Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Every year I buy it when the noise from the club is that we will essentially have a new squad before pre-season and every year it feels like we repeat out same dialogue of 'Nearly, nearly but instead we signed 3 average league one players'. Not quite bedwetting yet but definitely feels like we say and do two entirely different things regardless of owner/manager/season. Maybe we are just a hard sell to players nowadays? Here's hoping we announce a bunch this week and I have egg on my face 
    11 days till window opens .. 

You and your window opening ….
    I had mine open yesterday....quite warm in sunny Bromley.
  • Options
    edited June 4
    Every year I buy it when the noise from the club is that we will essentially have a new squad before pre-season and every year it feels like we repeat out same dialogue of 'Nearly, nearly but instead we signed 3 average league one players'. Not quite bedwetting yet but definitely feels like we say and do two entirely different things regardless of owner/manager/season. Maybe we are just a hard sell to players nowadays? Here's hoping we announce a bunch this week and I have egg on my face 

I have had my windows open for ages, cannot beat some fresh air on the house 😁
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Every year I lose money backing Charlton for promotion, barring 2019) so I thought I’d avoid having a bet this year. But couldn’t resist a peek at the odds. They make fairly grim reading.   

Latest Paddy Power odds:

Birmingham 3/1

Bolton 8/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Wrexham 11/1

Peterborough 12/1

Rotherham 12/1

Reading 14/1

Barnsley 14/1

Charlton 16/1

Stockport 18/1

Makes pretty depressing reading. 

It’s going to take a lot of good signings to shift those odds. 

Why grim? 16s looks like a good bet to me. The bookies are only looking at the current squad remember.
  • Options
    I've had my windows open all year...thought i'd get in on the act...🙄
  • Options
    Lots of people willing to discuss their windows, I wonder how many leave their back door open
  • Options
    Okonkwo officially released by Arsenal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ. Unsurprisingly you have to go down to 13th in the table before you see a team who fall into Much Rotation. Consistency and avoid injury are always going to be the key elements of a successful season. Pompey are roughly exactly where you'd expect the champions to be; a consistent core with depth and a mix of youth and experience
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Club been saying for a while now it’s about actions and not words. Now we’re hearing nothing and people are expressing their concerns that there are no actions. It might just be that they’re getting on with business professionally and soon they’ll have lots of outcomes from their actions and no words.
    Fingers crossed…
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I have had my windows for ages, cannot beat some fresh air on the house 😁
    Why do they always talk about the transfer window slamming shut at the end of the transfer window? I just close my windows without slamming them,
  • Options
    Just thought I'd try and remember who the 42 heroes who represented us this season were. Got 38 before I gave up. The weird thing is I missed some really obvious ones. Sorry Chuks!
  • Options
    Just thought I'd try and remember who the 42 heroes who represented us this season were. Got 38 before I gave up. The weird thing is I missed some really obvious ones. Sorry Chuks!
    I'm on 7. Can you give me some clues?
  • Options

This shows that a young squad with heavy rotation doesn't work. It also reveals that the successful teams have older player and a more fixed team.

What does this graphic have to do with transfer rumours?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

This shows that a young squad with heavy rotation doesn't work. It also reveals that the successful teams have older player and a more fixed team.

What does this graphic have to do with transfer rumours?
    Didn’t want to make a whole new topic for it. Figured it was related to squad building and transfer policy.
  • Options
    Rylah, Casey, a few of those we loaned out - can't remember who played (Payne, DJ etc)?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rylah, Casey, a few of those we loaned out - can't remember who played (Payne, DJ etc)?
    I got the young ones. I forgot Chuks, Bakinson, Fiorini and it turned out DJ made one sub appearance before he went.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I got the young ones. I forgot Chuks, Bakinson, Fiorini and it turned out DJ made one sub appearance before he went.
    I don't remember Rick and Vyvyan...🙄

• Options

When does it slam shut?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Every year I lose money backing Charlton for promotion, barring 2019) so I thought I’d avoid having a bet this year. But couldn’t resist a peek at the odds. They make fairly grim reading.   

Latest Paddy Power odds:

Birmingham 3/1

Bolton 8/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Wrexham 11/1

Peterborough 12/1

Rotherham 12/1

Reading 14/1

Barnsley 14/1

Charlton 16/1

Stockport 18/1

These are the odds to win the title not for promotion. Our odds for promotion are around 6/1 
  • Options
    When we’ve got two lads scoring for fun in the Academy and two Academy lads already in the first team as strikers why would we want a striker with a record like this ?

TJJ is one of those players you get excited about - Arsenal academy product, lots of England youth caps - but when you see him on the pitch wonder what the fuss was all about.
  • Options
    I log on to see over 150 unread posts in this thread...........only to see it's just about betting odds and fucking Rotherham. 

To keep the themes going, I'm willing to have a £50 bet (with the first taker) that we will finish above Chunky's red army.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Latest Paddy Power odds:

Birmingham 3/1

Bolton 8/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Wrexham 11/1

Peterborough 12/1

Rotherham 12/1

Reading 14/1

Barnsley 14/1

Charlton 16/1

Stockport 18/1

These are the odds to win the title not for promotion. Our odds for promotion are around 6/1 
    For context we were 9/1 under Powell
  • Options

Strictly speaking that's not true, but I'll let you work that one out. 
  • Options
    Major said:
    Another 10 minutes of my life I won't get back.
    Now it's become the betting discussion thread.
    Anyone have an idea when it will be worth checking back for actual rumours?
    16-1 on tomorrow 
    Brill. This is why I bother  :D