Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    If it's going to be a loan keeper I'd want someone that's at least got a season somewhere under their belt as a first choice. Even better if we could get someone like a Ben Wilson or Brad Collins. 

I wonder if Villa would loan out their Aussie international keeper Joe Gauci they signed in January from Adelaide United? 24 year old with 3 Aussie caps. 
    Wilson is on the bench today 

This would confirm that Collins is possibly available. I also note Jack Bonham is not on the bench for Stoke. 

Either would be good.
  • sam3110 said:
    Jensen was someone we were trying to get right? He's looked awful in the first half for Millwank
    Were we ever linked, or was he simply on a fan wishlist?

I remember reading the BBC Sport live updates on the last day of the season, and they were reporting that he was flapping at a good few crosses in Lincoln's last game... Straight away rang alarm bells for me.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    I wouldn’t be against Petrovic, Slonina or Bettinelli for a season.
    Might aswell get Colwill and Lavia while we’re at it 
    Given that they are likely 3rd, 4th and 5th choices at best I don’t think it’s too far fetched that we could get one of them on loan!
    Petrovic is unrealistic, cost like 15m and played over half their games last year. I’d imagine they’ll cash in on him after the signing of Jörgensen. Bettinelli probably stay as 3rd choice. Slonina isn’t far fetched I agree 
    Slonina played on loan in the Belgian top division last season, there's no way Chelsea are loaning him to league one.

Their entire model is seemingly based around buying young players, giving them experience on loan, then selling them on for a profit. They're highly unlikely to turn a profit on a I player by loaning him to league one. 
    Turns out Slonina wasn’t unrealistic at all and possibly one we’ve missed out on. Belgian League is pretty weak so not shocked on this. 
    Yep, Slonina signs for Barnsley on loan. They were our original competition for Hein until Valladolid came in.
    Yeah surprised we weren’t in for him, maybe we were a bit slow. Tbf haven’t seen a lot of him so can’t say he’s going to go a great job for them. 

One of the Spurs keepers could be an option as they’ve got 4. Austin or Whiteman, although neither particularly experienced. 
    Will Dennis for me. Helped Kilmarnock into Europe last season, appears to be highly rated but hasn’t found a spot for this season yet.

Already 24 y/o as well so needs to find a permanent home soon if Bournemouth don’t plan to play him.
    Can’t say I know a lot about him but not sure he’d be available as they released Randolph and had a keeper on loan last season so likely to need him as 3rd choice. I thought they’d keep their new keeper from New Zealand around but he’s gone back to the A-League on loan. Of course he might push for a move to get some playing time. 

The deal for the Kiwi keeper has fallen through over multi club ownership rules , they tried to loan him to Auckland FC who are owned by the Bournemouth owner Bill Foley and the A-League have blocked it. 
    I believe the A-League have removed the rule and the deal has now gone through 
  • sam3110 said:
    Jensen was someone we were trying to get right? He's looked awful in the first half for Millwank

I remember reading the BBC Sport live updates on the last day of the season, and they were reporting that he was flapping at a good few crosses in Lincoln's last game... Straight away rang alarm bells for me.
    On Cawleys podcast he confirmed we were interested, I think that interest quickly died when Lincoln told us what they wanted for him!
  • sam3110 said:

Quite a few fans, myself included wanted him.

Cawley confirmed on his most recent pod that he was a target.
  • edited August 10
    https://youtu.be/IF9RyXoQgts?feature=shared

Looks like he could fit in …📝
  • Southbank said:
    Chelsea team photo

How sweet, they even have matching trainers on as well...
    Mind you, the guy third in from the right clearly didn't get the email...🙄
    Southbank said:
    Chelsea team photo

How sweet, they even have matching trainers on as well...
    Mind you, the guy third in from the right clearly didn't get the email...🙄
    From time to time Stuart Leary would put his hand on the knee of the guy next to him and the other guy would do the same to him…..you’d never notice it if you weren’t looking closely.
    Very funny. 😄
  • Rothko said:
    Dillon Philips, do me a favour, some of you need to expand your horizons 
    What you mean like Darren Randolph?
  • Isn't Brad Collin in the diminutive bracket when it comes to keepers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes Collins is only 6ft" , not sure if that will rule him out. 
  • cfgs said:
    Isn't Brad Collin in the diminutive bracket when it comes to keepers?
    He is 6 foot tall.
  • Scoham said:
    Rothko said:
    What you mean like Darren Randolph?
    I was thinking more along the lines of Bob Bolder.
  • Richard J said:
    cfgs said:
    He is 6 foot tall.
    Passes the CL height test. But not for keepers :) 

• Richard J said:
    cfgs said:
    He is 6 foot tall.
    Which is small for a keeper these days.
  • cfgs said:
    Richard J said:
    cfgs said:
    He is 6 foot tall.
    Which is small for a keeper these days.
    last goalie to put his raincoat on.
  • Eddie Hopkinson was only 5'9 and played plenty of times for England although people say goalkeepers were better protected then. I don't think Ray Wood would agree. Lol
  • edited August 10
    JamesSeed said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Ronnie Moore (Bexley Boy) is actually a Millwall Fan.
    I thought I was the Millwall fan!?
    Do you feel better now you’ve finally said it? 
    And breathe…

tbh when we played millwall in 2017 (the 0-0 with the wrongly disallowed goal for us) I wondered if my nine year old self might re-emerge, but no. 
  • This Sky coverage is going to save me a few quid this season!
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    JamesSeed said:
    This Sky coverage is going to save me a few quid this season!
    I worry it will devastate attendances.  Why spend £60 plus when you can watch at home?  Only the hardcore will continue going, unless prices are slashed.
    True. Clubs would have known this was coming. Haven’t studied the deal, but I’m assuming there must be some sort of financial benefit?
  • I am sure they are making some money, but without an atmosphere there is a rather bland product.
  • Rothko said:
    Agreed 

He also started today for the Millers and Dawson is on the bench despite the squad numbers.
  • Rothko said:
    Having a blinder for Rotherham 
    today
  • cfgs said:
    JamesSeed said:
    This Sky coverage is going to save me a few quid this season!
    I worry it will devastate attendances.  Why spend £60 plus when you can watch at home?  Only the hardcore will continue going, unless prices are slashed.
    Sky are only covering a small number of games, and people were watching games on streaming last season anyway.
  • I would say we need a goalkeeper, creative midfielder and a striker 
  • I hope a positive start makes us push harder for the better quality players we still need and not think we have enough to stay as we are. 

Hopefully any targets we’ve looked at will see today’s result and think we look a good prospect for promotion. 
    Leaburn & Godden will hopefully solve the striker issue
    We have 6 strikers as Leaburn is back soon , and to be honest Mannion has looked solid the last two games. Unless it’s a  significantly better keeper I wouldn’t worry. Even the midfielder I don’t know where they get in when Taylor and Berry can’t. But happy to see us try get some top players if we can spend a bit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!