Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited May 23
    Remind me, we are still in the month of May I believe...🤔
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    On Blair, basically he was very interested in Charlton, we made an enquiry and Motherwell was asking for 750K plus add on's which was within budget, but since then, they are now asking for million plus.. So we have stepped back.. This going to happen with the targets, but let's hope we don't get left with the dregs! 
    That may or may not be true but those shouting about this "signing", not necesserly yourself, were saying it was all wrapped up.

Yet another example of why we shouldn't take the leaks coming out of the club as fact and wait until it is officially announced 

Until a deal is 100% done it's 0% done.

And until Bair moves somewhere else or the window closes, it can still happen.
    Agreed, as we know things change regularly, that can be the clubs mind, players mind, another club comes in, injury or whatever it maybe.. It is football!! I would say, Motherwell may not get what they want, and you never know we might be back in.. 

It was never done deal, I said that at the time.. It was close, as clubs figures were close at that time, and he was interested.. 

• Options
    Remind me, we are still in the month of May I believe...🤔
    exactly, theres a group of people on here who start twitching the moment another club signs anyone
  • Options
    New signing.  Not convinced she can do a job for us but would still take her over Lyle.

Conservative MP Natalie Elphicke defects to Labour citing border security   Conservatives  The Guardian
  • Options
    edited May 23
    Which big girls blouse are you referring too...🙄
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Stop all the bed wetting and have a little faith in Nathan.

He knows what he is doing, and he is keeping his cards close to his chest.

What he doesn’t need, is to let the potential targets names out of the bag and have their merits discussed on social media.

I am sure as soon as the window opens new signings will arrive.
    Why then? It hasn’t stopped Rotherham announcing four signings in the last week or so.
    There is a big difference between potential signings, and Rotherham who have made actual signings.

Also I don’t know because I don’t visit the Rotherham fans forums, but was there any discussion on their signings prior to them signing on the dotted line?
  • Options
    Spot on Athletico.
  • Options
    I hate all this bed wetting chat. The reality is that those accused of wetting the bed in the past, turned out to be right.

Yes it is too early to judge, but I naively hoped that Jones had some more  unknown nuggets like Ramsay and Small, up his sleeve. Hearing previously from those supposedly in the know that a player with initials LB, was an oven ready signing. About as oven ready as Boris's Brexit deal for Ireland.

Unlike most on here, I'll be at the Valley every game regardless. I believe I've suffered enough these last 10 years or so watching rubbish, uninspiring and passionless football. Jones has given me hope. I just want to see us on an upward curve again. 
    I think this is the thing though, people have every right to be concerned given the past but what's the point in getting so upset now when there's a whole season to be angry coming up? The window will close at the end of August and while we'd like to see loads of signings coming in early as possible it's barely the end of the season we just had. It'll either go well or badly, maybe we should just all do ourselves a favour and not worry until it's impossible to avoid it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Stop all the bed wetting and have a little faith in Nathan.

He knows what he is doing, and he is keeping his cards close to his chest.

What he doesn’t need, is to let the potential targets names out of the bag and have their merits discussed on social media.

I am sure as soon as the window opens new signings will arrive.
    Why then? It hasn’t stopped Rotherham announcing four signings in the last week or so.
    There is a big difference between potential signings, and Rotherham who have made actual signings.

Also I don’t know because I don’t visit the Rotherham fans forums, but was there any discussion on their signings prior to them signing on the dotted line?
    My point is what has the window opening got to do with it? If we sign a player we won’t wait until the window officially opens in mid June.
  • Options
    Ipswich spent £1m on a left back when in league one.

We’re told by our board (Elliott) that we are planning to do an Ipswich. I guess we’ll see whether that’s true & how ambitious the new owners really are with Bair.

If we wait around for weeks hoping that Motherwell will take £750k, he’ll get snappped up by another club.
    This.

We've been here before. Waiting for a player or club to accept our "offer" and when they finally go elsewhere it's too late to get a decent replacement. If you want a certain player then break the bank at get him. Don't piss about because Motherwell have upped the price a bit. 

But I'm always wrong so what do I know.   
  • Options

We’re told by our board (Elliott) that we are planning to do an Ipswich. I guess we’ll see whether that’s true & how ambitious the new owners really are with Bair.

If we wait around for weeks hoping that Motherwell will take £750k, he’ll get snappped up by another club.
    This.

We've been here before. Waiting for a player or club to accept our "offer" and when they finally go elsewhere it's too late to get a decent replacement. If you want a certain player then break the bank at get him. Don't piss about because Motherwell have upped the price a bit. 

