Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Could be a WUM but a Peter Booker asked to participate in the CAFC International fans FB page and he states he’s started as a performance analyst for us recently. Looking at his profile he’s worked with NJ at Luton.
    Anyone confirm?
    Good spot, his LinkedIn profile says he’s been our Head of Performance Analysis since January.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-booker-61b96438
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley have accepted an offer for Tommy Leigh from an unnamed L1 club according to Peter O'Rourke.
    Lincoln …
    Lincoln reporting it's not them.
    Lincoln had a bid turned down in January .. Burton was the other team linked 
    As I said …. Burton set to sign Tommy Leigh.

Interesting that John Coleman his former manager is in the frame for the Burton job!
  • Options
    Scott Fraser I've read is on £7,600 pw
    I'd have thought he could afford to get a decent builder in for his drum in Scotland.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I can see Fraser being the most difficult to shift because of his wages and desire to be in Scotland. 

Taylor I don't expect to actually go anywhere, I think he'll have a role to play 
    What exactly ARE Fraser's wages?
    I think he gets paid, once a month, probably digitally as most do these days.
    Nope i have it on good authority he gets a briefcase full of used notes delivered to him once a week
  • Options
    TEL said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I can see Fraser being the most difficult to shift because of his wages and desire to be in Scotland. 

Taylor I don't expect to actually go anywhere, I think he'll have a role to play 
    What exactly ARE Fraser's wages?
    One of the sites that showed wages said £6.5k pw and our highest earner. 
    That sounds about right but league one is so strange for pay, you will have some players on life changing money and some who are earning less than most of the crowd.
  • Options
    edited May 27
    Rumours must be very quiet, with all this interest in Fraser's spondoolies all of a sudden...😴😴
  • Options
    If we are looking at a LB, i see Matt Penney is still without a club ?
    That's understandable judging by his performances in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    One thing i will say in his defence, is what we saw of him as a player (and it wasnt good) can not be indicative of his ability as I would then genuinely question how he made it as a professional footballer to the age of circa 25/26. Something else must of been going on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    One thing i will say in his defence, is what we saw of him as a player (and it wasnt good) can not be indicative of his ability as I would then genuinely question how he made it as a professional footballer to the age of circa 25/26. Something else must of been going on. 
    He sort of isn't a professional footballer now. He made as many appearances as a professional footballer as I did in the 23/24 season and there doesn't seem to be a lot of noise about him getting a club in 24/25 either
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley have accepted an offer for Tommy Leigh from an unnamed L1 club according to Peter O'Rourke.
    Lincoln …

Interesting that John Coleman his former manager is in the frame for the Burton job!
    Conversation with yourself?  This should help.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/former-pompey-target-and-released-fratton-park-youngster-closing-in-on-near-ps100000-move-to-league-one-side-4642648
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    He sort of isn't a professional footballer now. He made as many appearances as a professional footballer as I did in the 23/24 season and there doesn't seem to be a lot of noise about him getting a club in 24/25 either
    Even still the point stands to be a professional footballer at the age he got to (if we say he is retired) there must of been something about him at some point. Players who arent good enough for this level usually get found out much quicker than that.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Lincoln …

Conversation with yourself?  This should help.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/former-pompey-target-and-released-fratton-park-youngster-closing-in-on-near-ps100000-move-to-league-one-side-4642648

Just one point here..."According to Alan Nixon"...🙄
  • Options

I’ve just quoted this bit because, like you, the rolled eyes 🙄 is exactly what I do when I see ‘Alan Nixon’ as the journo.
    Which made me think - is Alan Nixon as bad as I remember? My memory is that he was woefully inaccurate with pretty much anything he wrote about Charlton unless the story had already broken elsewhere. Is this true or is my view of him tainted by a couple of bad reports?
    I can’t help wondering if “Alan Nixon is a shit journalist” is a bit of a Mandela effect opinion for me (and others maybe?) Is he actually a respected journo? Does he get stuff right sometimes (or often?) Was my opinion clouded by the circumstances of Charlton’s ownership struggles at the time?

