’s done.

we move on to the next target. 
     Also links back up with Liam Manning who he played well for at Oxford
  • edited August 22
    Pissed off with everybody we go after going somewhere else, don't they know who we are, clearly no ambition and we are obviously so much better off without them...anyway...next refusal please...🙄
  • Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Mentioned him the other day but can't see that happening. Still, he is much more the profile of player that I'd expect NJ wants in that DM role. 
    You really, really, really, really fucking have it in for Coventry don't you. 

Anyway he'd be in the box to box Anderson role 
  • edited August 22
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    You really, really, really, really fucking have it in for Coventry don't you. 

Anyway he'd be in the box to box Anderson role 
    No, not really. And you should know Mr. Leuth, I would 100% say if I did. 

Coventry is a decent player, I just don't think this system makes use of his best skillset, and so I don't think we would have signed him had Jones been here at the time. I don't think he's bad at all. He's certainly no Hector or Innis ;)

Mpanzu played that DM role for Luton. Good analysis of NJ's setup here
  • I’d be surprised if Mpanzu would drop to league one, played 27 times in the prem last season and came on in both their games so far this season, still only 30.
    I agree but he’s played a grand total of 6 minutes in those two games so far. Obviously just the start of the season but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility he moved on and he’s not exactly a sexy signing for a lower end Championship side 
  • Luton have brought in a CDM today on loan from Mainz but I can't see Mpanzu going anywhere. 
  • Watching Notts County v Grimsby and County's Dan Crowley looks a bit of a player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dan Crowley is one of those players that had so much hype as a teenager then bounced around a load of clubs without settling before really coming up trumps at Notts County. Really talented player but I think they'd want a very substantial fee to even consider selling him as he's their lynchpin 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dan Crowley is one of those players that had so much hype as a teenager then bounced around a load of clubs without settling before really coming up trumps at Notts County. Really talented player but I think they'd want a very substantial fee to even consider selling him as he's their lynchpin 
    How about a swap deal with Ness...oh, hang on.
  • Just turned my phone on, and had a WhatsApp from a Leeds mate.

Largi has gone to Leeds for 10 mill, will we get any of it, as a development fee?

Largi has gone to Leeds for 10 mill, will we get any of it, as a development fee?
    It seems so, perhaps £150k, according to the unreliable Transfermarket site.

See his thread.

It seems so, perhaps £150k, according to the unreliable Transfermarket site.

See his thread.
    So between him, Gallagher, potentially Lookman and Burstow and the big one Gomez - it could turn into quite a profitable window for passive income. Not suggesting we should start throwing money around like confetti but if it allowed us to up the budget for even one more quality player that otherwise may have been considered unaffordable... well that would be a good result.
  • Gallagher wasn’t ours 
  • Gallagher wasn’t ours 
    We get a development fee 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!