Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Not heard anything regarding Brendan Wiredu since he was seen at the training ground.

I hope he is another one to add to the list.
    Is it not reasonably common for former academy players to visit the training ground? Could just have been that 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Not heard anything regarding Brendan Wiredu since he was seen at the training ground.

Is it not reasonably common for former academy players to visit the training ground? Could just have been that 
    Could be, though he does fit the profile of an NJ player with work rate and physicality.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:

Could well have been.
  • Options
    edited May 29
    NabySarr said:

Could well have been.
    I’m pretty sure on Cawley’s pod, he ruled out Wiredu. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:

Could well have been.
    I’m pretty sure on Cawley’s pod, he ruled out Wiredu. 

Yeah I seem to remember Cawley ruled him out as a target. Am pleased we're really targeting CM as a position of need though because it's badly badly needed. 
  • Options
    If we don't see any signings in the door this week, at what point in June do we start panicking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a friend who browses the other place who said they were told potentially Berry before weekend but WIOTOS
  • Options
    I doubt we’ll land Sonny Bradley. Derby don’t seem keen and if he leaves I’m guessing it could well be late in the window which might mean we are forced to look elsewhere. Right type of player though.
  • Options
    If we don't see any signings in the door this week, at what point in June do we start panicking?
    You mean to say that at some point we stopped? I hadn't noticed.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    thenewbie said:
    seth plum said:
    Or a Dobson like player even.
    Even aside the (considerable) merits of his actual ability, Dobson leaving does seem to leave us a gap in terms of proven leaders on the pitch. May is probably the next choice but I'd personally be happier with a proper midfield general type or a commanding defender as I do feel they tend to be more influential over the course of 90 minute games.
    If I'm honest Dobson wasn't a proven leader himself, I think we need a proper vocal captain. Sonny Bradley is certainly one of those. 
    Dobson wasnt particularly vocal I agree but he was at least something of a lead by example type who'd try and raise a game that was a bit flat.

The rumoured signing of Berry makes me think he's at least in part intended/hopes to be Jones' lieutenant of sorts.
  • Options
    I doubt we’ll land Sonny Bradley. Derby don’t seem keen and if he leaves I’m guessing it could well be late in the window which might mean we are forced to look elsewhere. Right type of player though.
    I imagine we'll keep an eye on his situation and he's on a hypothetical shopping list but we (hopefully) have alternatives lined up if it doesn't work out.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    I have a friend who browses the other place who said they were told potentially Berry before weekend but WIOTOS
    I think we might get Berry, in a squeeze.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    I think we might get Berry, in a squeeze.
    Juicy bit of gossip there 🍓🫐
  • Options
    We'll probably get it through here, or via. Cawley first ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    I wonder if this is just a general marketing message or if we're primed to announce something regarding incomings soon? 
  • Options
    Seems a bit odd to just randomly post as an article if something isn't coming in the next 24/48 hours 
  • Options
    My top two targets would be Christian Walton and Alex Mitcvhell.
    Apart his age, I'd be happy with Luke Berry. Despite Cawley dismissing Wiredu, I think he would be a great signing as he can cover so many positions.

Obviously need another forward, especially if Leaburn is out until October. I dont think that man is Bair, not enough bullying from a big man. Hard to see a lower league striker who can push a learning and growing Kanu to the bench. Perhaps look abroad. It will be interesting to see how big Mbick is after the summer break. I think by 20yo he will be better than Miles.
    Where has leaburn out until October come from? I’ve only been skim reading threads rwcently
  • Options
    I didn’t even know we had a club app, is this a new thing, or just not promoted very well?
  • Options
    My top two targets would be Christian Walton and Alex Mitcvhell.
    Apart his age, I'd be happy with Luke Berry. Despite Cawley dismissing Wiredu, I think he would be a great signing as he can cover so many positions.

Obviously need another forward, especially if Leaburn is out until October. I dont think that man is Bair, not enough bullying from a big man. Hard to see a lower league striker who can push a learning and growing Kanu to the bench. Perhaps look abroad. It will be interesting to see how big Mbick is after the summer break. I think by 20yo he will be better than Miles.
    Where has leaburn out until October come from? I’ve only been skim reading threads rwcently
    I’ve seen that mentioned on one of the Facebook groups recently but it wasn’t clear where they got it from.
  • Options
    I didn’t even know we had a club app, is this a new thing, or just not promoted very well?
    new
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    new
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/view/61bb1c777c682/new-app-and-club-website-set-for-2022
  • Options
    I remember seeing a picture on Leaburn’s Instagram story a few weeks ago wear he’s wearing boots in the changing room indicating he’s at least doing running. Surely wouldn’t be October if he’s been back out on the grass now.