Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• mart77 said:
    We’re being linked with Hungarian international Mihaly Kata. 22 yo. Seems like a Coventry type of player. 

Hungarian, okay, great well let's get Dobson to put in a good - oh bugger.
  • Weird one because looking at him I'd have assumed he'd have much better suitors than League One, and we already have players in his position that we have paid significant money for. 
  • Seems a weird link, our transfer budget seems blown and they've already rejected bids for him. 

Wonder where this has come from
  • £1.5m was the figure mentioned by press when Southampton were linked with him in January. I’d be surprised if had that left to go on 1 player. 
  • edited August 14
    I wonder if Kata does the whole Wax on... Wax off, or whether he's more the No Mercy type?
  • edited August 14
    £1.5m was the figure mentioned by press when Southampton were linked with him in January. I’d be surprised if had that left to go on 1 player. 
      Offer them £1.499 Mill, and use Fraser as a makeweight for the other grand...🤔
  • Transfermarkt has him as a central midfielder also so i'd expect Taylor would go and Kata would get Andersons spot in midfield in the starting 11 
  • Sponsored links:

• £1.5m was the figure mentioned by press when Southampton were linked with him in January. I’d be surprised if had that left to go on 1 player. 
    From the beginning of our ownership our mantra has been ‘actions rather than words’, but there is still so much to do. Our collective aim is for Charlton to become the most cohesive and sustainable community-driven club in the UK competing at an elite level. Doubtless there will be ups and downs along the way, but in an era of strict revenue-based cost controls your club’s potential will only be achieved with your active support and engagement. That is now what we respectfully request.
  • https://youtu.be/3hzHUu1XVM4?si=vU7sDYbLBIfpOAJ4

Recorded on what can only be the first ever video recorder ever created, but some highlights. Seems to like the passes Jones wants us making 
  • I’ll be the first to say it will be Katastrophic if we fail to sign the lad 
  • No chance this guy is coming to us
  • His initials are MK and he plays for MTK, any idea if he has a middle name and the club are named after him?
  • Was not on my bingo card to be talking about incomings and outgoings at Charlton via Hungary in 2024 
  • He's more in the Coventry mold than Anderson's position though. 

Little goal/assists in his game. Lots of deep-ball distribution to wings/playmakers. 
  • shirty5 said:
    English Football Association’s (EFA) work permit regulations state that a player looking to join an English club must have played 75 per cent of his national team’s competitive games over the last two years.

That nation also has to maintain a top 50 FIFA ranking on average over that two-year period.

TOP 50

Jamaica currently sit 59th in the FIFA world ranking and have not broken into the top 50 since 2020 when they climbed to 47th.

However, they have fluctuated between 53rd and their current standing over the last two years.

Which is a nonsense rule or George Weah wouldn't have been able to play here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:
    shirty5 said:
    English Football Association’s (EFA) work permit regulations state that a player looking to join an English club must have played 75 per cent of his national team’s competitive games over the last two years.

That nation also has to maintain a top 50 FIFA ranking on average over that two-year period.

TOP 50

Jamaica currently sit 59th in the FIFA world ranking and have not broken into the top 50 since 2020 when they climbed to 47th.

However, they have fluctuated between 53rd and their current standing over the last two years.

Which is a nonsense rule or George Weah wouldn't have been able to play here.
    It's more complex than that. As long as we meet other criteria we can have two players from overseas that don't meet the primary rules. It's still a complex subject but the Jamaican lad must be in with a shout.

If you want to get a headache, you can read more here. https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/06/21/introducing-esc-the-new-gbe-guidance-opens-up-recruitment-post-brexit/
  • No idea if this Kata link has anything to it or not, but given Terry Taylor didn't even make the squad yesterday us looking at a player in the holding midfield position wouldn't necessarily be the most unlikely thing
  • Don't think Dixon would be over here if we weren't certain he'd qualify under the GBE rules. Been enough other signings in this league over the past season or so that have less pedigree than Dixon. Portsmouth signed Kushni Yengi from the A-League last season fine without any caps for Oz. 
  • Swisdom said:
    This might not actually be such a crazy shout...^

I agree. Tbh if I were one of our owners that had a few quid sitting about this guy is the kind of signing I would be chasing. Yes it might be £1.5m but the potential ROI is very good I would think 
  • edited August 14
    I've always felt we wouldn't have signed Coventry if Jones was here at the time. Not surprised if we're after someone more NJ's style in the same position. 
  • From the brief clips it looks like he's got the ability on the ball to play further forward than Coventry does. Would certainly be a left field signing if there's anything to it. 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/czjyey12jdvo.amp Swansea first choice is injured so exactly what we need, another club in the market for goalkeepers. What a bizarre summer it's been in that regard 
  • Swisdom said:
    This might not actually be such a crazy shout...^

Does this mean that Fraser is off? To make room for someone else?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!