Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Assume the other midfielder being mentioned is John Fleck?
  • Assume the other midfielder being mentioned is John Fleck?
    Very good player for Sheff Utd but would be concerned about his fitness.

If he did sign who would he replace in midfield
  • I think the problem we might have run into having both Coventry and Taylor is that they both do the same job, and they both do in very similar ways.

If Coventry is ahead of Taylor in the pecking order, it might make sense to move Taylor on and bring in someone who does the same job but is of a different mold than Coventry. 

Horses for courses situation between Coventry and Fleck seems very realistic to me.
  • sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Wolves want Ramsdale on a season loan from Arsenal with option to buy, do Wolves have any decent goalkeepers?

Tom King their third choice could be an option. Started out at Millwall before being a regular for Newport and Northampton. Welsh international too. 

Also scored for Newport with a goal kick. 
    Have they changed the rules ? Could never score from a goal kick previously.
    How old are you Captain? Rule changed in 1997! 
    Obviously too old ! 😞 
  • edited August 20
    Wasn't there a Hungarian midfielder linked recently?  Seemed expensive but if we think some Gomez/Lookman money is coming our way...

Is the Canadian kid still with us?  
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall about to sign Femi Azeez apparently. Would love him to play for us. Still some very good players at Reading.
  • edited August 20
    Hopefully it’s Oliver Norwood not Fleck. He is brilliant at set pieces.
  • NabySarr said:
    I think the problem we might have run into having both Coventry and Taylor is that they both do the same job, and they both do in very similar ways.

If Coventry is ahead of Taylor in the pecking order, it might make sense to move Taylor on and bring in someone who does the same job but is of a different mold than Coventry. 

Horses for courses situation between Coventry and Fleck seems very realistic to me.
    Surely having a similar backup is a good thing? If Coventry is injured then Taylor should slot in easily as he’s a similar player so we won’t have to change anything about what we are doing 

If Taylor leaves then I’d expect a similar holding midfielder replacement to come in. Fleck isn’t a holding midfielder, he’d be coming in to compete with Docherty, Berry and Anderson I think 

If we wanted a different mould then I’d want a big physical type, as that’s what we are lacking at the moment 
    Fleck is a DM/MC in FM 👀 
  • I think the problem we might have run into having both Coventry and Taylor is that they both do the same job, and they both do in very similar ways.

Not sure Fleck would be that player tbh but I think I agree with what you’re saying. I know Jones’ isn’t huge on loans but wouldn’t mind signing both Potts’ brothers. We could loan Taylor out and hopefully play himself into some form and fitness 
  • Wasn't there a Hungarian midfielder linked recently?  Seemed expensive but if we think some Gomez/Lookman money is coming our way...

Is the Canadian kid still with us?  
    Not a bad shout actually, maybe that’s why it’s unlikely in this window but could change if we get the cash windfall 
  • Do we actually know it was Marosi?
    Can confidently say we've had him on trial. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    I don't pay much attention to opposition goalies, but Marosi has been the worst goalie that has played against us in the last few seasons.
    Him and the Pompey keeper
    Is that ‘Near Post’ Norris?
  • Fleck is a very good player but his recent injury record is a concern. His uncle was once very apologetic to my Dad at a reserve game at Welling. Robert had sworn a few times and my Dad jokingly shouted out ‘oi, mind your language’. Fleck then came over and apologised. Seemed a nice guy.
    You sure your not getting him mixed up with Roger Johnson. 
  • edited August 21
    NabySarr said:
    I think the problem we might have run into having both Coventry and Taylor is that they both do the same job, and they both do in very similar ways.

Surely having a similar backup is a good thing? If Coventry is injured then Taylor should slot in easily as he’s a similar player so we won’t have to change anything about what we are doing 

If Taylor leaves then I’d expect a similar holding midfielder replacement to come in. Fleck isn’t a holding midfielder, he’d be coming in to compete with Docherty, Berry and Anderson I think 

If we wanted a different mould then I’d want a big physical type, as that’s what we are lacking at the moment 
    NJ played Mpanzu in that role at Luton who is physical, energetic and much more box-to-box than Coventry and Taylor. I'd be surprised if we signed Fleck. I think the Mpanzu-type is much more what he'd like in that role. We have no use for a ball-playing DM. 
  • iaitch said:
    We'll get Robert Fleck ex Norwich/Chelsea, just checked he's now 59.

We've signed worse unfortunately.
  • Bring on the return of Florent Roumaba 🤞🤞🤞
  • Divin Mubama (previously mentioned by a few on here and the other site) is signing for Man City from West Ham.

1.5 million compensation agreed as he's out of contract but only 19.
  • edited August 21

• Divin Mubama (previously mentioned by a few on here and the other site) is signing for Man City from West Ham.

1.5 million compensation agreed as he's out of contract but only 19.
    So it really was pie in the sky to think he could sign for us. Lol
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!