I don’t have an answer. Just wondering. 🙂
  • Options

I’ve just quoted this bit because, like you, the rolled eyes 🙄 is exactly what I do when I see ‘Alan Nixon’ as the journo.
    Which made me think - is Alan Nixon as bad as I remember? My memory is that he was woefully inaccurate with pretty much anything he wrote about Charlton unless the story had already broken elsewhere. Is this true or is my view of him tainted by a couple of bad reports?
    I can’t help wondering if “Alan Nixon is a shit journalist” is a bit of a Mandela effect opinion for me (and others maybe?) Is he actually a respected journo? Does he get stuff right sometimes (or often?) Was my opinion clouded by the circumstances of Charlton’s ownership struggles at the time?

I don’t have an answer. Just wondering. 🙂
    He's absolutely useless
  • Options
    Yeah this isn't just a Charlton thing with Nixon. He's universally disliked by most clubs for bad rumours, wouldn't be surprised if any takeover stuff from him was from TS though. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Even still the point stands to be a professional footballer at the age he got to (if we say he is retired) there must of been something about him at some point. Players who arent good enough for this level usually get found out much quicker than that.
    I see players fairly regularly at this level (often, though not always, wearing a red shirt) and think “I have no idea how he’s made it as a professional footballer”. I guess it’s a bit like that old adage, but slightly adapted - if you think about how bad an average League One footballer is, remember that half of them are worse than that. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:

Imagine this is bye bye Edun and a hurry up to Small
    Said this many times now, Nathan wants 2 first choice wb/fb both sides 😀
    Is it possible that Jones has an idea to play Small in a more advanced role something like a replacement for CBT only with a better engine and work ethic ?
    My guess is we'll look to move Edun on and Edwards will compete with Small for a starting spot. Jones has mainly used a 4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2 during his managerial career, both formations require full/wing backs with the legs to get up and down the pitch.
    Have said this multiple times 🤣
    Have read this multiple times. 🙂
  • Options
    edited May 28
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:

Imagine this is bye bye Edun and a hurry up to Small
    Said this many times now, Nathan wants 2 first choice wb/fb both sides 😀
    Is it possible that Jones has an idea to play Small in a more advanced role something like a replacement for CBT only with a better engine and work ethic ?
    My guess is we'll look to move Edun on and Edwards will compete with Small for a starting spot. Jones has mainly used a 4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2 during his managerial career, both formations require full/wing backs with the legs to get up and down the pitch.
    Have said this multiple times 🤣
    Have read this multiple times. 🙂
    Too much of an easy comeback for me here ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    😱😱😱😱😱 wtafElfsborgAddick said:
    I'd have thought he could afford to get a decent builder in for his drum in Scotland.
    seven and a half large he can buy a whole new house every fortnight in about three quarters of the country
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Sonny Bradley one of our top targets for CB but Derby not keen to let him go yet.
    He sounds perfect - will fit right in with our defence:

Derby County[edit]

On 7 July 2023, Bradley signed for Derby County on a free transfer.[39] Bradley made his debut in a 2–1 opening day home defeat against Wigan Athletic, in which his wayward backpass resulted in Wigan's opening goal.[40] After Derby lost two of the next three games, a 2–0 EFL Cup defeat to Blackpool and a 2–1 league defeat to Oxford, Bradley lost his place in the first team following criticism of his performances; Derby subsequently won the next two games. Bradley came on as a 17th-minute substitute away at Bolton, but, with Derby level at 1–1, again made a vital mistake which led to Derby keeper Joe Wildsmith being sent-off when trying to rescue the situation; Derby went on to lose 2–1.

not unless he's also injury prown.
  • Options
    edited May 28
    Can't recall noticing Bradley. Cashin was the standout CB in that team.