Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Random, probably made up, rumour of the day.

• Options
    Wouldn't put much credit in that specific account/rumour, but extra goals from midfield is certainly something we probably need more of. 
  • Options
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Even in our own history you look at the impact and importance that Wiggins had in Powells promotion season and its underestimated how much fullbacks can really make or break formations/teams
    And our POTY that season was Chris Solly
  • Options
    Wonder if we'll see an upgrade on Tennai Watson come in on the right hand side to compete with Ramsey? Watson seems like a very middle of the road midtable L1 RB and if Jones is upgrading on the left with Edwards joining Small , I wonder if the same will happen on the right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wonder if we'll see an upgrade on Tennai Watson come in on the right hand side to compete with Ramsey? Watson seems like a very middle of the road midtable L1 RB and if Jones is upgrading on the left with Edwards joining Small , I wonder if the same will happen on the right. 
    Why Watson been one of the most improved players and gets his place on merit 
  • Options
    edited May 30
    MarcusH26 said:
    Why Watson been one of the most improved players and gets his place on merit 
    He got his place last season based on options available to Nathan, that's about it really...
  • Options
    Todays the day, I can feel it in my water.
    That's your enlarged prostate ...
  • Options
    Arsenal's 19-year-old attacker Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell with Charlton

Taken from an Arsenal Twitter account 
  • Options
    Managed 2 appearances on loan at Swansea last season. I would be surprised given he would be a gamble and Jones doesn't really want loanees.  
    I often think that young lads often (obvs not always) do better in their second loan spells though (see Cullen for example).
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Even in our own history you look at the impact and importance that Wiggins had in Powells promotion season and its underestimated how much fullbacks can really make or break formations/teams
    And our POTY that season was Chris Solly
    Quite right, I didn't mention him as we didn't actually sign him but he was indeed very influential.
  • Options
    edited May 30
    thenewbie said:
    If there aren’t 11 of your players on the field, you’ve got problems.
  • Options
    Even if loans are not going to be used as much under Jones as was previously, I would still like the club to have close and ongoing relationships for loans, particularly the London Premier League clubs. We need to be continued to be seen as a safe pair of hands for their young prospects. We don’t want to be on their back burner.
    Sure if he is another Rak Saki that would be good. However, we have Henry Rylah who looks promising with the same level of league experience, ie next to none. Encouraging our own youth should be where we start.
  • Options
    Arsenal's 19-year-old attacker Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell with Charlton

https://www.onlinegooner.com/articles/view/arsenal-attacker-set-for-charlton-loan-spell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

https://www.onlinegooner.com/articles/view/arsenal-attacker-set-for-charlton-loan-spell
    quite like the idea of this, know he’s well thought of. would mean 2 very young wingers for us but JRS was good despite his age 
  • Options
    I could see something in this one, as we're unlikely to be playing with wingers we're not going to be spending much money on them so a loan or 2 seems sensible. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    If there aren’t 11 of your players on the field, you’ve got problems.
    Well sure. But in the formations that Jones likes your going to be a lot more successful with the likes of Ramsay and Small than Matthews or Gunter. Get the fullbacks right or wrong and it can decide how attacking you can be.
  • Options

We have 2 young striker's of a similar age who both scored over 40 goals last season so I doubt we will be after  Sagoe.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    You think these rumours are rubbish…then you see he played for Luton under NJ and you think…maybe?

If I wanted to create a credible sounding rumour, the first thing would be to look at players who played for Luton under NJ  ;)
  • Options

We have 2 young striker's of a similar age who both scored over 40 goals last season so I doubt we will be after  Sagoe.
    Neither of whom would I expect to be not out on loan next season.
  • Options
    edited May 30
    nagAddick said:
    I remember seeing a picture on Leaburn’s Instagram story a few weeks ago wear he’s wearing boots in the changing room indicating he’s at least doing running. Surely wouldn’t be October if he’s been back out on the grass now.

I believe October is the date after Miles gets over the injury he suffers after playing 45 minutes against Welling; Déjà Vu.
  • Options

Taken from an Arsenal Twitter account the Plymouth Herald

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    John Humphrey, Mark Reid, Luke Young.