Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Cracking goal by them tbf nothing you can do about that 
    Not according to NJ
  • shirty5 said:
    English Football Association’s (EFA) work permit regulations state that a player looking to join an English club must have played 75 per cent of his national team’s competitive games over the last two years.

That nation also has to maintain a top 50 FIFA ranking on average over that two-year period.

TOP 50

Jamaica currently sit 59th in the FIFA world ranking and have not broken into the top 50 since 2020 when they climbed to 47th.

However, they have fluctuated between 53rd and their current standing over the last two years

Dixon get's extra credit for playing in the Copa America I believe

• Nathan Jones has been relieved of his duty as Manager.

We needed a rumour so I gave one. Like all rumours it doesn’t need to be truthful. 
    You stated it as a fact not a rumour. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Interesting that Ness was there last night, doesn't suggest imminent departure
    Ness still not fit

We needed a rumour so I gave one. Like all rumours it doesn’t need to be truthful. 
    So it's a "rumour" you just decided to make up, great!!
    Well……..”someone” has to be the first to start the process.

Which makes it even more effective.😎
  • wmcf123 said:
    Quite comfortable with seeing Ness moved on after seeing Zack Mitchell play again. Think Mitchell is a bit ahead of him physically and a lot more assured. I'd have Ness down as a league 2 player now, whereas I think Mitchell could do well at this level given the chance. 

Edun needs to go, a really poor signing. Imagine he's on fairly decent wages as well and he's arguably the worst full back at the club, I can see why he didn't make the grade at Blackburn. 

It might be controversial, but I think Kanu, TC and Anderson could have all done with a loan. Kanu is giving me Josh Davison vibes. I think he's been thrown in a bit early due to injuries and having inadequate cover. His energy and work rates have allowed him to exist in the side, but his quality isn't of a good league 1 player yet imo, think he needs a loan.

I feel the same way about TC and Anderson, TC has flair and Anderson has a great engine, but both lack that bit of quality expected from a club who hope to be a top6 league one side. They're still young and should be starting week in week out at a lower level to find themselves, I like them all but I think this is a level beyond atm, compared to say Leaburn who when he plays, league 1 defenders actually look a bit scared and weary of him.

Still frustrating we haven't managed to move Fraser on, massive waste of wages.

I can't see this transfer window adding too much now tbh, I can't see us shelling out on strikers so our best hope is a midfielder with some goal scoring quality about him. Those are hard to find at this level though so Jones may have to take a serious look at a loan. 
    Not sure any striker would do well with absolutely zero service .  
    Campbell had a golden opportunity to score and completely f****d it

Which makes it even more effective.😎
    Not if it's crap to start with...🤔
  • wmcf123 said:
    Quite comfortable with seeing Ness moved on after seeing Zack Mitchell play again. Think Mitchell is a bit ahead of him physically and a lot more assured. I'd have Ness down as a league 2 player now, whereas I think Mitchell could do well at this level given the chance. 

Edun needs to go, a really poor signing. Imagine he's on fairly decent wages as well and he's arguably the worst full back at the club, I can see why he didn't make the grade at Blackburn. 

It might be controversial, but I think Kanu, TC and Anderson could have all done with a loan. Kanu is giving me Josh Davison vibes. I think he's been thrown in a bit early due to injuries and having inadequate cover. His energy and work rates have allowed him to exist in the side, but his quality isn't of a good league 1 player yet imo, think he needs a loan.

I feel the same way about TC and Anderson, TC has flair and Anderson has a great engine, but both lack that bit of quality expected from a club who hope to be a top6 league one side. They're still young and should be starting week in week out at a lower level to find themselves, I like them all but I think this is a level beyond atm, compared to say Leaburn who when he plays, league 1 defenders actually look a bit scared and weary of him.

