Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Could Jones play Small in front of Edwards. What I’ve seen of Small he’s capable of that especially with anther pacey wing back behind him. 
    But Jones’ favoured formations (4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2) don’t play two players on each wing. Unless you want Small to play as a central midfielder.
  • Options
    Could Jones play Small in front of Edwards. What I’ve seen of Small he’s capable of that especially with anther pacey wing back behind him. 
    Probably could but I’d have thought if you want to play a formation with a FB and winger you’d sign a genuine winger.
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley have accepted an offer for Tommy Leigh from an unnamed L1 club according to Peter O'Rourke.
    Lincoln …
    Lincoln reporting it's not them.
    What would they know?
    What would anyone know?
  • Options
    But Jones’ favoured formations (4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2) don’t play two players on each wing. Unless you want Small to play as a central midfielder.
    No but you need cover and "game changers" as NJ calls them off the bench.
  • Options
    Of course - that’s how I’d want to use the pair of them. Trying to squeeze them both into the starting XI with one playing out of position isn’t the best idea though IMO.
  • Options
    Why does everyone seem to think we are going to be ditching a load of players under contract, some of which only joined last summer.

We had trouble getting rid of Kirk & only managed it by paying off his contract. Count in Fraser, Edun, Isted, Mcgrandells & Taylor then it's going to be an expensive summer.....and that's without paying for players coming IN. 

• Options
    Of course - that’s how I’d want to use the pair of them. Trying to squeeze them both into the starting XI with one playing out of position isn’t the best idea though IMO.
    I agree but I don't know enough about either player or how Jones wants to play to say if anyone is out of position.

I do know we need a deep squad to cover injuries, loss of form and suspensions and to overcome stubborn opponents.

Having two strong wingbacks either side will be key to the way Jones wants us to play. 
  • Options
    Why does everyone seem to think we are going to be ditching a load of players under contract, some of which only joined last summer.

We had trouble getting rid of Kirk & only managed it by paying off his contract. Count in Fraser, Edun, Isted, Mcgrandells & Taylor then it's going to be an expensive summer.....and that's without paying for players coming IN. 

Fraser, Edun, Isted and McGrandles all have just 12 months left on their contracts.  All should still attract L1 interest.  I can't see us getting any fees for them but if other clubs come in with 2-3 year contracts on ok L1 money they would be daft not to take them imo. More job security, same level etc.  whilst we pay ok I doubt any (apart from Fraser) are on silly money.
    Taylor still has 2 years left so may be more difficult to shift, assuming we want to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Accrington Stanley have accepted an offer for Tommy Leigh from an unnamed L1 club according to Peter O'Rourke.
    Could see him starring in a Jones line-up 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I can see Fraser being the most difficult to shift because of his wages and desire to be in Scotland. 

Taylor I don't expect to actually go anywhere, I think he'll have a role to play 
    He’ll be like a new signing. 

Dammit I should have seen that one coming 😅
  • Options
    Not a rumour, but last night I dreamt that Aaron Ramsey was unveiled as a new signing to considerable surprise and some complaining that he wasn’t the kind of signing we needed. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Not a rumour, but last night I dreamt that Aaron Ramsey was unveiled as a new signing to considerable surprise and some complaining that he wasn’t the kind of signing we needed. 
    Your unconscious has latched onto our past-it-Welsh-legend habit very intuitively!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Uboat said:
    Your unconscious has latched onto our past-it-Welsh-legend habit very intuitively!
    Maybe it was the other one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Ramsey_(English_footballer)
  • Options
    About as much chance as Gordon Ramsay taken on the running of the catering, with complaints shifting from the lack of chips to the lack of truffles in the risotto.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I can see Fraser being the most difficult to shift because of his wages and desire to be in Scotland. 

Taylor I don't expect to actually go anywhere, I think he'll have a role to play 
    What exactly ARE Fraser's wages?
    Anything above minimum wage would be extortionate...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 27
    MarcusH26 said:

I think he gets paid, once a month, probably digitally as most do these days.
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    @Sir Chrissy anything on the experienced pro goalkeeper we have lined up ?
    His name has been mentioned a few times on here.. 
  • Options
    Well it’s not Matt Macey he joining Colchester he was mentioned on here !!!
  • Options
    edited May 27
    Well it’s not Matt Macey he joining Colchester he was mentioned on here !!!
    Interesting.

He was one of a number of available keepers with previous links to Nathan.

John Ruddy ( who has no previous links to Jones) is a name who crops up a lot.
  • Options
    Seen Jed Steer mentioned a fair few times too
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

One of the sites that showed wages said £6.5k pw and our highest earner. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    MarcusH26 said:

One of the sites that showed wages said £6.5k pw and our highest earner. 
    Unfortunately, wages given on reputation and not performance 🥴
  • Options
    Could be a WUM but a Peter Booker asked to participate in the CAFC International fans FB page and he states he’s started as a performance analyst for us recently. Looking at his profile he’s worked with NJ at Luton.
    Anyone confirm?
  • Options
    edited May 27
    Uboat said:
    But surely to make it more realistic there’s ten times more fans wanking him , off firing off YouTube videos and talking utter shit about us being genuine promotion contenders