There’s serious championship interest, it’s obvious he’s not coming to league 1 whether we pay the fee or not. Right thing to do is to move on to other targets 

If we offered £1m for him but had to wait till the end of the summer for him to decide who he signs for, that’s where you leave it too late to find a replacement and you’d still end up moaning 
  • Options
    15 years of downward spiral, our worst league finish in 98 years.

30 odd transfer windows of hearing about "super duper deal phones"; "narrowly missing out on our biggest signings"; "doing an Ipswich"; "black boxes"; "going after Championship level players".  Whilst we sign players of the calibre of Kirk, David Davies, DJ, Terrel Thomas etc

It's no wonder a few fans are sceptical even if that is unfair with relatively new ownership.  

So calling them bed wetters when 99% are simply stating a view rationally which may differ from others is a nonsense.

In fact I see more people wetting the bed about "bed wetters"!

Personally I am heartened by what Swisdom and Dubai are posting, it's early in the window and not time to worry.

But we do have a LOT of business to do (NJs words) AND want to do it quickly.   I think the trip to Maribor is early July isn't it, so that leaves say 6 weeks by which time NJ wants the vast bulk of the squad in place.  That is no mean feat.
    DJ was fine before his injury... Agree on the rest. 
  • Options
    I don’t think we have signed anyone, but how do we know that we haven’t, the new management team seem like to play things close to their chest and to wait awhile before announcing anything.
  • Options
    As many have already touched on, we’re all sceptical after the shite we’ve been through as fans and rightly so.  

But it’s the fault of no one in here so just remember that before you go slagging off ITK’s or anyone else.  We all want the same thing.
  • Options

This.

Is the suggestion that we should bid over the asking price for every player we want in case someone else also wants them? How many times can you break the bank? Once? Twice? How many players do we need again?
  • Options

This.

Is the suggestion that we should bid over the asking price for every player we want in case someone else also wants them? How many times can you break the bank? Once? Twice? How many players do we need again?
    Exactly this, everyone hates what City and Chelsea do until it comes to their own clubs business. The key is sustainability, no point breaking the bank with the risk it doesn't work, look at what happened to Sunderland when they got relegated, spent vast amounts but couldn’t get over the line for a few seasons, where as a team like Oxford or Pompey have built year on year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    We all agree we need minimum of about 7 players, ideally more like 10. If you "break the bank" on the first 3 signings, the others will have to be frees, loans and dregs 

If history has taught us anything, it's that we need a strong squad of players, not 5 or 6 brilliant individuals surrounded by dross
    It’s always a balance though, we’ve had big squads of average players and not known our best team.

To go up you need a good number of your starting 11 to be capable of playing in the Championship by the end of the season.

Agree we don’t want to panic and spend big on a few and leave us with a too limited budget for others.
  • Options
    Its a merry go round. Clubs making offers, talking to agents then talking to players who are lying on some exotic beach discussing the pros and cons with their other halves. Unless they are desperate, players will wait to see what offers come along. After all they are still getting paid at the moment. 
  • Options
    Too early to say it's all going wrong or that it is going well.

you must be new round here mate, that's not how it works ;) 
  • Options
    edited May 23
    Macronate said:

This.

First sensible thing anyone's said on this thread to date  :*

"Sensible"...😂...this is a supposed rumours thread don't forget...🙄
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    p.s Anyone thinking we aren't in negotiations with multiple clubs and players right now are very far from the mark. 
    Indeed so, such as the GK situation is almost complete
  • Options
    Apparently we’re interested in Josh edwards who is a LB for Dunfermline 
    24 April  Daily Record

Wycombe Wanderers and Blackpool are both considering summer bids for Dunfermline’s Josh Edwards.

The defender has impressed for the Pars this season and is now attracting significant interest from several English clubs. Barnsley failed with a six figure bid in the January window and Oxford United have been long-term admirers. Their English League One rivals, Wycombe and Blackpool, are both keen on the 23-year-old. They have had him scouted and watched regularly and are both weighing up six figure bids.

Edwards has been a regular for Dunfermline since he joined from Airdrie back in 2019. The Pars have taken up the option in the 23-year-old’s contract. He was a major player in Dunfermline winning promotion and then establishing themselves back in the Championship. Edwards has been a standout under James McPake and the Fifers have to decide whether to cash on this summer or risk losing him for nothing the following summer.

• Options
    edited May 23
    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4959651/dunfermline-fc-right-price-josh-edwards-leave/

Even if Dunfermline do receive a bid that meets their valuation, Edwards is understood to be determined not accept a switch to a club that does not suit his development.