I can't see this transfer window adding too much now tbh, I can't see us shelling out on strikers so our best hope is a midfielder with some goal scoring quality about him. Those are hard to find at this level though so Jones may have to take a serious look at a loan. 
    I get what you say and not disagreeing but some of it has to be about striker anticipation and body positioning........ doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out 'there's a long diagonal ball coming my way in a minute'........ :)  
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

Which is kind of my point really, we aren't going to be a team where a man will have the luxury of playing off a centre backs shoulder and receiving a peach of a through ball. Our strikers are gonna have to take the ball on themselves and make something happen. I see that in Leaburn and Aneke. Haven't seen enough of Gassan or Godden yet to see if they can manage it. I don't think TC or Kanu are ready for that yet and probably need strike partners and playing in a team more possession based. I don't think they have the experience to offer that.

Still think we desperately need a centre mid who can dictate the pacing of the game when we have the ball. I don't know what Coventry is yet as a player, but I don't think that's his role, I also don't see Docherty or Berry fulfilling that role. 

Sorry I'll post it as a rumour on Twitter account with 3 followers next time as a fake journalist. :lol:
  • Anyone know why Taylor didn't make at least the bench yesterday? Injured or being shipped out?
  • If Potts is any good why is he still looking for a club ?
    Maybe he has a deal "in principle" he's happy with, he likes to work with Jones so he's happy to wait? It doesn't necessarily mean that he couldn't go elsewhere, but he's not needing sign anything in a hurry just now.
  • edited August 14
    Nathan Jones has been relieved of his duty as Manager.

Sorry I'll post it as a rumour on Twitter account with 3 followers next time as a fake journalist. :lol:
    Hilarious...not!,🤷‍♂️
  • cafc4life said:
    Nathan Jones has been relieved of his duty as Manager.

yeah agreed it wasnt funny.

making the cafc4life username look poor on all parts when it was you and not me. 

• Chunes said:
    Anyone know why Taylor didn't make at least the bench yesterday? Injured or being shipped out?
    Being rested for next season
    Be like a new signing....er next season...🤦‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

Because he been in Dubai getting fit .. 
    he's
    [hiːz, hɪz]
    contraction
    1. he is:
      "he's going to speak"
      • he has:
        "he's given up his job"......🤦‍♂️
  • Bailey said:
    If he isn't already, I think Small should be looking seriously at our offer of an extended contract.

The guy thinks he is something he ain't, and he'd better get a shift on and sort out this contract fiasco asap, 'cos I can't see Nathan hanging around much longer before he gets rid...🙄

I wasn't at the game last night but posters who were seem unanimous in their opinion of Small's poor performance. That performance may mean nothing but it may add to the feeling that Small is probably looking at his next move, which he surely believes is higher up the pyramid, his problem is to whom and it's probably a problem for Charlton as to when. I don't think it's in anyone's interest to have a player in the squad who is not committed and with the window closing in 16 days time we need to move him on now but once again it's about finding the right buyer. I also think that he is good enough to grace a top championship side or even lower half Premiership but Thierry needs to be playing, not bench warming.  
    Are you saying he deliberately played poorly?
    For the life of me, I can’t see why he would do that if he’s looking to get a significant move lined up.
    There were quite possibly a few scouts at last night’s game…..in which case he can’t possibly have done himself any favours.🧐
    Read the second and third line SoundAsaf, 'that performance may mean nothing but it may add to the feeling that Small is probably looking at his next move' I didn't say he didn't try but his performance may give the impression that his eyes are elsewhere.  My opinion is that I cannot see a player of his age and his quality playing second fiddle to Josh Edwards, I can't see how they would both fit in to the current line up, unless Nathan Jones has a brain storm and plays with Thierry Small as a winger, with all that said if you want an example of a contract offered, rejected, and the said key player being moved out of the club before contracts end, try Corey Blackett Taylor or with a slight difference George Dobson. Charlton know that they can't match Thierry Small's wage demands, they also know that in moving him on they would not only get, hopefully a decent fee but free up a considerable salary. It's a shame but that's modern day football for you.  
    Fancy going all that way bet he wishes he knew somewhere in SE London which has got decent training facilities........ sorry, couldn't stop myself.....  :)
  • edited August 14
    https://x.com/benbocsak/status/1815493265942098177?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

Previous interest from Southampton (before their promotion), Almere City, Heerenveen (Eredivisie) and Minnesota United (MLS).
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!