Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Really big fan of this new RonnieMoore is a pirate lore
    If the rumours are to be believed Robert Downey Jr is going to play 'Pirate Ron' in the CharltonLife cinematic universe
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    It's nice that we're gushing about how defensively solid our wide player is, but we'll need more than that quite often. Small definitely not just a bench player in this league. There will probably be times both play tbh
    This.  5 defenders and 3 defensive minded midfielders can’t be the way to promotion .  

You do realize that the 5 defenders include full backs who can hold their position in an away match becomes wing backs when playing at home because it would be bizarre if in League 1 you had 8 defensive players.
    Also no way would you play 3 defensive midfielders.

You surely can't believe that in home matches ?
    Don’t know - we’ll see what happens .  I remain convinced that you can play 3 attacking players away from home - if you played 433, you’d have 3 forwards of some description .  I didn’t say 3 defensive midfielders but none of the midfielders that started on Saturday have any great scoring / creative pedigree .  I think we have to eventually carry more threat although I am completely understanding that there are games where you have to tough it out - we haven’t had that in our locker for some time so I’m delighted we managed the win on Saturday .  

You said 3 defensive minded midfielders which seems the same thing to me !

I don't want cafc to be a one trick pony and yes I agree flexibility is key and 3 forwards should be used on occasions as both Kanu and Campbell can play wider without getting chalk dust on their boots all game.
    Not sure how quick Dixon will be involved but another one who can hopefully test a full back.
    It doesn't need a genius coach to know there's room down the flanks if CAFC wing backs are both in attacking mode if a move breaks down and we get hit in transition.

The ability to think on your feet is paramount  for a manager or head coach; being proactive and reactive if necessary. I don't want to see the hands in the pocket that Slade and Appleton showed.
    I know he's manic but at least NJ will have a plan and he will remind the players of that during a game !
    The attacking play would've to improve but let's see what happens after a few games, home and away.
  • edited August 12
    The problem with going for Mannion as No 1 (ok with me) is that would make MacLorg our No 3, which doesn't fill me with any confidence. He looks barely 6ft, not sure why we signed him.

I wonder if Kone is happy in Middle East?  Perhaps we should sign a more senior keeper for U21s as Lennon is the sole candidate.
  • edited August 12
    The problem with going for Mannion as No 1 (ok with me) is that would make MacLorg our No 3, which doesn't fill me with any confidence. He looks barely 6ft, not sure why we signed him.

I wonder if Kone is happy in Middle East?  Perhaps we should sign a more senior keeper for U21s as Lennon is the sole candidate.
    Don’t really need 3 keepers, if 2 get injured you can rely on the emergency loan system so that you aren’t relying on a kid. 

In fact I’ve read about some teams only having 1 senior keeper, saving on wages to spend elsewhere and then just emergency loaning one in if needed 
  • thenewbie said:
    Really big fan of this new RonnieMoore is a pirate lore

The sort of pirate who's unable to decipher the treasure map, because, even when he holds it sideways, he only ever sees an "+" instead of an "x"... 
  • thenewbie said:

The sort of pirate who's unable to decipher the treasure map, because, even when he holds it sideways, he only ever sees an "+" instead of an "x"... 
    wouldn't that be at a 45% angle rather than sideways? 

• I have nothing new to say just hoping this is the comment that pushes us all through to the next page! 🤞🏻
    is that the modern equivalent of walking the gangplank
  • edited August 12
    Jints said:
    thenewbie said:

• Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    I know its sweltering hot at the moment, but when does the window shut?
    30th August.
    Thank you , so plenty of time, ish.
    A couple of weeks to go and personally I'm not expecting much more to happen. A few more out, probably very late on, Potts probably still to come in and probably our G-list starting GK or whatever we're on now.
    There be another 3 coming in 
    What positions do they play Ronnie?
  • Not sure if shared 

https://x.com/footyinsider247/status/1822671232749146361?t=OtqYCKMrjg4Yaq-MRwAWeQ&s=19

Brendan Wiredu linked with Plymouth, Derby and Oxford. 

Of course isn't completely Charlton rumour related, but neither are 99% of the posts in this thread. Shame if he goes to them, I still had hope we'd see him back here one day.
    Rumours are he wouldn't want to come back here anyway, and I want players who want to be here.  Regardless, if there's Championship interest we were unlikely to get a look in anyway.
  • Oggy Red said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    30th August.
    A couple of weeks to go and personally I'm not expecting much more to happen. A few more out, probably very late on, Potts probably still to come in and probably our G-list starting GK or whatever we're on now.
    You sound like a pirate 
    Andy Scott be another, me loverrrrr. 

He was parroting about Pieces of 8-8-8.
    I think Ronnie should now be called 'Red Rackham' for those old enough 
  • Not sure if shared 

https://x.com/footyinsider247/status/1822671232749146361?t=OtqYCKMrjg4Yaq-MRwAWeQ&s=19

Of course isn't completely Charlton rumour related, but neither are 99% of the posts in this thread. Shame if he goes to them, I still had hope we'd see him back here one day.
    Rumours are he wouldn't want to come back here anyway, and I want players who want to be here.  Regardless, if there's Championship interest we were unlikely to get a look in anyway.
    Was mentioned very near the start of this thread that he was at the training ground just after the season finished.

Might have been a social visit or a chat with NJ that didn't go any further.
  • Not sure if shared 

Got a lot of praise on local radio up here for Saturday’s performance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just spotted that the game Saturday kicks off at 12:30.

I apologise for posting on here, but I thought that this is the thread that most will read.
  • Redrobo said:
    Just spotted that the game Saturday kicks off at 12:30.

I apologise for posting on here, but I thought that this is the thread that most will read.
    Source?
  • Redrobo said:
    Just spotted that the game Saturday kicks off at 12:30.

Have you seen the would ya thread?
  • Jints said:
    thenewbie said:

Hey, it's more difficult to manage these things using a hook you know...
  • CafcSteve said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    30th August.
    What positions do they play Ronnie?
    Strikaarrrr, defendaarrrr and midfieldarrrr
    Wait no I can do better. We're looking at Michael Carrack, Tom Cannon and Chris Frigate. They've all been scouted by Steve Galleon
    Don’t forget Jolly Roger Johnson and Troy Parrott 
  • fenaddick said:
    This thread could really do with some rumours
    I think we've ended up needing to get rid before anyone else comes in. Potts and Dixon are probably ready to go once everything else is cleared, possibly a new GK is being sought/spoken to as well but deadlock in turfing out the spares has tied our hands.
  • Not sure if shared 

Can’t see him going to Plymouth with them having signed Gyabi on loan for the season. I’d be astounded if he stays at Fleetwood though, far too good for that league. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!