Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Dixon, Potts, mystery GK.
    A 20+ striker is a must !! Oh dear 🤦‍♂️
    I genuinely believe that between Leaburn, Godden, Ahadme, Aneke, Kanu, Campbell and Dixon we will score 30-40 goals. Averaging 5-8 goals each, some will get more, some may get less is realistic imho. It is whether we can add 20-30 between midfield and defence where the biggest question mark lies for me? Berry good for 5, Docherty and Anderson good for a few each, but thereafter 9-19 between the wing backs and centre backs? Less likely. 

I would add another goal scoring CAM/CM into the mix ahead of another striker right now and possibly over a CB too unless we are going for a lot of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1s throughout the season. 
  • edited August 15
    Yeah that’s an almost complete rewriting of history re: JRS.

There was a few murmurs in January that there was no point keeping him because we weren’t competing for promotion anyway. But no one thought he was a bad player.

As for Jones’ stance on loans, as above he’s said he’ll take a loan only in the event that they’re better than what we could’ve got otherwise. Karl Hein the keeper from Arsenal would’ve been a good example of this.
  • Bods64 said:

I’m not sure I fully understand Nathan’s stance regarding loan deals. He has stated that loan deals only benefit the parent club in improving the players ability. Whilst this may hold an element of truth surely a season long loan deal could benefit both parties? Of course we have loaned plenty of duds over the years but we undoubtedly gained some quality ones too. A certain player of the year in Jed Rak-Sakai comes to mind!

That why he said he would only loan players if they were better then we had in that position or better then we could buy permanently… Rak-Sakai did not impress first few months in fact Charlton fans weee saying send him back leading up to the January window but he had an excellent last 2/3 months which is what people remember .. 
    did not happen
  • NabySarr said:
    sam3110 said:
    Chunes said:
    I've always felt we wouldn't have signed Coventry if Jones was here at the time. Not surprised if we're after someone more NJ's style in the same position. 
    Why? I think Coventry is the perfect Jones player, lots of pressing and winning the ball higher up in interceptions instead of lunging tackles, keeps the ball moving but isn't just a destroyer or a creator. 
    Played well last night too at doing exactly that. For some people though he will always just be “not Dobson” 
    I think what you say is true .  But Dobson had 80/90 +effective games for us - Coventry has had 3/4- 2 of those in the last week . He has a lot to prove .  But it is essential he has a clean slate and we get behind him - the early signs this year are promising .  He needs to keep it up. 
  • Bods64 said:

I’m not sure I fully understand Nathan’s stance regarding loan deals. He has stated that loan deals only benefit the parent club in improving the players ability. Whilst this may hold an element of truth surely a season long loan deal could benefit both parties? Of course we have loaned plenty of duds over the years but we undoubtedly gained some quality ones too. A certain player of the year in Jed Rak-Sakai comes to mind!

That why he said he would only loan players if they were better then we had in that position or better then we could buy permanently… Rak-Sakai did not impress first few months in fact Charlton fans weee saying send him back leading up to the January window but he had an excellent last 2/3 months which is what people remember .. 
    did not happen
    A few said they weren’t bothered if he was recalled but that was after a drop in form. Of course it wasn’t the majority and overall he had impressed by that point.
  • Scoham said:
    Bods64 said:

did not happen
    A few said they weren’t bothered if he was recalled but that was after a drop in form. Of course it wasn’t the majority and overall he had impressed by that point.
    A single fan said that berry and doc should be moved on after the Wimbledon game. After a word or goal, Ronnie will state as fact that Charlton fans wanted berry gone
  • Bods64 said:

Ronnie, come on stop that nonsense. Rak-Saki was a young player learning the game and he contributed 15 goals in a bad side. We actually managed to replace that goal tally and some the following season with Alfie May and it's just as well we managed to bring in both players in that time. As for Rak-Saki's current situation, I can't ever see him being loaned here again but it wouldn't stop me offering Thierry Small as a make weight for a loan deal, pie in the sky I know, but you have to dream. 
  • I distinctly remember the group I was standing next to at Pompey away saying he should “f**k off back to Palace” because “he’s not what we need, too lightweight”. 
    He’d only scored in the first half “but what else has he’d done? He’s sh*t mate” was the response to that. 
    There were a few weeks where there was a  bizarre dislike of him starting to creep in. 

