Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    https://x.com/Theo_Chand/status/1794670710297899010?t=Dah9cacByjjYaf0hZghcMA&s=19

"Believe #cafc have also enquired about Derby County defender Sonny Bradley, however #dcfc not willing to sanction a move this early on."

Have heard we were trying for Bradley a few weeks back. 

I was hoping we’d go for him last year when he was on a free. A real no nonsense leader. 
  • Options
    edited May 26
    cafcfan said:
    So, we have a few  rumours of some good sounding inwards in Edwards, Berry, and Mannion??. still no news on outgoings as yet...or have I missed any...
    Sounds like a firm of solicitors! 
    No c'mon, that's Mannion, Edwards & Berry...🙄

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    So, we have a few  rumours of some good sounding inwards in Edwards, Berry, and Mannion??. still no news on outgoings as yet...or have I missed any...
    Sounds like a firm of solicitors! 
    Am I right in thinking we're in for Dewey, Cheetham & Howe?

(If I had a pound for every time I've used that joke, I'd have somewhere in the neighbourhood of three pounds by now)
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    I wonder what the chances are of signing Darko Gyabi on loan from Leeds might be, local lad who was on loan at Plymouth back end of last season. Also mates with Karoy I believe. 
    I take it no one thinks that would be a good signing then, that or they don’t believe we’d have a chance signing him. Jones said he only wants to sign loan players that are an improvement on what we’ve got, Darko ticks those boxes. 
  • Options
    Are we signing him because he's good or just a mate of Karoy?
  • Options
    edited May 26
    iaitch said:
    Are we signing him because he's good or just a mate of Karoy?
    No rumors of actually signing him but I think he would be a decent addition.Joined Leeds as part of the Kalvin Phillips deal being valued at £5m at the time.Highly rated local lad who might benefit from being back near home. 
  • Options

• Options
    Accrington Stanley have accepted an offer for Tommy Leigh from an unnamed L1 club according to Peter O'Rourke.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    buckshee said:
    I wonder what the chances are of signing Darko Gyabi on loan from Leeds might be, local lad who was on loan at Plymouth back end of last season. Also mates with Karoy I believe. 
    I take it no one thinks that would be a good signing then, that or they don’t believe we’d have a chance signing him. Jones said he only wants to sign loan players that are an improvement on what we’ve got, Darko ticks those boxes. 
    He probably does but I imagine that we'll see several permanent signings before any loanees turn up. Once we know more about the general state and shape of the squad, that's when loans will be used to patch urgent cracks.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Accrington Stanley have accepted an offer for Tommy Leigh from an unnamed L1 club according to Peter O'Rourke.
    Going to Barnsley I believe.
  • Options
    Lincoln …
  • Options
    Charlton...and why not...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Lincoln …
    Lincoln reporting it's not them.
  • Options
    Lincoln …
    And what are Plymouth saying?
  • Options
    Lincoln …
    What would they know?
  • Options
    Lincoln …
    Lincoln had a bid turned down in January .. Burton was the other team linked 
  • Options
    @Sir Chrissy anything on the experienced pro goalkeeper we have lined up ?
  • Options
    edited May 26
    nagAddick said:
    John Ruddy being touted around on a few places.

As in a few people have said they have read his name somewhere or been told it.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    nagAddick said:

He's 37...know he played a lot of games last season, but can't see that he would be a good signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:
    nagAddick said:

He's 37...know he played a lot of games last season, but can't see that he would be a good signing.
    He’s been very good at the level above for the last 2 years. If they think they can get a couple of years out of him then that’d be a good signing 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:

Imagine this is bye bye Edun and a hurry up to Small
    Said this many times now, Nathan wants 2 first choice wb/fb both sides 😀
  • Options
    Few of Edwards goals here: https://x.com/officialdafc/status/1618669094655475713?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q

He signed a contract extension in January last year and the article mentions he worked hard on his game, has a lot in his game that FBs need as well as a long throw.

https://archive.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Josh_Edwards_signs_up_for_next_18_months&ID=14197

He was in the Scottish L1 team of the season in 22/23 and the Scottish Championship team of the year 2024.

https://x.com/spfl/status/1669354570986967047?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q

https://x.com/pfascotland/status/1781374755003645954?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q

He’s on Twitter/X here: https://x.com/josh2edwards_?s=21&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:

Is it possible that Jones has an idea to play Small in a more advanced role something like a replacement for CBT only with a better engine and work ethic ?
  • Options
    edited May 26
    Redhenry said:
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:

Is it possible that Jones has an idea to play Small in a more advanced role something like a replacement for CBT only with a better engine and work ethic ?
    Sounds like Small and Edwards are both capable of doing that
  • Options
    Normally I’d be saying we need 5-6 first teamers signed by the middle of June, if we are going to make a go of it, and get out of this poxy league.

However, I’m forgetting this year, is the year of the Euros, so am prepared to wait until after the Euros so we can sign the cream of the crop.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:

My guess is we'll look to move Edun on and Edwards will compete with Small for a starting spot. Jones has mainly used a 4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2 during his managerial career, both formations require full/wing backs with the legs to get up and down the pitch.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:

My guess is we'll look to move Edun on and Edwards will compete with Small for a starting spot. Jones has mainly used a 4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2 during his managerial career, both formations require full/wing backs with the legs to get up and down the pitch.
    Have said this multiple times 🤣
  • Options
    Could Jones play Small in front of Edwards. What I’ve seen of Small he’s capable of that especially with anther pacey wing back behind him.