Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I think Jones' comment about Zach Mitchell is more telling than anything when it comes to Taylor: 'he’s aggressive, front-footed and really mobile. So these are people we want to take forward'. Taylor's known for putting in a tackle but I think he's not a blood and thunder type midfielder and I guess he hasn't been able to adapt to the front-footed press like Jones would want. When Edun came on against Birmingham he was flying into tackles and challenging for high balls so he's clearly trying to work the way he's being asked, you'd have to suspect Taylor hasn't been able to change his game in the same way and that's why Edun made the squad and Taylor didn't. I think it's a real shame as I was comfortable with having him as the understudy to Coventry and I think he'll probably go on and be good elsewhere
    Can't remember but was Taylor given a squad number?
  • Major said:
    Well, thats eight and a half minutes I'll never get back.
    You’re welcome
  • Contrary to others,  I thought that was a reasonable cameo by Edun, on Tuesday evening. 

I think he is a footballer, with lots of pace and energy. 
    When he first came to us I was impressed & his play reminded me a lot of Rhoys Wiggins. Unfortunately for whatever reason he fell away, maybe Jones can bring out the best of him. 

• Maybe, as Man Utd’s new loan manager, Mickey Apples can do us a favour and sort us out with a season long loan deal for Radek Vitek https://youtu.be/5pn2pxFejsI?si=AZdlE5AJGpW1a1jh
    Haven't we had enough of keepers who push the ball out into the danger area. What ever happened to the art of goalkeeping where they make a save & actually hold on to the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    Contrary to others,  I thought that was a reasonable cameo by Edun, on Tuesday evening. 

I actually think box-to-box centre mid suits his attributes better than left back. 
    God I miss Bielik, Cullen, Aribo . 
    And when we talk about loans, never forget that the first two were loans, although in Josh Cullen’s case it can be hard to remember that as he spent two full seasons with us, was almost ever-present when we managed to injure every other decent midfielder, and personally I  dont recall a game when he wasn’t one of the top three performers on the day. But I am sure NJ would acknowledge that.  
    You're forgetting Cullen's shoulder injury... Think it was a weird game where we lost him and another player to similar injuries... 
  • Major said:
    Well, thats eight and a half minutes I'll never get back.
    But are you nervous?
  • Geezer is VERY invested in this move 
  • edited August 15
    I think AMB is one of the better keepers in L1, falls down on command of box and distribution. Mannion is an upgrade. I think we merely need a better U21 keeper than shortarse 18 yo MacLorg as No 3.
    Yeah, we were big fans in his first season as our #1, then had a moderate / mediocre season in a team of shite and is now being touted as one of the worst ever Charlton goalies. Sounds like bs confirmation bias to me, but what do I know, I'm still on the naughty step for having being positive about the Appleton appointment.
  • Southbank said:
    I think AMB is one of the better keepers in L1, falls down on command of box and distribution. Mannion is an upgrade. I think we merely need a better U21 keeper than shortarse 18 yo MacLorg as No 3.
    I have not seen Mannion make a decent save yet. He seems steady enough but not yet proven.
    Just proves how well we have defended in the two games 
    I think he may be the one who plays behind the front two… 
  • edited August 15
    Geezer is VERY invested in this move 

Getting the guy over here is hard enough, and could be a figment of someone's very inventive imagination...let's leave where he may or may not play, IF he actually exists that is, until someone sees the guy in the flesh...🤦‍♂️

Getting the guy over here is hard enough, and could be a figment of someone's very inventive imagination...let's leave where he may or may not play, IF he actually exists that is, until someone sees the guy in the flesh...🤦‍♂️
    Isn’t he training at Sparrows ?
  • edited August 15

...or is he, has anyone actually seen him...😉

...or is he, has anyone actually seen him...🙄
    I’m guessing the ones that pass the ball to him might have
  • Sponsored links:

...or is he, has anyone actually seen him...🙄
    I’m guessing the ones that pass the ball to him might have
    y'a know what, you may just be right...🤔
  • That guy talking s our Dixon cracks me up.  I e seen a couple of videos of his and he managed to say nothing.

He’d be the worst at bedtime stories ….just as he finished you’d be waking up the following morning 😄

Yes
  • edited August 16
    Swisdom said:

Yes
    'course he is…init.🤷‍♂️
  • 995632 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Contrary to others,  I thought that was a reasonable cameo by Edun, on Tuesday evening. 

I actually think box-to-box centre mid suits his attributes better than left back. 
    God I miss Bielik, Cullen, Aribo . 
    And when we talk about loans, never forget that the first two were loans, although in Josh Cullen’s case it can be hard to remember that as he spent two full seasons with us, was almost ever-present when we managed to injure every other decent midfielder, and personally I  dont recall a game when he wasn’t one of the top three performers on the day. But I am sure NJ would acknowledge that.  
    You're forgetting Cullen's shoulder injury... Think it was a weird game where we lost him and another player to similar injuries... 
    Bristol City away? Was he one of the two? Think the other was Sam Field.  Horrible, horrible night all round. 

But he came back fairly quickly, didn't he? Always seemed very robust. If anyone wants an example of a "model professional", he'd be near the top of my list
  • Oggy Red said:

It was our old mate Apples at Lincoln that converted Edun to fullback.

Before that, during his Fulham days Edun was always a midfielder.
    He's also been capped by England at every youth level to U20, a total of 34 times.

Wiki tells us:
    "Edun was included in the England under-19 squad for the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.[16] He was sent off in the final after receiving two yellow cards, however England held on to defeat Portugal.[17] Edun was subsequently included in the team of the tournament.[18]"

Edun has good pedigree and was obviously very highly rated when he was younger.

Will he be like Mark Aizlewood ? Signed as a left back but much more effective in midfield.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!