Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Can't find any other likely footballer called Leighton. Could it be Clarkson if he's back in a few weeks?
  • If it was Clarkson, I wonder if Asiimwe could end up going to Aberdeen, what with the SPL links mentioned with him
  • Leighton Rees, at least he would fill the goal (Google him young uns)
  • Leighton Baines to fix our set piece issue.
  • @scoham has a scoop on the U21 thread that Vic Bettineilli, the father of Marcus Bettineilli, the Chelsea keeper, is involved with coaching our U21 side.

So putting 2 and 2 together you get 7s/4d in old money

Just 37p, Henry?

• Leighton Call
  • Shame it’s not Leighton Clarkson, very decent footballer.
  • Sponsored links:

• One player we won't be signing is the only Matt Smith who hasn't played for us, the ex Millwall striker who's announced his retirement.
  • Fleck is a very good player but his recent injury record is a concern. His uncle was once very apologetic to my Dad at a reserve game at Welling. Robert had sworn a few times and my Dad jokingly shouted out ‘oi, mind your language’. Fleck then came over and apologised. Seemed a nice guy.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Not sure it is Clarkson.. I was told it was someone who was in league one last season.. But it is a bit of a trigger effect, that once Fraser or Taylor go, this transfer will happen.. The club might be forced to bring him in, if other clubs get a sniff.
    Do you know if anything is close with Fraser or Taylor? 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Not sure it is Clarkson.. I was told it was someone who was in league one last season.. But it is a bit of a trigger effect, that once Fraser or Taylor go, this transfer will happen.. The club might be forced to bring him in, if other clubs get a sniff.
    Do you know if anything is close with Fraser or Taylor? 
    I would assume so.
  • So are we looking at someone that's been relegated from League 1 like Ben Garrity and Ethan Chislett from Port Vale or someone that's been promoted and isn't going to play much now? Really interested to see who this ends up being. 
  • https://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-make-approach-to-sign-joe-gomez-sources/

Talk of Gomez going to Villa once they sell a player. Liverpool want £40-45m.
  • iaitch said:
    That's bit rude Henry, sure Marcus is just a normal guy.

Hahaha! I didn't mention Wierdu because I wasn't sure what the situation was surrounding how he left. Did have a quick look and seems he's been playing CB for Fleetwood. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 22
    Sounds like there will be a flurry of activity before the end of the window - which is pretty exciting.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    So are we looking at someone that's been relegated from League 1 like Ben Garrity and Ethan Chislett from Port Vale or someone that's been promoted and isn't going to play much now? Really interested to see who this ends up being. 
    Chislett looked good against us last year but we were absolutely rank. 
  • Sounds like there will be a flurry of activity before the end of the window - which is pretty exciting.
    Just like Jones said there would be 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    iaitch said:

Hahaha! I didn't mention Wierdu because I wasn't sure what the situation was surrounding how he left. Did have a quick look and seems he's been playing CB for Fleetwood. 
    Sorry @MarcusH26 you're not wierd.

A little strange maybe😉
  • MarcusH26 said:
    iaitch said:

Sorry @MarcusH26 you're not wierd.

A little strange maybe😉
    Not a proposition that I think @MarcusH26 should accept.

Not that I'm making any judgements...
  • Joe Morrell? NJ signed him for Luton a few years back.
  • Joe Morrell? NJ signed him for Luton a few years back.

Would be a good shout , am surprised no one has signed him yet. Guess Wrexham signed Dobbo instead. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!