Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Ferryman said:
    shirty5 said:
    English Football Association’s (EFA) work permit regulations state that a player looking to join an English club must have played 75 per cent of his national team’s competitive games over the last two years.

That nation also has to maintain a top 50 FIFA ranking on average over that two-year period.

TOP 50

Jamaica currently sit 59th in the FIFA world ranking and have not broken into the top 50 since 2020 when they climbed to 47th.

However, they have fluctuated between 53rd and their current standing over the last two years.

Which is a nonsense rule or George Weah wouldn't have been able to play here.
    Could be that things have changed as a result of Brexit couldn't it?
  • Anyone got a mate that supports MTK Budapest?
    Anyone got a mate?
  • Seems a weird link, our transfer budget seems blown and they've already rejected bids for him. 

Wonder where this has come from
    Our budget not blown as you put it .. 
  • Sorry you say Kator, I can’t but help think of this fella.

• CafcSteve said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    I know its sweltering hot at the moment, but when does the window shut?
    30th August.
    Thank you , so plenty of time, ish.
    A couple of weeks to go and personally I'm not expecting much more to happen. A few more out, probably very late on, Potts probably still to come in and probably our G-list starting GK or whatever we're on now.
    There be another 3 coming in 
    What positions do they play Ronnie?
    Strikaarrrr, defendaarrrr and midfieldarrrr
    This just made me laugh out loud on the bus!
  • fenaddick said:
    This thread could really do with some rumours
    My Wife is shagging Dave from number 45
    And so has this!
  • CafcSteve said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    30th August.
    A couple of weeks to go and personally I'm not expecting much more to happen. A few more out, probably very late on, Potts probably still to come in and probably our G-list starting GK or whatever we're on now.
    Strikaarrrr, defendaarrrr and midfieldarrrr
    This just made me laugh out loud on the bus!

Have the men in white coats arrived yet...🙄
  • https://x.com/benbocsak/status/1823759252558840113?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

“🇭🇺 It’s true. Kata is wanted by Charlton Athletic but the English side are only looking at the Hungarian midfielder as a possible January transfer. 

They will continue to scout him at MTK Budapest during the autumn.”
  • Does his contract run out next year and we can bosman him or something? 

Seems a bit silly to be scouting players for January, but also that guy could be talking nonsense. 
  • https://x.com/benbocsak/status/1823759252558840113?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

“🇭🇺 It’s true. Kata is wanted by Charlton Athletic but the English side are only looking at the Hungarian midfielder as a possible January transfer. 

They will continue to scout him at MTK Budapest during the autumn.”
    Booooo Andy Scott out
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    We’re being linked with Hungarian international Mihaly Kata. 22 yo. Seems like a Coventry type of player. 

No mention of the Sky Blues showing interest. 
  • He's more in the Coventry mold than Anderson's position though. 

Little goal/assists in his game. Lots of deep-ball distribution to wings/playmakers. 
    In the 2 games we’ve seen so far, Anderson has almost been playing alongside Coventry. With Docherty/Berry playing further forward in the 10 position 

So if we got Kata he would probably play alongside Coventry, and then Berry/Docherty ahead of them 
  • Does his contract run out next year and we can bosman him or something? 

Seems a bit silly to be scouting players for January, but also that guy could be talking nonsense. 
    contract until 2026. I think it would be insane if we weren’t scouting players for future windows. Have to have back up plans in case things aren’t going well. 
  • The lack of midfield creativity isnr down to Coventry , thats not his rle or his game , hes there to do the dirty work in front of the back 3. 
    Doc and Berry are the creative links in the side -  Anderson in there isnt the answer at the moment the same as TC isnt the answer as a striker, 
    Berry and Godden come in the side for Saturday in place of Campbell and Anderson and i think we look much better straight away. 
  • edited August 14
    sam3110 said:
    Chunes said:
    I've always felt we wouldn't have signed Coventry if Jones was here at the time. Not surprised if we're after someone more NJ's style in the same position. 
    Why? I think Coventry is the perfect Jones player, lots of pressing and winning the ball higher up in interceptions instead of lunging tackles, keeps the ball moving but isn't just a destroyer or a creator. 
    I just want to say firstly that this isn't an argument about whether Coventry is a good player or not, because I feel like this always ends up being the subtext when talking about this player.

Back to the point at hand, I hear what you're saying, but would you really say that the way we play makes the most of Coventry's skillset?

Because to me, he's a deep lying playmaker who would be best suited to a team that keeps and moves the ball. And we're a direct, high-pressing side that doesn't really want possession in midfield. It's the same reason NJ doesn't appear to rare Taylor, who, when on the ball, is similar in style to Coventry. 

I'm sure this will all be settled (or not) in the next few windows. But if we go out and spend big on a DM then that will say a lot. 
  • Almost every post on this thread about Coventry's role contradicts the previous one.
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSteve said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    30th August.
    Spill the gold Ronnie?
  • Fair to say some of the comments aren't exactly complementary on his impact last season!
  • From the first 2 games it looks as if there may still be a lot of business this month. Fraser, Ness, Taylor, Edun and Asimwe all sold or on loan I am thinking. And apart from a goalie, 2 more midfielders coming in.
  • Fair to say some of the comments aren't exactly complementary on his impact last season!
    Judging by those Sunderland fans comments, looks like we did very well getting what we did for him. Though you do wonder if he’d hung around a first team for another 18 months whether he’d have developed more. Still, you can’t blame the kid for that, he was presented with a life changing opportunity.
  • Dixon, Potts, mystery GK.
    A 20+ striker is a must !! Oh dear 🤦‍♂️
  • I’m not sure I fully understand Nathan’s stance regarding loan deals. He has stated that loan deals only benefit the parent club in improving the players ability. Whilst this may hold an element of truth surely a season long loan deal could benefit both parties? Of course we have loaned plenty of duds over the years but we undoubtedly gained some quality ones too. A certain player of the year in Jed Rak-Sakai comes to mind!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!