Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Second half they have looked slick other than the ball over the top. We have passed and moved but created very little, the better side won. But how did Docherty not hit the target?
  • cfgs said:
    Second half they have looked slick other than the ball over the top. We have passed and moved but created very little, the better side won. But how did Docherty not hit the target?
    Wrong thread.
  • Sage said:
    Ideally, I’d like to see the following happen over the rest of this window and through the next…

Asiimwe out on loan
    Taylor out on loan
    Fraser sold
    Ness sold
    Watson sold
    Edun sold

New number one keeper
    New RWB to compete with Ramsay
    New left centre back (Potts?)
    New centre midfielder to complete with Coventry
    New attacking midfielder/creative player (Dixon?)
    Zero chance we sign five players, be lucky to get two in.
  • For those at home, could Mannion have done better for the goal?
    Dont think so... Was a classic effort from distance, maybe his positioning could have been a bit better over to his left, but then thats where he probably should have been protected by those in front of him, who gave the scorer the daylight to take the effort.
    Would have been a save of the season contender. I actually think someone like prime Jussi Jaaskelainen might have had it, but that's not a standard of shotstopping we should hold Mannion to
  • I know the whole thing about Jones not playing with a conventional No10 but this side is crying out for someone with a bit of a spark. I'm not expecting to see Dixon immediately and it would be very hard on the lad to expect him to come straight in and contribute.

If Taylor is going along with the exit of Fraser then there's a gap for someone to come in and compete with Coventry -  REG can play there but I'd only do that in an emergency. Also still got a nagging doubt about the attacking options but I'll reserve judgement until Godden is fit.
  • Sage said:
    Ideally, I’d like to see the following happen over the rest of this window and through the next…

Asiimwe out on loan
    Taylor out on loan
    Fraser sold
    Ness sold
    Watson sold
    Edun sold

New number one keeper
    New RWB to compete with Ramsay
    New left centre back (Potts?)
    New centre midfielder to complete with Coventry
    New attacking midfielder/creative player (Dixon?)
    Potts would be good, but I still really want to see Edwards lcb inside of Small. When we are going forwards Small can bomb on and everyone can slide across to a back 4 with edwards on the left. From what we have seen so far he looks amazing 1v1 defending and would free up Small going forward without having to give up any defensive width when teams try to hit us on the counter. It'll mean we have a real attack threat down the left without Small having to worry about getting back all the time
  • Hoping this will give us a kick up the backside to put in a shift on Saturday, the players that is, not the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dixon, Potts, mystery GK.

I think you'll be right on that Callum but I really hope there's something extra on top of those. 
  • Nathan Jones has been relieved of his duty as Manager.
  • Potts in Gillesphy out. 
  • edited August 13
    Scoham said:
    I thought Dixon was a winger/striker with pace and skill, not a creative playmaker type to play in the midfield 3?
    Correct.

95% confident that Jones has no interest in bringing in another central midfielder. If we do they’ll be a Coventry/Taylor type should TT be moved on.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Potts in Gillesphy out. 
    Is this a suggestion or a rumour? Please remember that we are in the rumours thread and won’t take general chitchat. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Potts in Gillesphy out. 
    Nothing wrong with Gillesphy tonight considering he was restricted with the booking early in the game , again defensively we were pretty solid , Small  Kanu and Anderson were poor tonight 
  • Danny Mandriou is still a free agent after leaving Lincoln, been linked to Blackpool but could be worth a go to add some creativity. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 13
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I thought Dixon was a winger/striker with pace and skill, not a creative playmaker type to play in the midfield 3?
    Correct.

95% confident that Jones has no interest in bringing in another central midfielder. If we do they’ll be a Coventry/Taylor type should TT be moved on.
    Why did we have Bishop on trial in that case?
    Was Bishop that kind of player that everyone says we need? 10 odd assists in the last four years. Think he was here to make up the pre season numbers.
  • fenaddick said:
    Anyone at the game see anyone in the directors box? Dixon maybe?
    The only players I saw were sitting in back row of Directors Box, Leaburn plus Godden.
    I would rather have z Mitchell involved than sign Potts if it allowed us to sign a midfielder who can pass the ball forward
  • Early on some signs of an attacking passing threat on the left. So I think the players do have a passing game in them. My problem with the pressing approach is it seems to be based on the opposition making mistakes rather than our players creating opportunities. 

Maybe the hope is that the passing game will develop over time but the initial focus is on the press. I am struggling to see where the goals are going to come from.
  • We need a Jonny Williams type of player, not necessarily starts by comes on and runs at a tiring team. Not sure who ticks that box and who is available.

Goalkeeper I would like to see someone come in to challenge Mannion.

Potts to come in to challenge Gillesphy, I don't think he is that bad but needs a backup.

Sonny Bradley would be decent too if he becomes available.

• Hoping this will give us a kick up the backside to put in a shift on Saturday, the players that is, not the fans.
    If the players need a kick up the backside after one league and one cup game we really are in for a long season 

They should be fit and raring to go this early in the season 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!