Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• fenaddick said:

Perfect, give him a years football to develop and hope he comes back above Watson in the pecking order
    Works out perfectly as Watson is out of contract end of the season 
  • PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Got to be honest, I am somewhat underwhelmed so far. We have bought in 7 new players after finishing in our worst league position for 96 years last season and losing 3 of our best players in CBT, May and Dobson.
    To put that into perspective Bolton who narrowly missed promotion have bought in 8 players so more than us.
    Yes, I know we bought in 7 in January, but 3 (Ward, Bakinson, Fiorini) have gone and one (Gillesphy) just isn't that good.
    NJ said this summer would be a huge rebuild as he wanted the squad in a position where we would only tinker in future windows; it doesn't feel like that when we have bought in less than most other teams in L1 have. 
    Meanwhile Small, Mitchell, Jones and Leaburn are in the final 12 months of their contracts and we are stuck with a number of players we don't want.
    The squad for me looks ok and workmanlike but severely lacking in real quality.
     I hope to be proved wrong.
    CBT and Dobson not missed they are were seen as very good players within the Charlton fan base , but not by the wider football  world … what we brought in is quality and not deadwood like before .. players contacts are not a concern this early in the season.. 
    Not true.

CBT signed for Derby, the last time i looked they were a Championship team. 

Phil Parkinson tried to sign Dobson last year. 
    He might have signed for Derby but how often does he play?
    Derby fans want him sent back … the manager was planning to play him
    as a wing back !!!!
    You discredit the Charlton supporters opinion of CBT, yet you quote the Derby fans opnion of the same player. Make your mind up!

CBT is at a Championship team.

You can repeat your dross, but i know which league i'd rather Charlton were in.
    Suggestion to stop engaging a manner befitting a response to a genuine poster 
  • Do we know that we are definitely going to get a cut of Gomez fee ...
    Talking to one of the UK Directors last week it seems we will although they didn't mention, probably because they don't yet know, how much it would be.

My guesstimate is:

We've been told that we get 20% of any profit by Cawley.

We got £3.5m IIRC so the profit on a £50m deal would be £46.5m

Our 20% would be £9.3m

But wait

Gomez hasn't been sold yet

He may not go for as much as £50m (he may also go for more)

Crucially, we won't get £9.3m up front.

Large transfer fees are usually paid over the life time of a contract so Liverpool, and so us, get, AS AN EXAMPLE,  50% upfront and the remaining half spread over the remaining four years of Joe's contract. Again, an assumption that it is a five year deal.

In my example that would mean we get £4.65m now and £1.635m per year for each of the next four seasons.

So a very big boost to the coffers now to either fund transfer and wages or to fund the more important tarmacing of the west stand car park (£750k well spent you'll all agree) or to lower the owners annual losses plus a very handy guaranteed sum each year for four years.

Just an EXAMPLE, NOT FACT.

WIOTOS

I appreciate just an example but two things..

a) I think we are up to £5-6M received for JG now with add ons so assume "profit" would take that into account
    b) I am probably wrong but think I remember Cawley saying I'm a tweet a few years back it was "over" 20% as a clause.
  • Do we know that we are definitely going to get a cut of Gomez fee ...
    Talking to one of the UK Directors last week it seems we will although they didn't mention, probably because they don't yet know, how much it would be.

My guesstimate is:

Our 20% would be £9.3m

But wait

Large transfer fees are usually paid over the life time of a contract so Liverpool, and so us, get, AS AN EXAMPLE,  50% upfront and the remaining half spread over the remaining four years of Joe's contract. Again, an assumption that it is a five year deal.

In my example that would mean we get £4.65m now and £1.635m per year for each of the next four seasons.

So a very big boost to the coffers now to either fund transfer and wages or to fund the more important tarmacing of the west stand car park (£750k well spent you'll all agree) or to lower the owners annual losses plus a very handy guaranteed sum each year for four years.

WIOTOS

a) I think we are up to £5-6M received for JG now with add ons so assume "profit" would take that into account
    b) I am probably wrong but think I remember Cawley saying I'm a tweet a few years back it was "over" 20% as a clause.
    Could well be right on both points but for me key point was a UK director saying that we will get something.

How much that is depends on too many variables right now.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Think you'll have a queue of L2 clubs to take Asiimwe. Would be great for him to go and play every week and learn his trade because the potential is definitely there. 

I would expect him to do very very well in L2.  Hope he goes to Bradford, Gills or MKD as all are in my pre season accumulators!
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Think you'll have a queue of L2 clubs to take Asiimwe. Would be great for him to go and play every week and learn his trade because the potential is definitely there. 

I would expect him to do very very well in L2.  Hope he goes to Bradford, Gills or MKD as all are in my pre season accumulators!

MK would be a good fit stylistically. Although they signed Aaron Nemane from Notts County in the summer. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Nathan has a few L2 clubs interested but also one who are probably a step up from that which would be great for him 
    Scotland?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Nathan has a few L2 clubs interested but also one who are probably a step up from that which would be great for him 
    Loan to the SPL would be good especially if we have a target at that club. Looking at Edwards there’s obviously talent there.
  • edited August 19
    Do we know that we are definitely going to get a cut of Gomez fee ...

My guesstimate is:

Our 20% would be £9.3m

But wait

WIOTOS

Mmmm…..that’s interesting, I have been told something similar in as much as some of the terms in the contract we signed with Liverpool have already been settled.
    Now I have no idea how much this would be or for what reason they would have had to renumeratie us ….only ones I can think of is it might be the number of appearances for Liverpool and England respectively.
    Sorry not to be able to be more precise but it’s as much as I know.
  • Wouldn't be surprised to see Asiimwe pop up at a L1 rival. 

What's the policy with Reading?
  • sam3110 said:
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Asiimwe pop up at a L1 rival. 

What's the policy with Reading?

Think as soon as the Couhig deal completes they can sign whoever they want. Not sure on their RB options off the top of my head , I think Andy Yiadom is still there 
  • From a development pov, the key is to get Asiimwe at the right level of club, where he will play plenty of games, but not because the club is a basketcase type of club either.
  • From a development pov, the key is to get Asiimwe at the right level of club, where he will play plenty of games, but not because the club is a basketcase type of club either.
    That rules out Rangers, then 🤣
  • Saw a youtube of Dixon's goals. Don't want to be miserable but the standard of football looked terrible and Dixon's goals were pretty bog standard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Be suprised if Dixon is involved that early.

Most likely a couple of run outs for the U23s before he gets in the first team matchday squad
  • Not naming the No.1 shirt suggests they were bringing in another keeper. 
    What about Darren Randolph? Plenty of experience, not sure about wages.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!