Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Massive pinch of salt Facebook rumour, for those hungry for one.

Who dat?
    Attacking midfielder/winger released by Oxford. Been linked with us in the past and has had a few bad injuries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Browne_(footballer)
    From the description he could have been one of the under21 trialists yesterday.
    was playing for the pfa yesterday at Cambridge 

Seeing the players in the PFA squad it makes you realize how footballers can go from Hero to Zero and the mega wage cut many of those players will need to do, to get even a short term contract.
    Michael Hector's not in high demand?
  • The Marcus Browne rumour feels like a crossing of wires with the Marcus McGuane link who was also at Oxford last season 
  • edited August 28
    The Marcus Browne rumour feels like a crossing of wires with the Marcus McGuane link who was also at Oxford last season 

Looks like there's some truth to it
  • edited August 28
    sam3110 said:
    Rylah was incredibly out of his depth a few months ago in League 1, albeit under a different manager playing a different system. Would have to substantially improve to be considered anytime soon IMO 
    He was but that was under Appleton who as we know destroyed TCs confidence. A year can be a long time for a player of that age.

Much easier to be eased into a team playing well by coming off the bench, in a proper system under a manager who gives players confidence rather than being thrown in to start games in the hope something clicks.

All I’m saying is I think he’s potentially as big a prospect as Mbick and Casey who get talked about a lot more. I wouldn’t assume they’d be next in line as Rylah could be a more natural replacement in the role Campbell is playing, where he needs to run the channels and take players on.

Dixon is of course another option, it’ll be interesting to see how they all progress over the next year.
  • Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Massive pinch of salt Facebook rumour, for those hungry for one.

Who dat?
    Attacking midfielder/winger released by Oxford. Been linked with us in the past and has had a few bad injuries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Browne_(footballer)
    From the description he could have been one of the under21 trialists yesterday.
    No, he wasn't
  • fenaddick said:
    The Marcus Browne rumour feels like a crossing of wires with the Marcus McGuane link who was also at Oxford last season 

The account doesn’t seem to be a windup either 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    fenaddick said:

788 followers
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    fenaddick said:

788 followers
    I know but their other posts have been genuine, who knows
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    fenaddick said:

788 followers
    Yeah but he's not your usual making up stuff type account. Got Nelson Abbey & Freddie Potts moves right in the last week and he doesn't constantly talk about transfers. Seems like someone trying to get his career off the ground to me
  • Sponsored links:

• For me we need a LCB, I'm pretty happy with everything else we have, LCB is the only place I feel we are light and I'm not confident on Macca in that spot  I'd quite like Potts in. We have 6 strikers on our books if we are including TC, Kanu, Leaburn, Godden, Aneke and Ahadme
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    For me we need a LCB, I'm pretty happy with everything else we have, LCB is the only place I feel we are light and I'm not confident on Macca in that spot  I'd quite like Potts in. We have 6 strikers on our books if we are including TC, Kanu, Leaburn, Godden, Aneke and Ahadme
    And Dixon
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    For me we need a LCB, I'm pretty happy with everything else we have, LCB is the only place I feel we are light and I'm not confident on Macca in that spot  I'd quite like Potts in. We have 6 strikers on our books if we are including TC, Kanu, Leaburn, Godden, Aneke and Ahadme
    And Dixon
    As reported elsewhere Potts had joined Pompey…..that’s assuming it’s the same Potts.
  • edited August 28
    CAFCDAZ said:
    And Dixon
    As reported elsewhere Potts had joined Pompey…..that’s assuming it’s the same Potts.
    Freddie Potts has joined Pompey and is the younger brother of Dan Potts who has been involved in our pre-season
  • Browne seemed be a name that was linked every window a couple of years back , not sure if he's what we need now with his injury record. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    And Dixon
    Different Potts
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Browne seemed be a name that was linked every window a couple of years back , not sure if he's what we need now with his injury record. 
    He also doesn't really suit our system so would be a bench option for a change of shape, feel like maybe our name has been thrown out there to try and help negotiations elsewhere
  • edited August 28
    If one of our trialists yesterday was Timmy Abrahams, I can see both Mbick and Casey going on loan. TBH I can see the former coming off the bench for, say Millwall.

Disappointed to see Tolu Ladapo still hasn't got a gig, something creative about him, not sure why we let him go. Attitude?

Interesting that Kai Enslin is coming into the frame as a left sided defender, previously MF or winger so must have pace, comfortable on the ball, soon to be 19.
  • Sponsored links:

• If one of our trialists yesterday was Timmy Abrahams, I can see both Mbick and Casey going on loan. TBH I can see the former coming off the bench for, say Millwall.

Disappointed to see Tolu Ladapo still hasn't got a gig, something creative about him, not sure why we let him go. Attitude?

Interesting that Kai Enslin is coming into the frame as a left sided defender, previously MF or winger so must have pace, soon to be 19.
    He currently at Boreham Wood and started his career at Charlton 
  • If one of our trialists yesterday was Timmy Abrahams, I can see both Mbick and Casey going on loan. TBH I can see the former coming off the bench for, say Millwall.

Interesting that Kai Enslin is coming into the frame as a left sided defender, previously MF or winger so must have pace, soon to be 19.
    He currently at Boreham Wood and started his career at Charlton 
    He joined Tonbridge Angels this summer, where Scott Wagstaff is captain, still National League South.
  • Tonbridge also played on Monday night and he featured albeit for only a minute, so no chance he was then turning out for our unders on a Tuesday afternoon
  • edited August 28
    Yes I knew all that, but another 40+ goals for Micah and Pat at U21 are not going to help their career. Will Tonbridge pay better than our youth? But given he is 23, it does seem unlikely. 

However, loans for our two hot-shots must be nailed on.
  • They are only 17 and 18 respectively. Whilst they've scored goals for fun so far, lhey can still learn an awful lot at this level, under a coach in Lock that has recently been given a role in the England youth set up. 
  • Barnsley are trying to get Davis Keillor-Dunn from Mansfield. If it happens then I think Fraser will be a target for them, he’s worked well with Clough before. 

In a dream scenario, we should bid for Keillor-Dunn and steal him from Barnsley, and chuck Fraser in as part of the deal 
  • Mbick played mostly for the under 18's last season. I'd be surprised if he went out on loan. He can still learn a lot with a season in the under 21's and maybe a couple of sub appearances in the BSM. 

Casey going out on loan would surprise me less. Of the 2 personally I think Mbick has the higher ceiling, but plenty of time for both to develop.
  • HTD is an interesting one, spent his academy career in Man City and then Arsenal but has been injured for a lot of it including a nasty ACL tear last summer. 

Reid is a Brighton academy player

I know nothing of Adepoju
  • sam3110 said:

I know nothing of Adepoju
    MK Dons

Reid was an England youth keeper. From Hastings

HTD is a Bromley boy
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!