Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited May 23
    Bit part Cambridge keeper sounds unexciting at first glance but he was in the England ranks as a kid, went to Hull for money and then had his career stall until he broke into the Cambridge side mid way through the season and played 14 games including a decent performance against us.
    He is not a name to get the pulse racing but should be fine as back up to a quality number 1.  Our existing pair are sadly just not close to good enough.
  • Options

• Options
    Thierry Small replacement or competition?
    Interesting that Dunfermline have activated the one year extension clause, just as we have with TS.

• Options
    Not no1 initially , we have an experienced pro lined up

care to elaborate?
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

care to elaborate?
    Goalie I think.
  • Options
    I would like to see a few more supermarket analogies to fully explain this dismal lack of activity in the transfer market. 
  • Options
    Hamer ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    John Ruddy
  • Options
    It’s happening……

Don't believe #cafc's bid for Dunfermline's Josh Edwards has been rejected, as has been reported north of the border. 

And also it isn't a six-figure offer either.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Yann897 said:
    Hamer ?
    Hope not. Lots of good younger keepers out there that could command a fee later.

It says experienced pro though, he was number 1 at Watford last season could be ideal someone like that plus Mannion.
  • Options
    John Ruddy
    There's no way he's still alive. Must be 600 years old
  • Options
    Not 6 figure, as in 7??
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Thierry Small replacement or competition?
    Interesting that Dunfermline have activated the one year extension clause, just as we have with TS.

Not necessarily either - possibly just making it clear that he's not actually irreplaceable or that other alternatives are out there so if he does want to take his chances with his one remaining year then it might not be as good a move as he thinks, and lose any momentum he's getting 
  • Options
    edited May 23
    jams said:
    Not 6 figure, as in 7??
    I’d imagine five is more likely than seven for a second tier Scottish player
  • Options
    jams said:
    Not 6 figure, as in 7??

Offer 'em a tenner, and blow the competition out of the water...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jams said:
    Not 6 figure, as in 7??
    I bloody hope so!
  • Options
    I would like to see a few more supermarket analogies to fully explain this dismal lack of activity in the transfer market. 
    The Clubcard points, have been lost in the post.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Rotherham are signing free agents  I believe.....we aren't shopping in Aldi any more
    Not to doubt you or anything Swisdom, but firstly, I don't understand the harm in signing free agents. You can sign fantastic players at any level of football on a free, and for how many players we need, surely we will need to rely on frees?

In regards to you implying we are only buying players, how will that be possible? We need around what, 8 players minimum, just to be competitive. Average price for a decent league 1 player with a view of being a championship player is approximately somewhere between 300k to 1 million, maybe 300k is too low even. If we average out each signing at 500k, that would be approximately 4 million spent on new players, if we aren't bargain basement hunting? Can't see that at all. 

Appreciate you sharing of course, just sounds bogus.
  • Options
    Will Mannion doesn't sound like the sort of No 2 keeper who will genuinely push the No 1 for his place. He's not a kid, why is a 26 year old not getting any game time until the end of the season?

We already have two average No 2 keepers at the club anyway.
  • Options
    Don't believe #cafc's bid for Dunfermline's Josh Edwards has been rejected, as has been reported north of the border. 

And also it isn't a six-figure offer either.