Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Roofe is too injury prone and would want too high a wage for us to justify it. Good player but a luxury that we can’t afford 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Roofe is too injury prone and would want too high a wage for us to justify it. Good player but a luxury that we can’t afford 
    injury prone and expensive are two key criteria for our recruitment team, sign him up!
  • Options
    gmantaxi said:
    TBF we get told this every season and every season we fall for it , not expecting much in June TBh but it won’t stop me coming on here 5 times a day to check , it’s the hope that kills ya .
    There will be movement when the window opens and expect 6/7 in June before we go in pre season tour another 2/ 3 later in the window like we been told …. But said it many times if your buying players it’s a lot more difficult then signing free transfers ( how many of Rotherham deals cost money ) … 
  • Options
    edited June 1
    Think it's a little premature to be throwing toys out of prams. 

But history hasn't really been on the side of the 'let's just hope for the best' crowd. Especially last year when anyone critical of the summer window was shouted down because the takeover had just happened. 
  • Options
    edited June 1
    Jones said he wants most of the squad together by the time they come back. That needs to be achieved. There's still plenty of time, but next month will have to be a banger. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    5 by the end of June. GK,CB,LB and 2 CMs
    If so then that goes against all that Nathan Jones has said about getting the bulk of the squad assembled before pre-season starts. 

We are now leaving May - a month after the season ended and we are lighter than we were at the start as we have let players go but not recruited any.

Once again, "getting our business done early" seems to be just words. As they say, talk is cheap. 
    How do  you know whether we have already got players lined up waiting to sign. How about bring positive for once. I don't think you would be happy if we were successful. 
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not being negative. Purely pointing out the difference between what has been said & what is currently (not) happening. 

I'm still expecting a number of signings before July. I just dont think they will be the quality or enough of them to mount a promotion challenge. 

Got a suggestion for you…..emigrate. 👋🏼
  • Options

But history hasn't really been on the 'let's just hope for the best' crowd. Especially last year when anyone critical of the summer window was shouted down because the takeover had just happened. 
    Well exactly. I'm sure everyone hopes that things actually are going to be different this time - probably including the owners - but until we actually start seeing any results it's just words. The same words we've all heard way too many times before....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Career has fallen a bit Flat , but I always felt that he was more than gable to play at this level.
  • Options
    edited June 1
    Career has fallen a bit Flat , but I always felt that he was more than gable to play at this level.
    Bit like Carl Tiler and Ben Thatcher
  • Options
    To be fair I get the sense that no one will be happier to be proved wrong than @golfaddick, but his deadline seems to move forward every year!
  • Options
    gmantaxi said:
    TBF we get told this every season and every season we fall for it , not expecting much in June TBh but it won’t stop me coming on here 5 times a day to check , it’s the hope that kills ya .
    There will be movement when the window opens and expect 6/7 in June before we go in pre season tour another 2/ 3 later in the window like we been told …. But said it many times if your buying players it’s a lot more difficult then signing free transfers ( how many of Rotherham deals cost money ) … 
    So we won’t be signing free agents then right ?
  • Options
    Bloody hell, we've missed out on Lyle Taylor now  - going to AFC Wimbledon!
  • Options
    gmantaxi said:
    gmantaxi said:
    So we won’t be signing free agents then right ?
    Although Jones has stated that he doesn’t particularly want any loanees, the truth of the matter is that every club will be looking over their shoulder for the possibility of a to good to be true situation should it present itself…….us included.
    IMHO we shouldn’t be that surprised if one or two do turn up.
    I think a few of us have taken what he said a bit too literally.
    For example, if Rak Saki were to be available I’m pretty certain we’d at least be interested.🤞
  • Options
    edited June 1
    In an ideal world Golfie you are right of course, and we all hope and pray that you will ultimately be proved correct...we certainly do need the new faces asap, and I personally feel that Nathan will get it sorted in time,...
    As in that well used phrase,... "It's the hope that gets you in the end".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely the whole point of this thread is hearing differing  opinions, and adding to or subtracting from the discussion,...Glass half full or Half empty stuff, the consensus is to get whats best for the club, this we can agree on...can't we
  • Options

But history hasn't really been on the side of the 'let's just hope for the best' crowd. Especially last year when anyone critical of the summer window was shouted down because the takeover had just happened. 
    I think this is a good summary of the misinterpretation people who spend all summer doomsaying on here engage in on an annual basis. The people who refuse to panic and weep and clog this thread up with proclamations of fear and misery, which is mostly done by those who do it so they can then later on tell people that they were right, don't actually have an effect on the window. The ones who say 'not much point panicking, let's hope the transfers are good' are generally people who don't want the entire transfer window's rumours filled with abject misery because in the end it doesn't un-sign players and it doesn't turn back time. I can't affect our transfer decisions, but I can definitely enjoy Charlton Life and it can be very difficult to do that when there's posters setting their stalls out at the end of May with what I assume in some cases will be daily narcissism posts of 'we haven't signed anyone yet, we never do, I'm always right about this, abandon all hope'. It's boring and repetitive and it means that in amongst the rumours and the discussions about how we might play you've got to dodge around pages and pages of screeching. I just want to enjoy my summer man
    Or, allow people to have their own opinions. 

If people want to be negative they're allowed to comment just the same as you are. The difference is some people have 'decided' negative posts aren't allowed and effectively tell those people to leave. We have someone literally on this page telling someone to emigrate based on their post ffs. 

If we had a complete echo chamber where only positive posts were allowed perhaps we'd still be under Roland rule or Sandgaard. People are allowed to say the club is/might be making mistakes. It doesn't affect anyone's lives or what actually occurs on the pitch/in the summer. 
    Could you point out there where I said people can't have their own opinions? I didn't. I was responding to the idea that 'history hasn't really been on the side' of the people who just remain calm as if they chose the signings. I'm happy for people to be critical of transfer business when it happens, it's the tiresome repeat posts at this stage fearing a future that hasn't happened yet like they're Sarah Connor and we're all Skynet that I'm talking about. You're responding to something else completely, not sure what. Nothing to do with me though!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Jones said he wants most of the squad together by the time they come back. That needs to be achieved. There's still plenty of time, but next month will have to be a banger. 
    This month now
  • Options
    Players lying on exotic beaches considering their options. If they are in demand they will let their agents negotiate the best deals. Then it's do they like a certain club or chase the money. 
    If that's the case why have Rotherham signed 7 players..?

Must be because Rotherham is such a nice place to live.
    Rotherham isn’t but you don’t need to go far before it is.
    Exactly! I can see Rotherham from where I'm sitting. Lovely place..... from a distance. A bit grubby close up! It's highly unlikely any monied players will live anywhere near the New York Stadium, as there is little housing and what there is, is not at the top of the housing ladder. Probably still get a terrace for £50k. Then again they might be aspiring Robbie Fowler's in the business world. 

To be fair, I wonder how many of our players live in Charlton?