Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Divin Mubama (previously mentioned by a few on here and the other site) is signing for Man City from West Ham.

1.5 million compensation agreed as he's out of contract but only 19.
    So it really was pie in the sky to think he could sign for us. Lol
    Was only mentioned in respect of a loan I think which made some sense (albeit I think he could have got a Championship loan not League 1). 

I'd be surprised if he doesn't now go out on loan from City, although it'll likely be within their group of clubs.
  • Mentioned on under 21 thread that Vic Bettonelli has joined to coach our youngsters. Would be nice to get his son on loan from Chelsea. 
  • Mentioned on under 21 thread that Vic Bettonelli has joined to coach our youngsters. Would be nice to get his son on loan from Chelsea. 
    He's basically their Scott Carson isn't he?
    He's basically their Scott Carson isn't he?

Yup fills a home-grown spot for squad purposes but doesn't play. I mean when they've got 5? other keepers on the books still I'm not surprised 
  • I think the problem we might have run into having both Coventry and Taylor is that they both do the same job, and they both do in very similar ways.

If Coventry is ahead of Taylor in the pecking order, it might make sense to move Taylor on and bring in someone who does the same job but is of a different mold than Coventry. 

Horses for courses situation between Coventry and Fleck seems very realistic to me.
    Tbh numbers wise in midfield I think we need both to have reasonable cover. We certainly have much less depth in midfield compared to defense and attack. 

Jones asks a lot of his midfielders so we're gonna need to rotate and have the numbers to do so even if we pick up a couple injuries. Otherwise you'll just be overplaying the same players until they get injured and just self inflicting an injury crisis.

I don't see Edun as a viable midfield option though as 7th choice midfielder and 3rd choice LB there could be a role in the squad for him.
  • sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Wolves want Ramsdale on a season loan from Arsenal with option to buy, do Wolves have any decent goalkeepers?

Tom King their third choice could be an option. Started out at Millwall before being a regular for Newport and Northampton. Welsh international too. 

Also scored for Newport with a goal kick. 
    Have they changed the rules ? Could never score from a goal kick previously.
    How old are you Captain? Rule changed in 1997! 
    I didn’t know that. (Ancient, seeing as you’re asking).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 21
    I think the problem we might have run into having both Coventry and Taylor is that they both do the same job, and they both do in very similar ways.

If Coventry is ahead of Taylor in the pecking order, it might make sense to move Taylor on and bring in someone who does the same job but is of a different mold than Coventry. 

Horses for courses situation between Coventry and Fleck seems very realistic to me.
    Tbh numbers wise in midfield I think we need both to have reasonable cover. We certainly have much less depth in midfield compared to defense and attack. 

Jones asks a lot of his midfielders so we're gonna need to rotate and have the numbers to do so even if we pick up a couple injuries. Otherwise you'll just be overplaying the same players until they get injured and just self inflicting an injury crisis.

I don't see Edun as a viable midfield option though as 7th choice midfielder and 3rd choice LB there could be a role in the squad for him.
    I don’t think Fraser or Edun have real long term futures at the club - the problem is getting someone else to take them. 

I don’t think carrying someone as a 7th choice midfielder and 3rd choice left back is particularly viable for a League One budget. For instance, no Edun in your scenario would mean our 3rd choice LB becomes Tennai Watson and our 7th choice CM becomes Zach Mitchell. Not their best positions but both would definitely do a job.

Jones wants a midfielder in but the only asset that other clubs might want but isn’t critical to us moving forward is Terry Taylor. That’s why he’s probably the one moving on to free up funds. In the mean time, Fraser and/or Edun will have to stick around as emergency back ups.

In January or next summer window we’ll hopefully be in a position where both Fraser and Edun can be moved on permanently and replaced with more midfielders that Jones wants.
  • edited August 21
  • That Mark Goldbridge correctly identified Jesper Blomqvist as one of our former players 🤔 It’s a sign … #JustSaying #RobbieMustoe
  • Leighton Clarkson rumoured on Facebook! I know Facebook hardly a reliable source but it’s a rumour!!!
  • From Facebook. 
  • Even if it's true someone has just googled footballers called Leighton who's surname begins with k or c 😆 
  • Divin Mubama (previously mentioned by a few on here and the other site) is signing for Man City from West Ham.

1.5 million compensation agreed as he's out of contract but only 19.
    So it really was pie in the sky to think he could sign for us. Lol
    Was only mentioned in respect of a loan I think which made some sense (albeit I think he could have got a Championship loan not League 1). 

I'd be surprised if he doesn't now go out on loan from City, although it'll likely be within their group of clubs.
    Aren't we in their group of clubs give the crap they have recently loaned to us...perhaps not then 🤔 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 21
    Weren't we linked to an Aberdeen player last summer? Leighton Clarkson would be an interesting rumour - ex Liverpool youth but spent the last 2 seasons with Aberdeen on loan and then signed a permanent last summer. Attacking midfielder so would fit the bill.
  • Leighton Clarkson rumoured on Facebook! I know Facebook hardly a reliable source but it’s a rumour!!!
    Can't see this one. Played 36 games for Aberdeen last season. That said he wasn't involved at the weekend in their first league game. If he's on the move I'd think it would be to the Championship, would love to be wrong though as he's technically very strong and can play as the 6,8 or 10.
  • He's criminally undersized at 5'9'' . Toss him back before the Charlton Height Testers arrive.
  • Are we sure they haven’t confused things with our last opponent and they’re talking about Leyton Orient?
  • edited August 21
    Sure it's not Jeremy Clarkson?...🙄
  • Jim Leighton ?
  • Leighton Phillips.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!