Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    fenaddick said:

But it was a done deal according to some.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

So, the only credible "rumour" is now been well & truly squashed. 

I think we should open a book on when the first deal is done. I'm going for June 14th. Start of the Euro's. Perfect day to hide our first underwhelming signing. All the focus on how many the Hun will score against the Jocks. 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

WIOTOS
    IWTSHIACSF...🙄
  • Options
    edited May 22
    thenewbie said:
    Well the shopping list might not be Aldi own brand but let's see what ends up in the trolley before we get excited 
    We're in the aisle for steaks but will buy a beefburger.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

Just read on a Rangers forum that they have allegedly bid 850k for Bair, and Blackburn are also in the mix apparently 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Swisdom said:
    Rotherham are signing free agents  I believe.....we aren't shopping in Aldi any more
    We've had a similar line every window since Roland left. Usually followed by saying we couldn't them over the line as we were competing bigger clubs.
    That's not true. We have signed plenty of highly rated players, sadly they've not turned out to be great for us.
  • Options
    edited May 22
    The time to sign Bair would’ve been 12 months ago. Unfortunately he would’ve been written off before kicking a ball because of his record at St Johnstone. But someone at Motherwell looked past the goalscoring record and spotted something in him.

Who’s next and how do we put a process in place to uncover them before other teams do? Hopefully these are the questions that we’ve been asking and trying to answer in the recruitment department.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:

WIOTOS
    Wasn’t a done deal, but it was close and he was certainly interested, but I said if clubs higher up come in, it might change… but could be similar to Coventry when he signed.. according to Cawley we lost the battle only for a few hours later back track.. 

• Options
    My concern is if we are missing out on the likes of Bair to average Championship teams like Blackburn are we going to be able to sign the players we need of the required quality, ones who we think can step up to the Championship?
  • Options
    i am dreaming of Aldi
  • Options
    I see Conor Hourihane is a free agent. 
  • Options
    I see Conor Hourihane is a free agent. 
    Can't believe he is only 33, seems to have been about forever. Would take him if he's fit, decent player
  • Options
    edited May 22
    My concern is if we are missing out on the likes of Bair to average Championship teams like Blackburn are we going to be able to sign the players we need of the required quality, ones who we think can step up to the Championship?
    There are plenty of those players about, we just have to find the ones that fewer clubs have discovered.

Not easy, but if it’s doable for some of the smaller names that have been promoted out of this league, it shouldn’t be too difficult for Charlton
  • Options
    edited May 22
    Heard a rumour of a significant event on 4 July.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like the same mistakes are being made. 
    Why? 3 clubs in l1 have made signings and the league 1 season finished at the weekend. No need to panic yet
    More that we're aiming for players too high and will lose out because Championship > League One. 
  • Options
    Why? 3 clubs in l1 have made signings and the league 1 season finished at the weekend. No need to panic yet
    More that we're aiming for players too high and will lose out because Championship > League One. 
    Based on one rumour? As I said, no need to panic yet
  • Options
    Too early to say it's all going wrong or that it is going well.

It's never too early to say this on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    edited May 22
    Based on one rumour? As I said, no need to panic yet
    It is too early to say, but it is a trap we have fallen into before. I am happy to be patient but if it comes to it, I will have no patience for excuses.
  • Options
    We need players and fast. Don’t need to be that glamorous just need to do the job. Don’t care if they are good enough for the level above. We need solid experienced professionals to get us out of this league.