Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Don't believe #cafc's bid for Dunfermline's Josh Edwards has been rejected, as has been reported north of the border. 

And also it isn't a six-figure offer either.
    SLP
    Not sure why people are having a pop at Ronnie. He reposted something from the SLP. Nothing controversial abt that
    It was simply he didn't originally credit rich. So posted as if he were ITK. 
    At 5.39 his post got a lol. He then corrected it with the SLP info 5mins later. Then got quite a rude reply from someone at nearly midday. Bit unnecessary to a fellow fan, but each to their own I guess. COYA
    I have never quite got all the vitriol directed to Ronnie Moore/Bexley Boy/Colin. We all know he is a WUM, but let's be honest, we would miss him if he wasn't on Charlton Life!
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Berry and Dan Potts released from Luton. Announced this afternoon.
    31 and 30 so older heads without being past it. I can see wages being an issue though, as even though Luton aren't going to be paying mental money, they would have been on more than we can pay per week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if both come through the door. Definitely had discussions with one of them. 
    Yeah I think Berry will happen, not so sure on Potts as he’s a left back - perhaps if we can’t get Edwards.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if both come through the door. Definitely had discussions with one of them. 
    I am sure they are on NJ's radar, and also that if anyone can convince them to join, he can...👍
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Yeah I think Berry will happen, not so sure on Potts as he’s a left back - perhaps if we can’t get Edwards.
    Potts can also play left of a back three. Thats where he played in their promotion season as far as I'm aware. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Potts can also play left of a back three. Thats where he played in their promotion season as far as I'm aware. 
    True, would mean a switch to a back 3/5 as he is only 5'8 so unlikely to be able to play CB in a 4.
  • Options
    Yipeeee, a real rumour at last...👌
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    "The Club has agreed not to exercise its option on Luke Berry in order to allow the 31-year-old midfielder to explore opportunities to play regular football elsewhere." Re. Berry. I'd say he's on his way. 
    Is this coming from info you’ve heard or just a feeling?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ll admit my ignorance on this pair. Are they any good ? 
  • Options
    Luton ITK saying both Potts and Berry likely to join on Twitter
  • Options
    F*ck me a rumour!👏
  • Options
    @Garrymanilow

Agree with most of your post, but I have to say, most of what you said still relates to it being a typical Charlton season in the first paragraph. When we don't sign a player for ex amount of money it's sensible, and the other club is greedy or the player is greedy, similar to how JCH was labelled lazy, greedy etc but has now signed for Rotherham. Lost count how many times we miss out on a player and people post 'fuck em' etc and don't blame the people who are in charge of negotiations.  

Re your last paragraph, I don't really let the transfer rumours thread dictate my mood, or Charlton windows in general anymore tbh, just like to keep up and have a conversation. I've been convinced from the start that these owners will not give us the backing we need, so any sort of successful signing is a win for me. I literally expect freebies and injury prone players, with some media spiel from the Oxford fan about how hard we tried to obtain ex unrealistic player, but unfortunately as we are in league 1 we sometimes can't compete with championship sides, all the while not spending, or very rarely spending on the genuine quality in this league. 

I'd love to be completely wrong on my expectations, but unfortunately season after season it's always closer to what I expect than not.
  • Options
    edited May 24
    cfgs said:
    The guy who wrote that tweet, does the social media for Luton Town Ladies FC.  So hopefully knows his stuff.
    Sounds about right we are linked with Potts, we do love a player who can't play a full season. I'd say that one's a goer: 

https://x.com/Harfordisgod/status/1794026500238225843?t=unh9EsFqUEUERU9IWleGVA&s=19

From the Luton fan for those who can't see the tweet:

''A fit Potts would be an asset but its questionable whether that's possible anymore''
  • Options
    Berry would be a cracking signing! Not so sure about Potts.
  • Options
    A quick search shows that Potts didn't play a single minute of football last season.