Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Richard J said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Fleck is a free agent indeed , would be an interesting one - plenty of experience at Championship and above but a fair few injuries too.

Speaking of Scottish midfielders , I wonder if NJ could go back to Luton for Allan Campbell? I know Luton have a bit of an injury crisis so maybe one for late in the window.

My source was a random stranger so maybe nothing in it , but I thought it was worth sharing.
    Someone on Twitter claims he’s ready to sign as soon as someone else leaves, I would imagine that was lifted and embellished from here though 
  • Got to be honest, I am somewhat underwhelmed so far. We have bought in 7 new players after finishing in our worst league position for 96 years last season and losing 3 of our best players in CBT, May and Dobson.
    To put that into perspective Bolton who narrowly missed promotion have bought in 8 players so more than us.
    Yes, I know we bought in 7 in January, but 3 (Ward, Bakinson, Fiorini) have gone and one (Gillesphy) just isn't that good.
    NJ said this summer would be a huge rebuild as he wanted the squad in a position where we would only tinker in future windows; it doesn't feel like that when we have bought in less than most other teams in L1 have. 
    Meanwhile Small, Mitchell, Jones and Leaburn are in the final 12 months of their contracts and we are stuck with a number of players we don't want.
    The squad for me looks ok and workmanlike but severely lacking in real quality.
     I hope to be proved wrong.
    CBT and Dobson not missed they are were seen as very good players within the Charlton fan base , but not by the wider football  world … what we brought in is quality and not deadwood like before .. players contacts are not a concern this early in the season.. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Richard J said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Fleck is a free agent indeed , would be an interesting one - plenty of experience at Championship and above but a fair few injuries too.

Speaking of Scottish midfielders , I wonder if NJ could go back to Luton for Allan Campbell? I know Luton have a bit of an injury crisis so maybe one for late in the window.

My source was a random stranger so maybe nothing in it , but I thought it was worth sharing.
    Someone on Twitter claims he’s ready to sign as soon as someone else leaves, I would imagine that was lifted and embellished from here though 
    That was actually what I was told.

• PopIcon said:
    Got to be honest, I am somewhat underwhelmed so far. We have bought in 7 new players after finishing in our worst league position for 96 years last season and losing 3 of our best players in CBT, May and Dobson.
    To put that into perspective Bolton who narrowly missed promotion have bought in 8 players so more than us.
    Yes, I know we bought in 7 in January, but 3 (Ward, Bakinson, Fiorini) have gone and one (Gillesphy) just isn't that good.
    NJ said this summer would be a huge rebuild as he wanted the squad in a position where we would only tinker in future windows; it doesn't feel like that when we have bought in less than most other teams in L1 have. 
    Meanwhile Small, Mitchell, Jones and Leaburn are in the final 12 months of their contracts and we are stuck with a number of players we don't want.
    CBT and Dobson not missed they are were seen as very good players within the Charlton fan base , but not by the wider football  world … what we brought in is quality and not deadwood like before .. players contacts are not a concern this early in the season.. 
    Not true.

CBT signed for Derby, the last time i looked they were a Championship team. 

Phil Parkinson tried to sign Dobson last year. 
    He might have signed for Derby but how often does he play?
  • PopIcon said:
    Got to be honest, I am somewhat underwhelmed so far. We have bought in 7 new players after finishing in our worst league position for 96 years last season and losing 3 of our best players in CBT, May and Dobson.
    Not true.

Got injured in preseason 
  • PopIcon said:
    Not true.

Derby fans want him sent back … the manager was planning to play him
    as a wing back !!!!
  • PopIcon said:
    Not true.

So why in January did Dobson not have one club interested only some Hungarian outfit 
  • He didn’t just have one club interested, he had one club that were going to pay him close to what he thought he was worth. 
  • Am I right in saying we have no loan players or am I missing someone? I would be shocked if none came in. One or two real quality additions on loan by the end of the window I thinks the plan
  • Sponsored links:

• MeerKat said:
    Am I right in saying we have no loan players or am I missing someone? I would be shocked if none came in. One or two real quality additions on loan by the end of the window I thinks the plan
    It wouldn't be THAT shocking as Jones isn't a massive fan of the loan system. Not that it won't be used if needed, the Arsenal GK was apparently set to be a loan, but permanent business seems to much preferred 
  • MeerKat said:
    Am I right in saying we have no loan players or am I missing someone? I would be shocked if none came in. One or two real quality additions on loan by the end of the window I thinks the plan
    NJ has stated before that he is not a fan of the loan system because he sees no point in developing and coaching young players for other clubs benefit. However he may have to change his thinking to get someone from a higher division. 
  • sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Not true.

Got injured in preseason 
    Was he also injured after he left us last season?
  • edited August 18
    PopIcon said:
    Not true.

So why in January did Dobson not have one club interested only some Hungarian outfit 

🥱
  • thenewbie said:
    MeerKat said:
    It wouldn't be THAT shocking as Jones isn't a massive fan of the loan system. Not that it won't be used if needed, the Arsenal GK was apparently set to be a loan, but permanent business seems to much preferred 

Shocked was probably the wrong phrase. But I think it would be silly not to use loans to get talent that you otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. And I think that is the Jones plan. I think people really want us to get a bit more creativity in the centre of the park, and to get that on a permanent at this level is extremely difficult, and I can see the final piece of the puzzle being a high quality loan or two. That in itself is a massive improvement over previous seasons, where half the team is loans and in vital positions. I guess we will see over the next few weeks. Teams looking good though at the minute.
  • I would prefer Campbell to Fleck on age along but the Luton fans love him on their blogs. They say he's a beast of a player and chases everything... Probably won't happen but nice if it did. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Nothing new but Dixon sharing the result on Instagram Pavoren007 said:
    I'm quite excited to see Dixon and what he can do for us , hopefully a Jes Rak Saki type player
  • Sponsored links:

• Newcastle or villa best fits I think
  • Newcastle makes the most sense with their pursuit of Guehi seemingly not working out with the Nigels wanting £65m+. Gomez for £50m with his ability to play anywhere across the backline feels like the better deal. 

Nice 10% sell on at least would be very very welcome. 
  • jams said:
    Newcastle or villa best fits I think
    In this country. It depends who is interested abroad
  • Gomez & Lookman both going would be lovely 
    Surely we don’t get anything for Lookman 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Gomez & Lookman both going would be lovely 
    Surely we don’t get anything for Lookman 
    We get solidarity payments because we trained him before he hit 23, Swisdom has worked out how much on the Lookman thread. The biggest thing is that Waterloo will get a decent chunk of change which will be amazing for them
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!