Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Just for my two cents. The squad has a fitness issue, lack of quality and poor mentality. Without paying serious money unlikely to get a player who ticks all three boxes. Probably will have to settle for players who tick two of the three boxes, as we start the journey back to being promotion candidates.
  • Options
    edited May 26
    I get the questions about fitness/game time etc but this looks like a good move to me. Should have a few years in him still, knows all about getting promotion from this level, knows Jones specifically and a decent goal record from midfield.

Might not necessarily be the main man/star player the squad is built around but could be the Andy Hughes/Jonnie Jackson type of coach/leader on the pitch and in the squad that helps to blend the squad.
  • Options
    Small needs to get his arse in gear sharpish, Nathan ain't gonna hang around for ever waiting on him I am sure, especially with Edwards now in the frame as well...
  • Options
    edited May 26
    fenaddick said:

Busy, busy Charlton

Can I be the first to ask if we are rushing things and should we wait a few months to see what is available in late August and also how can we sign players if the transfer window isn't open?

😉
    Go on then Henry if you must...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good statement of intent that - Good experience in Centre Mid alongside Coventry. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    fenaddick said:

An LB who is not an LB 😉

• Options
    Deals are done. Three in. No names. I don't have them, so don't ask me,  please. 
    Looks like this might be a good lead - I know you've said you don't know names but it looks like Edwards and Berry are two of them. Leaves our mystery 3rd to be identified if its not Potts.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Deals are done. Three in. No names. I don't have them, so don't ask me,  please. 
    Looks like this might be a good lead - I know you've said you don't know names but it looks like Edwards and Berry are two of them. Leaves our mystery 3rd to be identified if its not Potts.
    Mannion? 
  • Options
    So, we have a few  rumours of some good sounding inwards in Edwards, Berry, and Mannion??. still no news on outgoings as yet...or have I missed any...
  • Options
    So, we have a few  rumours of some good sounding inwards in Edwards, Berry, and Mannion??. still no news on outgoings as yet...or have I missed any...
    A fiendish plan , I hear...

BOGOF  :)
  • Options
    A fiendish plan , I hear...

BOGOF  :)
    Tingles all round it is then Fanny...😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think most of our outgoings will be late, as only desperate teams will want them 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    thenewbie said:
    Mannion? 
    Yes that would make sense. LB, CM, GK would be a decent start to the window even if none of the names are particularly marquee big names. Two of the three fit the profile of Jones "projects" with potential to grow and the other is a trusted Jones lieutenant with a bit of experience.

If those are the 3 then I'd be pretty happy with that as a starting point honestly.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

Busy, busy Charlton

Can I be the first to ask if we are rushing things and should we wait a few months to see what is available in late August and also how can we sign players if the transfer window isn't open?

😉
    You know the drill. Nothing is signed until its 100% signed.

WIOTOS.
  • Options
    Small needs to get his arse in gear sharpish, Nathan ain't gonna hang around for ever waiting on him I am sure, especially with Edwards now in the frame as well...
    Why he signed up for next season …
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    https://x.com/Theo_Chand/status/1794670710297899010?t=Dah9cacByjjYaf0hZghcMA&s=19

"Believe #cafc have also enquired about Derby County defender Sonny Bradley, however #dcfc not willing to sanction a move this early on."

Have heard we were trying for Bradley a few weeks back. 

ButtleJR said:
    https://x.com/Theo_Chand/status/1794670710297899010?t=Dah9cacByjjYaf0hZghcMA&s=19

"Believe #cafc have also enquired about Derby County defender Sonny Bradley, however #dcfc not willing to sanction a move this early on."

Have heard we were trying for Bradley a few weeks back. 

Another Ex Luton player 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

Busy, busy Charlton

😉
    You know the drill. Nothing is signed until its 100% signed.

WIOTOS.
    A sound policy that I shall adopt
  • Options
    edited May 26
    Why he signed up for next season …
    We exercised our option on the extra 12 months, he hasn't committed to anything, he is acting like some big I am...
    Nathan will just lose interest in him without a sign of commitment, and turn to some decent cover for our LWB/LB slot, as it seems with Edwards as a start...he is starting to wind me up a bit in truth...
    Not sure how not signing the first contract put in front of you (the contents of which no one knows) is acting the big I am?

When you sell a house do you accept the first offer that’s comes in even if it’s lower than what you want? Thought I would throw a house analogy in for the CL faithful.
    Thanks for the house analogy C_E_Lad...🤦‍♂️
    As you rightly say, no-one knows what the contract contents are, and hopefully things will be sorted soon, maybe big I am is a bit strong, but still stand by the fact that NJ needs stability not just for the next couple of months but long term, and that ain't looking likely with Small at the mo...