Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Nathan Jones has been relieved of his duty as Manager.

• Uboat said:
    I bumped into Ronnie at a pub on the Isle of Wight last night. Actually quite a nice bloke. 

I bet you got more sense out of the parrot.
  • We need a Jonny Williams type of player, not necessarily starts by comes on and runs at a tiring team. Not sure who ticks that box and who is available.

Goalkeeper I would like to see someone come in to challenge Mannion.

Potts to come in to challenge Gillesphy, I don't think he is that bad but needs a backup.

Sonny Bradley would be decent too if he becomes available.

Johnny Williams? We have had a lot better to use as an example :)
  • Redhenry said:
    We need a Jonny Williams type of player, not necessarily starts by comes on and runs at a tiring team. Not sure who ticks that box and who is available.

Goalkeeper I would like to see someone come in to challenge Mannion.

Potts to come in to challenge Gillesphy, I don't think he is that bad but needs a backup.

Sonny Bradley would be decent too if he becomes available.

Johnny Williams? We have had a lot better to use as an example :)
    I mean think of the playoff final. Changed the game.
    True
  • For those at home, could Mannion have done better for the goal?
    Theoretically a goal keeper can save every attempt on goal IF he is fortunately standing in the correct position to do so....however that's impossible in many instances, last night that was clearly the case.....can't think of any keeper who'd have got to that.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 14
    If he isn't already, I think Small should be looking seriously at our offer of an extended contract.

The guy thinks he is something he ain't, and he'd better get a shift on and sort out this contract fiasco asap, 'cos I can't see Nathan hanging around much longer before he gets rid...🙄

• If he isn't already, I think Small should be looking seriously at our offer of an extended contract.

The guy thinks he is something he ain't, and he'd better get a shift on and sort out this contract fiasco asap, 'cos I can't see Nathan hanging around much longer before he gets rid...🙄

I wasn't at the game last night but posters who were seem unanimous in their opinion of Small's poor performance. That performance may mean nothing but it may add to the feeling that Small is probably looking at his next move, which he surely believes is higher up the pyramid, his problem is to whom and it's probably a problem for Charlton as to when. I don't think it's in anyone's interest to have a player in the squad who is not committed and with the window closing in 16 days time we need to move him on now but once again it's about finding the right buyer. I also think that he is good enough to grace a top championship side or even lower half Premiership but Thierry needs to be playing, not bench warming.  
  • cfgs said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Hoping this will give us a kick up the backside to put in a shift on Saturday, the players that is, not the fans.
    i think they put a shift in last night - just there was an enormous lack of quality and attacking threat 
    Once Birmingham scored they looked comfortable, apart from balls dropping over their centre of their defence, however they didn't tear us apart and we competed, it may have been very different if that penalty had gone in.
    I think that for all the football has been quite poor this has to be a positive sign. Under Holden and Appleton we were playing poor football... but not even being competitive about it. Dobson aside our midfield and defence was pretty feeble and low effort.

I'd like to see more expansive football but I am glad at least that we seem to be actually trying in games even if we do lose.
  • If he isn't already, I think Small should be looking seriously at our offer of an extended contract.

Yes, I think he very much wants everyone to be on his club bus. Not that you're suggesting it but I don't think he'd throw out the baby with the bathwater if Small isn't on his bike......... he kept Dobson from going as he knew he needed him.
  • Sage said:
    Ideally, I’d like to see the following happen over the rest of this window and through the next…

Asiimwe out on loan
    Taylor out on loan
    Fraser sold
    Ness sold
    Watson sold
    Edun sold

New number one keeper
    New RWB to compete with Ramsay
    New left centre back (Potts?)
    New centre midfielder to complete with Coventry
    New attacking midfielder/creative player (Dixon?)
    Zero chance we sign five players, be lucky to get two in.
    I did say over the rest of this window and through the next, but you can ignore that part if you like :smile:
  • Bailey said:
    If he isn't already, I think Small should be looking seriously at our offer of an extended contract.

I wasn't at the game last night but posters who were seem unanimous in their opinion of Small's poor performance. That performance may mean nothing but it may add to the feeling that Small is probably looking at his next move, which he surely believes is higher up the pyramid, his problem is to whom and it's probably a problem for Charlton as to when. I don't think it's in anyone's interest to have a player in the squad who is not committed and with the window closing in 16 days time we need to move him on now but once again it's about finding the right buyer. I also think that he is good enough to grace a top championship side or even lower half Premiership but Thierry needs to be playing, not bench warming.  
    Are you saying he deliberately played poorly?
    For the life of me, I can’t see why he would do that if he’s looking to get a significant move lined up.
    There were quite possibly a few scouts at last night’s game…..in which case he can’t possibly have done himself any favours.🧐
  • Sponsored links:

• Think when Leaburn returns can see him and Ahadme up top with Godden playing just behind in the “10” role ??
  • Scoham said:
    I thought Dixon was a winger/striker with pace and skill, not a creative playmaker type to play in the midfield 3?
    From the very small amount of clips that I've seen of Dixon, he looks very raw & unlikely to be effective for us ..................... YET
  • English Football Association’s (EFA) work permit regulations state that a player looking to join an English club must have played 75 per cent of his national team’s competitive games over the last two years.

That nation also has to maintain a top 50 FIFA ranking on average over that two-year period.

TOP 50

Jamaica currently sit 59th in the FIFA world ranking and have not broken into the top 50 since 2020 when they climbed to 47th.

However, they have fluctuated between 53rd and their current standing over the last two years.

We needed a rumour so I gave one. Like all rumours it doesn’t need to be truthful. 
  • If Potts is any good why is he still looking for a club ?
  • Interesting that Ness was there last night, doesn't suggest imminent departure

We needed a rumour so I gave one. Like all rumours it doesn’t need to be truthful. 
    So it's a "rumour" you just decided to make up, great!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!