Let’s not have another lump on @RonnieMoore moment. It’s boring! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bods64 said:

No they weren't, at least not on here. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Dixon, Potts, mystery GK.

How many times have you seen Dixon play?

Before we signed him I was excited at this raw but talented individual.
    what I’m hearing from the training ground is making me even more excited.  

Pace like Campbell, stamina of a flying wingback, skills and tricks like nobody else we have. 
    He’s very raw but there is a lot of excitement about him.  Really has an x -factor about him.

five him a bit of time to adjust.  Don’t put too much pressure on him and hopefully we won’t coach it all out of him. And then he’ll wreak havoc!  
    I can't wait to see him get sold to Birmingham for tuppence in January.
  • Dixon securing a work permit and permissions seems to be the big problem with that transfer.
    I wouldn’t mentally factor him in until he becomes a realistic option to pick, at the moment he is a bit of a fantasy and each of us is imprinting on his name and game the player we would like him to be.
    Wait and see, it might go all Andy Delort.
    As for loans, we ought to have learned our lesson by now, never loan an indifferent player in from a ‘bigger’ club unless they will definitely do a better job than one of our eager youngsters coming through.
    It is an unnecessary spend and a poor signal to our own guys

• fenaddick said:
    seth plum said:
    Dixon securing a work permit and permissions seems to be the big problem with that transfer.
    I wouldn’t mentally factor him in until he becomes a realistic option to pick, at the moment he is a bit of a fantasy and each of us is imprinting on his name and game the player we would like him to be.
    As for loans, we ought to have learned our lesson by now, never loan an indifferent player in from a ‘bigger’ club unless they will definitely do a better job than one of our eager youngsters coming through.

Wouldn’t say there are any problems just that these things take time and that will be factored in
    When you say takes time, I imagine there might be several tens of thousands in the queue ahead of Dixon waiting for an ordinary UK work permit, unless there is some kind of fast track option.
    Wouldn’t the authorities favour a surgeon over a footballer?
  • seth plum said:
    fenaddick said:
    seth plum said:
    Dixon securing a work permit and permissions seems to be the big problem with that transfer.

Wouldn’t say there are any problems just that these things take time and that will be factored in
    When you say takes time, I imagine there might be several tens of thousands in the queue ahead of Dixon waiting for an ordinary UK work permit, unless there is some kind of fast track option.
    Wouldn’t the authorities favour a surgeon over a footballer?
    You can usually pay a bit extra with visas for priority or super priority which give a decision within 5 days and 1 day respectively. Whilst expensive for the average person, I'd expect the club to use this option if possible
  • Sponsored links:

• Feels like Taylor is one that's never quite going to work out. The injuries really haven't helped his cause and now Coventry is the undisputed starter in his position, he's not going to get games with us because I don't think he can play further forward and compete with Doc,Berry and Anderson for one of those 2 slots. 

I am not surprised there's interest from Rotherham though, he came with a good reputation from Burton. 
  • follett said:
    clive said:
    Probably best for him to move on, I do feel like we could live to regret it so would prefer a loan out.
    I’d be really upset if I were behind Edun as a midfield option .  That said , I don’t see a lot of glamour in our midfield so if he sits tight, he might get games . 
  • Swisdom said:
    Dixon, Potts, mystery GK.

How many times have you seen Dixon play?

Before we signed him I was excited at this raw but talented individual.
    what I’m hearing from the training ground is making me even more excited.  

Pace like Campbell, stamina of a flying wingback, skills and tricks like nobody else we have. 
    He’s very raw but there is a lot of excitement about him.  Really has an x -factor about him.

five him a bit of time to adjust.  Don’t put too much pressure on him and hopefully we won’t coach it all out of him. And then he’ll wreak havoc!  
    That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear about him. My slight concern is that Jones doesn’t seem to like mavericks and ends up stifling the lad with duties he’s not suited for. We certainly need a factor x player because and I know it’s early days, we look devoid of anything exciting. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!