Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Surprised free agent Herbie Kane hasn't been picked up yet. From what I have seen online only Plymouth showing any real interest. 
    Or he’s got plenty of options and isn’t in a rush to decide?
  • Options
    edited June 3
    TelMc32 said:
    Scoham said:
    Cawley on holiday this week.

Bad news for Alfie May…sounds like Charlton, as well as Millwall, Palace, Gillingham & Wimbledon, are looking to sign two big ones up top. Rich agrees it’s certainty!  

Lol
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Surprised free agent Herbie Kane hasn't been picked up yet. From what I have seen online only Plymouth showing any real interest. 
    Or he’s got plenty of options and isn’t in a rush to decide?
    Could well be. He's a great player after all. Would love us to be one of those trying to get him in. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Hopefully when they do start to announce signings it’s very matter of fact. IMHO the mystery tweets etc are a bit of a joke now after our worse season in decades delivered by a revolving door of mediocre signings.

Would prefer a photo of player and onto the next…giving out the message that this season the club is totally focused on one aim, promotion. 

Welcome to the modern world. More inventive teases/announcements means more engagement which means higher numbers to boast to potential sponsors. You are more than welcome to ignore them and just read the page on the OS though...
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Valley11 said:
    Hopefully when they do start to announce signings it’s very matter of fact. IMHO the mystery tweets etc are a bit of a joke now after our worse season in decades delivered by a revolving door of mediocre signings.

Would prefer a photo of player and onto the next…giving out the message that this season the club is totally focused on one aim, promotion. 

Welcome to the modern world. More inventive teases/announcements means more engagement which means higher numbers to boast to potential sponsors. You are more than welcome to ignore them and just read the page on the OS though...
    People do enjoy them, was it Wollacotts one that went viral with the office clip? 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Valley11 said:

People do enjoy them, was it Wollacotts one that went viral with the office clip? 
    I enjoy them too, for clarity. Most viral one I remember was Egbo's Love Island one. Hector's Breaking Bad one too. 
  • Options
    Wasn't Sulley Kaikai announced with a Stranger Things clip? 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Scoham said:
    Cawley on holiday this week.

Bad news for Alfie May…sounds like Charlton, as well as Millwall, Palace, Gillingham & Wimbledon, are looking to sign two big ones up top. Rich agrees it’s certainty!  

sounds like May has gone and was seen as so last month…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 3
    Tyreece John-jules released by arsenal. Wouldn’t mind taking him on a free. Not the most prolific but maybe worth the risk 
    Once a youth product of ours according to Wiki!
  • Options
    Tyreece John-jules released by arsenal. Wouldn’t mind taking him on a free. Not the most prolific but maybe worth the risk 
    A youth product of ours as I understand it..
    Played for our academy very briefly before moving to Arsenal at the age of 8 - probably a challenge to claim him as one of our products...
  • Options
    seems like a lucky charm, last two years he has won promotion from League 1 with different teams 
  • Options
    edited June 3
    barstool said:
    seems like a lucky charm, last two years he has won promotion from League 1 with different teams 
    So...🎶"Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"🎶🙄
  • Options
    edited June 3
    When we’ve got two lads scoring for fun in the Academy and two Academy lads already in the first team as strikers why would we want a striker with a record like this ?

• Options
    edited June 3
  • Options
    When we’ve got two lads scoring for fun in the Academy and two Academy lads already in the first team as strikers why would we want a striker with a record like this ?

Because he was great on my fm24 save.
  • Options
    Rumours are all well and good, but I want an actual signing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Injuries would be my concern with TJJ. Hasn't had a regular run of games anywhere really. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Injuries would be my concern with TJJ. Hasn't had a regular run of games anywhere really. 

Maybe a case for offering a CBT/Small type deal.  Short tern contract with an option for us to extend if it works out.
  • Options
    It’s all gearing up, for a big month ahead!
  • Options
    Every year I buy it when the noise from the club is that we will essentially have a new squad before pre-season and every year it feels like we repeat out same dialogue of 'Nearly, nearly but instead we signed 3 average league one players'. Not quite bedwetting yet but definitely feels like we say and do two entirely different things regardless of owner/manager/season. Maybe we are just a hard sell to players nowadays? Here's hoping we announce a bunch this week and I have egg on my face 
  • Options
    Every year I buy it when the noise from the club is that we will essentially have a new squad before pre-season and every year it feels like we repeat out same dialogue of 'Nearly, nearly but instead we signed 3 average league one players'. Not quite bedwetting yet but definitely feels like we say and do two entirely different things regardless of owner/manager/season. Maybe we are just a hard sell to players nowadays? Here's hoping we announce a bunch this week and I have egg on my face 
    11 days till window opens .. 

You and your window opening ….
  • Options
    What is the usual date for players contracts to run out?
    Last day of June?
  • Options
    edited June 3
    ‘ The next two weeks are crucial ‘

For once that over used statement could well be true.
    Edit.   Say three weeks to be fair.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Every year I lose money backing Charlton for promotion, barring 2019) so I thought I’d avoid having a bet this year. But couldn’t resist a peek at the odds. They make fairly grim reading.   

Latest Paddy Power odds:

Birmingham 3/1

Bolton 8/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Wrexham 11/1

Peterborough 12/1

Rotherham 12/1

Reading 14/1

Barnsley 14/1

Charlton 16/1

Stockport 18/1

Makes pretty depressing reading. 

It’s going to take a lot of good signings to shift those odds. 

I've had a nibble at 16s..  I really think we'll have a good go this/next season.  Jones will be backed, I'm sure of it.

16/1 is much bigger than I was expecting 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    What is the usual date for players contracts to run out?
    Last day of June?
    Yes