Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    As I said previously if we actually do have multi billionaire owners then what is the point in faffing about getting the right players in?. Completely get it that waving a load of dosh about is the opposite of what we should do, no need to be paying over the odds but need to get the jigsaw in place early.
  • Options
    We need players and fast. Don’t need to be that glamorous just need to do the job. Don’t care if they are good enough for the level above. We need solid experienced professionals to get us out of this league. 
    This isn’t sustainable though, they need to be good enough for this league and the league above, otherwise if we do get promoted we are in the same position as this year, having to rebuild. Otherwise we end up like Rotherham. No point going up unless you can stay there 
    Nail on head, well done that man.
  • Options
    My concern is if we are missing out on the likes of Bair to average Championship teams like Blackburn are we going to be able to sign the players we need of the required quality, ones who we think can step up to the Championship?
    There are plenty of those players about, we just have to find the ones that fewer clubs have discovered.

Not easy, but if it’s doable for some of the smaller names that have been promoted out of this league, it shouldn’t be too difficult for Charlton
    How many scouts do we have on the books?   Not enough is the answer.
  • Options
    I can afford to buy. But I was lucky enough to be a high earner (along with my wife) enjoying a 10% tax rate for a number of years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like the same mistakes are being made. 
    ???... Repeat transfer window does not open yet. 

• Options
    We need players and fast. Don’t need to be that glamorous just need to do the job. Don’t care if they are good enough for the level above. We need solid experienced professionals to get us out of this league. 
    Repeat transfer window does not open yet.. 

• Options
    I was distracted yesterday by 'other events' that are soon to be happening 😜 so when i saw over 60 new posts I thought there must be some news or rumours! But no  yet again bugger all rumours just 'bed-wetting' DOH!
  • Options
    Yeah let’s get players in that you admit arnt good enough for The Championship who we get stuck with. We’ve been there and done that. We’ll get out of this league but not without a proper squad plan. 
  • Options
    That sounds completely fair enough Dubai, if the fee wanted gets out of budget because Motherwell know they can get 1m+ from a champ side so be it. Encouraging that the budget is available to make £750k+ bids for players feasible. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    On Blair, basically he was very interested in Charlton, we made an enquiry and Motherwell was asking for 750K plus add on's which was within budget, but since then, they are now asking for million plus.. So we have stepped back.. This going to happen with the targets, but let's hope we don't get left with the dregs! 
    And so it begins.
    "This is going to happen with our targets".
    Not all of them I hope
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    This isn’t sustainable though, they need to be good enough for this league and the league above, otherwise if we do get promoted we are in the same position as this year, having to rebuild. Otherwise we end up like Rotherham. No point going up unless you can stay there 
    If only it was as simple as that. 
    Classic Catch 22 you’re describing there:
    Need Championship quality players to get promoted to the Championship, but Championship quality players don’t want to play in League One. They want to play in the Championship on Championship wages. 
    Reality is you get the best players you can find to get you promoted. If you succeed you’ll find that some of those players will be good enough for the Championship. And you’ll be in a much better position to recruit Championship level players. 
    The who thing relies on excellent scouting and recruitment. 
    Oh. 
    That’s all fine, except Ipswich proved you can do what I described. Sloth of their players were recruited in League one for promotion to the championship and then to stabilise. It’s done slightly better for them than just that but they have shown the blueprint works 
  • Options
    Ipswich spent £1m on a left back when in league one.

We’re told by our board (Elliott) that we are planning to do an Ipswich. I guess we’ll see whether that’s true & how ambitious the new owners really are with Bair.

If we wait around for weeks hoping that Motherwell will take £750k, he’ll get snappped up by another club.
  • Options

It’s far too early to get into a panic over no signings. Most players and managers are on the beach, with many contracts running until the 1st June. Chil, and have faith that NJ knows what he is doing.

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    On Blair, basically he was very interested in Charlton, we made an enquiry and Motherwell was asking for 750K plus add on's which was within budget, but since then, they are now asking for million plus.. So we have stepped back.. This going to happen with the targets, but let's hope we don't get left with the dregs! 
    That may or may not be true but those shouting about this "signing", not necesserly yourself, were saying it was all wrapped up.

Yet another example of why we shouldn't take the leaks coming out of the club as fact and wait until it is officially announced 

Until a deal is 100% done it's 0% done.

And until Bair moves somewhere else or the window closes, it can still happen.
    Who said it was wrapped up? 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Croydon said:
    Swisdom said:
    Rotherham are signing free agents  I believe.....we aren't shopping in Aldi any more
    We've had a similar line every window since Roland left. Usually followed by saying we couldn't them over the line as we were competing bigger clubs.
    There’s a big difference this time.  We are looking for players in demand as opposed to ones nobody will touch with a barge pole.  Give it time 
    I hope you're right mate.
  • Options
    Stop all the bed wetting and have a little faith in Nathan.

He knows what he is doing, and he is keeping his cards close to his chest.

What he doesn’t need, is to let the potential targets names out of the bag and have their merits discussed on social media.

I am sure as soon as the window opens new signings will arrive.
    Why then? It hasn’t stopped Rotherham announcing four signings in the last week or so.
  • Options
    I see Conor Hourihane is a free agent. 
    Think he will be going back to Barnsley, probably as a player/coach