Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• RC_CAFC said:
    From the snippets coming out of Sparrows, the lad sounds very exciting. Definitely something we currently don’t have. Electric pace and bags of tricks. I still wonder if Jones is the type of manager that sees much benefit in a player that is a bit of a wild card. I’m guessing even if the work permit gets sorted it’ll be a couple of months before NJ integrates him into options for team selection. I suspect he’ll want to drill him in the Jones way. 
    I feel like that is what he was doing with Campbell for the last few months of last season. He seems stronger and more disciplined in his performances now.

Unless he is Rak Sakyi good, I definitely would think he’ll be integrated slowly with some u21 games and EFL trophy games.

I know some people think ths EFL trophy is a waste of time but for me it really does have a purpose in integrating youth players and fringe players into the first team squad.
    From the clips I've seen he looks very far from senior action. I think this may be a settling in season.
  • edited August 20
    Saw a youtube of Dixon's goals. Don't want to be miserable but the standard of football looked terrible and Dixon's goals were pretty bog standard.
    If NJ has seen him in training that's good enough for me. Doesn't come across as a manager with low standards. 
  • Saw a youtube of Dixon's goals. Don't want to be miserable but the standard of football looked terrible and Dixon's goals were pretty bog standard.
    Can you explain what a "bog standard" goal is.
    I always thought a goal was a goal no matter how it was scored.
    Sure. I mean that his goals weren't screamers from outside the box, goals after mazy runs, anything showing impressive technique. Just seemed like running on to the ball and hitting it past the keeper. The sort of goals I'd be worried about drying up with a higher standard of opposition. 
  • Scoham said:

Jah no dead
  • Chunes said:
    Saw a youtube of Dixon's goals. Don't want to be miserable but the standard of football looked terrible and Dixon's goals were pretty bog standard.
    If NJ has seen him in training that's good enough for me. Doesn't come across as a manager with low standards. 
    He also saw Alfie May in training......
  • Trialist goalkeeper playing for the U21s this afternoon.
  • Sky reporting Begovic going back to  Everton. Makes sense. 

Its Marosi I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Where's Dixon going to play?
    Been called a striker or a winger depending what you read, so I assume he’d be an alternative to Campbell as a striker who can drift wide and take on defenders.

Similar to both Grant and Taylor who were "strikers" who could play wide and central during a match. 

Its Marosi I believe
    Don’t mind it if he’s number 2, don’t think he’s got great history playing us but his old clubs seem to like him especially Coventry where he got promotion.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Not naming the No.1 shirt suggests they were bringing in another keeper. 
    What about Darren Randolph? Plenty of experience, not sure about wages.
    I wonder what Mike Salmon is up to 
    Fishing.
  • edited August 20
    Trialist goalkeeper playing for the U21s this afternoon.

Its Marosi I believe
    God... It gets worse with the Goalkeepers... I know we're scraping the barrel a bit now because our own targets have been attracted by other clubs, which isnt our fault - But c'mon; Maynard-Brewer cant be any worse than him? - I still remember his howler against us in the Play-Offs vs Doncaster, which allowed Pratley to salvage the game for us, and so send it to penalties!!
  • wmcf123 said:
    Not naming the No.1 shirt suggests they were bringing in another keeper. 
    What about Darren Randolph? Plenty of experience, not sure about wages.
    I wonder what Mike Salmon is up to 
    Fishing.

We once had one of his relatives on trial….Mike Gravlax.

Its Marosi I believe
    God... It gets worse with the Goalkeepers... I know we're scraping the barrel a bit now because our own targets have been attracted by other clubs, which isnt our fault - But c'mon; Maynard-Brewer cant be any worse than him? - I still remember his howler against us in the Play-Offs vs Doncaster, which allowed Pratley to salvage the game for us, and so send it to penalties!!
    hmm

Its Marosi I believe
    I knew I recognised the name but couldn't place him! He was shocking in those playoff games!
  • Marko Maroši .. 30 year old is stats last season at Shrewsbury are impressive with a number of clean sheets .. he was all set to join Rotherham when he left Shrewsbury .. 

• Sponsored links:

Its Marosi I believe
    I knew I recognised the name but couldn't place him! He was shocking in those playoff games!
    Yeah I remember his name as fondly as Michael Gray for that mistake
  • Marko Maroši .. 30 year old is stats last season at Shrewsbury are impressive with a number of clean sheets .. he was all set to join Rotherham when he left Shrewsbury .. 

10 clean sheets in 43 league games last season. Screams average league one keeper to me.
  • His team actually managed to concede more goals than us last season, didn't even think that was possible.
  • Not a massive fan of the idea of Marosi but would trust NJ if it’s who he wants. Would expect Mannion to keep the shirt though if it’s between him and Marosi.

His numbers over the last three years at this level don’t exactly fill me with confidence. Here’s last year’s per 90 and the other two seasons aren’t much different.

• no idea how that compares...
  • I thought we was looking for a new number one.
    No way is he that,  in fact if he signed he would be number 3 in the pecking order 
  • edited August 20
    I thought we was looking for a new number one.
    No way is he that,  in fact if he signed he would be number 3 in the pecking order 

Maybe with the start Will has made and otther areas of the squad needing players the goal posts (sorry) have been moved and Jones feels wages saved on a clear number one that was the target before can be used elsewhere. I tend to agree. 
  • Not a massive fan of the idea of Marosi but would trust NJ if it’s who he wants. Would expect Mannion to keep the shirt though if it’s between him and Marosi.

His numbers over the last three years at this level don’t exactly fill me with confidence. Here’s last year’s per 90 and the other two seasons aren’t much different.

Don’t think any goalkeeper we get now is who Nathan wants. We must be on about our 10th option by now, and we’ve moved on from what he clearly wanted which was a number one with lots of experience at a higher level 
  • Think the first two games and two clean sheets, Mannion has made himself very hard to drop, and certainly doesn't deserve being dropped 
    Like Mannion, he has looked solid and assured in the first two games, and deserves the No1 shirt...imo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!