Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I thought we was looking for a new number one.
    No way is he that,  in fact if he signed he would be number 3 in the pecking order 

Maybe with the start Will has made and otther areas of the squad needing players the goal posts (sorry) have been moved and Jones feels wages saved on a clear number one that was the target before can be used elsewhere. I tend to agree. 
    If that was the case wouldn't we just stick with what we have and add an emergency loan if needed? Not sure we'd need Marosi as sub keeper when AMB can do that. 
  • I think Mannion could consider himself hard done by if he was dropped for a new keeper coming in, unless the keeper was a very experienced decent keeper. I doubt we are going to find one now so I would rather keep Mannion and use the funds elsewhere on the pitch
  • Yeah I'm not entirely sure why we'd be looking at Marosi when we have AMB as a backup. Not someone I've especially rated when he's played against us before. 
  • Do we actually know it was Marosi?
  • Said before and I'll say it again, Marosi would be a dogshit signing
  • Wolves want Ramsdale on a season loan from Arsenal with option to buy, do Wolves have any decent goalkeepers?
  • So the idea seems to be...someone get's themselves a new keeper, and we go in picking up the dross...great
  • edited August 20
    Dansk_Red said:
    Wolves want Ramsdale on a season loan from Arsenal with option to buy, do Wolves have any decent goalkeepers?

Tom King their third choice could be an option. Started out at Millwall before being a regular for Newport and Northampton. Welsh international too. 

Also scored for Newport with a goal kick. 
  • Talal said:
    I thought we was looking for a new number one.
    No way is he that,  in fact if he signed he would be number 3 in the pecking order 

Maybe with the start Will has made and otther areas of the squad needing players the goal posts (sorry) have been moved and Jones feels wages saved on a clear number one that was the target before can be used elsewhere. I tend to agree. 
    If that was the case wouldn't we just stick with what we have and add an emergency loan if needed? Not sure we'd need Marosi as sub keeper when AMB can do that. 
    Jones always has 3 senior keepers 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Wolves want Ramsdale on a season loan from Arsenal with option to buy, do Wolves have any decent goalkeepers?
    I instantly thought of Carl Ikeme. I remember Charlton picked him up on a short term loan from Wolves about 15 years ago for a few games. Can’t remember any of them though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dixon will be on the bench vs Bolton.

You will be Gisappointed if you genuinely believe that !
  • edited August 20
    MarcusH26 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

Tom King their third choice could be an option. Started out at Millwall before being a regular for Newport and Northampton. Welsh international too. 

Would Bentley be a potential option? I thought I heard a few weeks ago that Arsenal wanted him as their own third choice, probably to satisfy homegrown player rules eg Scott Carson at Man City but I don’t know whether that’s still on the table for them or not.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

Would Bentley be a potential option? I thought I heard a few weeks ago that Arsenal wanted him as their own third choice, probably to satisfy homegrown player rules eg Scott Carson at Man City.

Dan Bentley could be an option but I would think he could get a championship club still , I will have to check what Wolves's situation is with homegrown players as they might keep him for similar reasons. 
  • I remember Marosi letting in a dodgy goal in the play-offs vs Donny, and he's never really impressed me. Thought he was very good away at Shrewsbury last season, as was Isted. Two goalkeepers man of the match both teams.

I rate him higher than AMB though tbh, if I had the choice between Marosi and AMB it's a no-brainer. Marosi is more experienced and has a promotion under his belt. Was in the team of the year when Coventry went up. 

A very meh signing, would like to think we could do better. 
  • I remember Marosi letting in a dodgy goal in the play-offs vs Donny, and he's never really impressed me. Thought he was very good away at Shrewsbury last season, as was Isted. Two goalkeepers man of the match both teams.

I rate him higher than AMB though tbh, if I had the choice between Marosi and AMB it's a no-brainer. Marosi is more experienced and has a promotion under his belt. Was in the team of the year when Coventry went up. 

It feels rare that rare our opinions align, but I’m totally with you on this.

Does he excite me, no, would he be my choice for number 1, no. 

Is he a better number 2 than AMB - certainly.

It feels rare that rare our opinions align, but I’m totally with you on this.

Does he excite me, no, would he be my choice for number 1, no. 

Is he a better number 2 than AMB - certainly.

;) 
  • Gawd, let’s see what happens instead of this massive overreaction for someone having a trial game 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Ramesdale?
  • Don't see an issue with Marosi signing as a back up. I personally quite like the look of Mannion, so would rather the money is spent on an Attacking Midfielder.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 20
    MarcusH26 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

He'd be our joint top scorer.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

Have they changed the rules ? Could never score from a goal kick previously.
  • Honestly I'd rather we developed Ash and waited for another option even if that meant working on something longer term until Jan personally 
    Will AMB develop by sitting on the bench? We need to either sell him or loan him out if we still hold out hope for him, for the good of his career 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    On Dixon, I am told the paperwork is now done, and the announce of the official transfer will be this week.

There is also another midfielder that is very close. 
    Do you rate the player?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

Have they changed the rules ? Could never score from a goal kick previously.
    How old are you Captain? Rule changed in 1997! 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

Would Bentley be a potential option? I thought I heard a few weeks ago that Arsenal wanted him as their own third choice, probably to satisfy homegrown player rules eg Scott Carson at Man City but I don’t know whether that’s still on the table for them or not.
    Don’t think they’re affected by home grown, just wanted a third choice to replace Hein. You’re right that it seems to have gone quiet. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!