Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Just made myself sick by going on Rotherham’s site and seeing that big lard published everywhere…..

but Dillon Phillips is not their number 1 (based on squad numbers), should we entertain? We talk about going for Championships 2nd and 3rd choices yet he has been our number 1 and also nearly positioned himself as the number 1 for Cardiff when he got his chance but got an injury. Wouldn’t write him off.
  • arny23394 said:
    Carter said:
    My take is Hylton is one of Nathan Jones' old mates and I believe he is doing him a favour by giving him game time. He would still score goals in league 2 and probably league 1 but I'd be very surprised if we gave him any sort of contract 

He played 32 times for Northampton over the last two seasons scoring 0. 

He didn't start many though did he? In fairness I'm going off his historic record more than his more pertinent, recent record. Either way, I wouldnt be signing him  but understand why Jones would be helping a loyal soldier out in pre season
  • Adam Davies started in goal for Sheff Utd tonight
  • Scoham said:
    I wouldn’t be against Petrovic, Slonina or Bettinelli for a season.
    Might aswell get Colwill and Lavia while we’re at it 
    Given that they are likely 3rd, 4th and 5th choices at best I don’t think it’s too far fetched that we could get one of them on loan!
    Petrovic is unrealistic, cost like 15m and played over half their games last year. I’d imagine they’ll cash in on him after the signing of Jörgensen. Bettinelli probably stay as 3rd choice. Slonina isn’t far fetched I agree 
    Slonina played on loan in the Belgian top division last season, there's no way Chelsea are loaning him to league one.

Their entire model is seemingly based around buying young players, giving them experience on loan, then selling them on for a profit. They're highly unlikely to turn a profit on a I player by loaning him to league one. 
    Turns out Slonina wasn’t unrealistic at all and possibly one we’ve missed out on. Belgian League is pretty weak so not shocked on this. 
  • Scoham said:
    Given that they are likely 3rd, 4th and 5th choices at best I don’t think it’s too far fetched that we could get one of them on loan!
    Petrovic is unrealistic, cost like 15m and played over half their games last year. I’d imagine they’ll cash in on him after the signing of Jörgensen. Bettinelli probably stay as 3rd choice. Slonina isn’t far fetched I agree 
    Slonina played on loan in the Belgian top division last season, there's no way Chelsea are loaning him to league one.

Their entire model is seemingly based around buying young players, giving them experience on loan, then selling them on for a profit. They're highly unlikely to turn a profit on a I player by loaning him to league one. 
    Turns out Slonina wasn’t unrealistic at all and possibly one we’ve missed out on. Belgian League is pretty weak so not shocked on this. 
    Yep, Slonina signs for Barnsley on loan. They were our original competition for Hein until Valladolid came in.
  • edited August 9
    Scoham said:

Yep, Slonina signs for Barnsley on loan. They were our original competition for Hein until Valladolid came in.
    Yeah surprised we weren’t in for him, maybe we were a bit slow. Tbf haven’t seen a lot of him so can’t say he’s going to go a great job for them. 

One of the Spurs keepers could be an option as they’ve got 4. Austin or Whiteman, although neither particularly experienced. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 9
    Scoham said:

Yeah surprised we weren’t in for him, maybe we were a bit slow. Tbf haven’t seen a lot of him so can’t say he’s going to go a great job for them. 

One of the Spurs keepers could be an option as they’ve got 4. Austin or Whiteman, although neither particularly experienced. 
    Will Dennis for me. Helped Kilmarnock into Europe last season, appears to be highly rated but hasn’t found a spot for this season yet.

Already 24 y/o as well so needs to find a permanent home soon if Bournemouth don’t plan to play him.
  • thenewbie said:
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    On the SLP pod Cawley confirms we had interest in Jensen and Sinsalo
    and that he thinks we'll get a GK in before the end of the window
    Id fucking hope so, I actually can't think of a time where we have gone this late into the window without settled keepers. Traditionally a position we do well in! 
    2018/19: Jed Steer signed 8th August

2011/12: Ben Hamer signed 1st August

We are later than both of those now but the last two times we’ve been promoted out of this league, the presumed first choice goalkeeper wasn’t signed until the eve of the season was upon us.
    A bit disingenuous regarding Steer. How many league games did Steer play that season. Pretty sure Phillips played virtually all of them. In the case of this season we don't have a 'keeper that the manager rates as his No1.
    He played 19 games and was 1st choice until he got recalled from his loan. So its not Callum being disingenuous or remembering wrong....
    Oops.....my bad. 🙊
  • Scoham said:

Will Dennis for me. Helped Kilmarnock into Europe last season, appears to be highly rated but hasn’t found a spot for this season yet.

Already 24 y/o as well so needs to find a permanent home soon if Bournemouth don’t plan to play him.
    Can’t say I know a lot about him but not sure he’d be available as they released Randolph and had a keeper on loan last season so likely to need him as 3rd choice. I thought they’d keep their new keeper from New Zealand around but he’s gone back to the A-League on loan. Of course he might push for a move to get some playing time. 
  • Scoham said:

I feel that neither would feel like being a clear number one but rather competition for Mannion 
  • Richard J said:
    Scoham said:

I feel that neither would feel like being a clear number one but rather competition for Mannion 
    At this monent in time I’m not totally against that. 
  • Scoham said:

Can’t say I know a lot about him but not sure he’d be available as they released Randolph and had a keeper on loan last season so likely to need him as 3rd choice. I thought they’d keep their new keeper from New Zealand around but he’s gone back to the A-League on loan. Of course he might push for a move to get some playing time. 

The deal for the Kiwi keeper has fallen through over multi club ownership rules , they tried to loan him to Auckland FC who are owned by the Bournemouth owner Bill Foley and the A-League have blocked it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 10
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:

At this monent in time I’m not totally against that. 
    Both are 25 and haven't played much first team football. Having browsed a couple of Spurs sites one of them is likely to stay as third choice as they are short of home grown players for European competitions and the other could be loaned.

I guess hoping Fraser Forster might arrive at the Valley in the context of them signing another keeper is unrealistic. 

There is a third young Spurs goalie 21 year old  Irishman Josh Keeley who was on loan with Barnet last season who might be worth mentioning if we are looking at young stoppers rather than clear number 1's

Personally I prefer an experienced keeper as the number 1 jersey is vacant.

• If it's going to be a loan keeper I'd want someone that's at least got a season somewhere under their belt as a first choice. Even better if we could get someone like a Ben Wilson or Brad Collins. 

I wonder if Villa would loan out their Aussie international keeper Joe Gauci they signed in January from Adelaide United? 24 year old with 3 Aussie caps. 
  • Leuth said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    If it's going to be a loan keeper I'd want someone that's at least got a season somewhere under their belt as a first choice. Even better if we could get someone like a Ben Wilson or Brad Collins. 

I wonder if Villa would loan out their Aussie international keeper Joe Gauci they signed in January from Adelaide United? 24 year old with 3 Aussie caps. 
    Really rub it in for AMB. Make it really really personal

Hahaha I really didn't think of it like that 😅😅 was just going through PL squads and figured that he's someone that might not play behind Martinez and Robin Olsen. 
  • edited August 10
    Southbank said:
    Chelsea team photo

How sweet, they even have matching trainers on as well...
    Mind you, the guy third in from the right clearly didn't get the email...🙄
  • There was an Irish athlete named English in this Olympics. He had Ireland on his shirt and pinned over it was 'English'. 
    There was a GB golfer who had Ireland on his shirt!
  • Assuming Mannion will get a chance starting today? Seems an odd signing if he wasn’t going to be number one.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!