Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    Now that I would love. Would be amazed if he’s not in the championship next season though 🙄
  • Can't wait to see us try and turn Dembele into a RWB 
  • Dembele is a very exciting player but would probably only fit in an NJ side as a No10 and I don't trust the source at all. 
  • edited May 29
    Miles Leaburn is spending the summer at St George's Park continuing his rehab all summer.

No idea on when he might be back but the injury was a bit more than a hamstring.
    Had Gabriel Brenner in my cab around 3 weeks ago, said he was 90% there. 
    Missed a huge opportunity to invent a rumour there, could have at least said he confirmed Kevin Denkey has signed 
    No rumours however he did promise we’d have a team to be proud of, let’s wait and see . 
    The important question is, Was he a big tipper?...💲💲💲
  • Scoham said:
    First batch of new signings announced. Some much needed experience to support our young players.

https://x.com/CAFCofficial/status/1795787422770581708
    Send Lisbie straight into the first team...👍

I reckon Super Kev could still do a job. The man never ages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dembele would be exciting but 1. dodgy Twitter account that puts out rumours on an hourly basis & 2. would surely be a loan which we know Nathan Jones isn’t keen on.

Can’t see anything in this one unfortunately.
    If he was available to us (I highly doubt he is, especially this early in the window), I think Dembele is the calibre of player that Jones would make an exception on. But I do share your scepticism 
  • Miles Leaburn is spending the summer at St George's Park continuing his rehab all summer.

No idea on when he might be back but the injury was a bit more than a hamstring.
    Missed a huge opportunity to invent a rumour there, could have at least said he confirmed Kevin Denkey has signed 
    No rumours however he did promise we’d have a team to be proud of, let’s wait and see . 
    Couple of quid on a £12 fare, not to bad 🤣. He and his wife seemed very nice tbh, she was very excited that a Charlton supporting  taxi driver had picked them up. 
    Skinflint...🙄
  • Gillis said:
    Scoham said:
    First batch of new signings announced. Some much needed experience to support our young players.

19 goals in ten years 
    He hardly ever scored either 
  • Gillis said:
    Scoham said:

19 goals in ten years 
    He hardly ever scored either 

Still getting free drinks on the back of "That Hat Trick" against Liverpool, great character...
  • Rotherham have signed 6 (six) players so far 
  • redbuttle said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Rotherham have signed 6 (six) players so far 
    So what
    Anti-Nowhere League.
  • Why do some of us become so embroiled with what is happening with other clubs regarding transfers, if you need to, try the specific thread set up for the sole purpose thereof...
    What has it got to do with this thread...
  • Why do some of us become so embroiled with what is happening with other clubs regarding transfers, if you need to, try the specific thread set up for the sole purpose thereof...

Could probably be said about 95% of what is written in this thread.. including both of our posts! 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

The ambassadors at Ballerz are Rio Ferdinand, Mark Noble, Bobby Zamora and Roberto Carlos.

The only time Bobby Zamore and Roberto Carlos have ever been mentioned in the same sentence.

Could probably be said about 95% of what is written in this thread.. including both of our posts! 😀
    Touché...
  • Miles Leaburn is spending the summer at St George's Park continuing his rehab all summer.

Couple of quid on a £12 fare, not to bad 🤣. He and his wife seemed very nice tbh, she was very excited that a Charlton supporting  taxi driver had picked them up. 
    Skinflint...🙄
    Saving it for the transfer budget.
  • Local Fife paper seem adamant that there’s no accepted bid for Edwards yet.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4995417/bristol-rovers-charlton-athletic-dunfermline-josh-edwards/

Barnsley had an offer rejected during the January transfer window and Charlton have so far been knocked back with a bid since the end of the season.

Reports south of the border have indicated the Addicks are keen to strike a deal before the end of this week.

But it is understood there has so far been no progress since the terms of the initial approach were knocked back by the Dunfermline hierarchy.”

• There once was a rumour at Charlton
    We'd signed someone great, "it's for certain"
    Turned out it was nowt 
    And not worth a shout
    And the whole thing went for a Burton...😉

Sorry I was bored...🥱
    A poet who did not know it B)
  • At least we will have not spent a fortune should he sign, and not make a dent in our summer transfer kitty.
  • Local Fife paper seem adamant that there’s no accepted bid for Edwards yet.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4995417/bristol-rovers-charlton-athletic-dunfermline-josh-edwards/

Barnsley had an offer rejected during the January transfer window and Charlton have so far been knocked back with a bid since the end of the season.

Reports south of the border have indicated the Addicks are keen to strike a deal before the end of this week.

But it is understood there has so far been no progress since the terms of the initial approach were knocked back by the Dunfermline hierarchy.”

It would suggest that nobody else is in for him so leaving our offer on the table makes sense. We can always up the offer if they do and IF we think he is worth it. 
    We may also put in a take it or leave it offer this week.
    In Jones the Baptist we trust.

• Todays the day, I can feel it in my water.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!