Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Richard Cawley
    ·
    3m
    #cafc hoping to have Kaheim Dixon deal officially completed this week.

Delay has been due to work permit application
    Hopefully makes a appearance againt cambridge in a few weeks 
  • shine166 said:

Richard Cawley
    ·
    3m

Was told he'll play U21 games first but guess that could change
  • In terms of Gomez , if Guehi is sold to Newcastle then maybe Palace would be an option? as galling as that would be
  • shine166 said:

Richard Cawley
    ·
    3m

That's the EFL cup right? So basically U21 anyway and even if Cambridge put out a strong side it doesn't really matter
  • So, how many are we expecting before the window closes? 

Could the Board backing Nathan include paying up Fraser’s contract to enable a free transfer which may be more affordable to suitors? Hope so!

I am hoping we see a further 3, possibly 4 dependent upon where Edwards is at. LCB (Potts), keeper and CAM bare minimum. If Taylor is released, another CDM/CM option too, but must be missing something as think that lad looks pretty decent IMHO.
  • fenaddick said:
    shine166 said:

Richard Cawley
    ·
    3m

That's the EFL cup right? So basically U21 anyway and even if Cambridge put out a strong side it doesn't really matter
    No, proper U21 games 
  • Sponsored links:

• From the snippets coming out of Sparrows, the lad sounds very exciting. Definitely something we currently don’t have. Electric pace and bags of tricks. I still wonder if Jones is the type of manager that sees much benefit in a player that is a bit of a wild card. I’m guessing even if the work permit gets sorted it’ll be a couple of months before NJ integrates him into options for team selection. I suspect he’ll want to drill him in the Jones way. 
  • From the snippets coming out of Sparrows, the lad sounds very exciting. Definitely something we currently don’t have. Electric pace and bags of tricks. I still wonder if Jones is the type of manager that sees much benefit in a player that is a bit of a wild card. I’m guessing even if the work permit gets sorted it’ll be a couple of months before NJ integrates him into options for team selection. I suspect he’ll want to drill him in the Jones way. 
    I feel like that is what he was doing with Campbell for the last few months of last season. He seems stronger and more disciplined in his performances now.

Unless he is Rak Sakyi good, I definitely would think he’ll be integrated slowly with some u21 games and EFL trophy games.

I know some people think ths EFL trophy is a waste of time but for me it really does have a purpose in integrating youth players and fringe players into the first team squad.
  • Id like for us to spend some of the transfer money on new bar staff for the covered end, abysmal on Saturday
    Rich Cawley's your man for bar staff gossip.
  • So, how many are we expecting before the window closes? 

Could the Board backing Nathan include paying up Fraser’s contract to enable a free transfer which may be more affordable to suitors? Hope so!

I am hoping we see a further 3, possibly 4 dependent upon where Edwards is at. LCB (Potts), keeper and CAM bare minimum. If Taylor is released, another CDM/CM option too, but must be missing something as think that lad looks pretty decent IMHO.
    Not sure how that frees up more funds for Nathan ? unless he agrees to less than he is owed. May as well just keep him if no one wants him permanently or even on a fraction of his salary on loan ?
  • The U21’s play away at Barnsley tomorrow with a 2pm kick off. I don’t know where, but wouldn’t it be great if there was a stream to watch?
  • Is Potts still with us, haven’t seen his name anywhere?
  • Is there any word on the trialist who scored for the U21’s the other day? Was it Dixon?
  • mart77 said:
    Is there any word on the trialist who scored for the U21’s the other day? Was it Dixon?
    Wasn’t Dixon
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    Is there any word on the trialist who scored for the U21’s the other day? Was it Dixon?
    Wasn’t Dixon
    Hylton?
  • shine166 said:

Richard Cawley
    ·
    3m

It's the micky mouse cup thing we are in, not too dissimilar 
  • mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    Wasn’t Dixon
    Hylton?
    I think that link has gone quiet.
  • Someone has said on another forum that he’s heard we’ll sign Begovic once 1 or 2 leave.
  • mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    Wasn’t Dixon
    Hylton?
    Don't think he was ever going to sign for us. Just making up the numbers for pre-season
  • fenaddick said:
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    Wasn’t Dixon
    Hylton?
    Don't think he was ever going to sign for us. Just making up the numbers for pre-season
    I think there was more to it than that.
  • Where's Dixon going to play?
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Richard Cawley
    ·
    3m

It's the micky mouse cup thing we are in, not too dissimilar 
    The Michael Appleton Cup?
  • fenaddick said:
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    Wasn’t Dixon
    Hylton?
    He was at the club start of last week  gentlemen’s agreement if he finds a club then fine and we’ll register him to play if needed but in the meantime keeping fit 
  • fenaddick said:
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    Wasn’t Dixon
    Hylton?
    I think there was more to it than that.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!